BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Owners To Hold "Big Talks" with Kean

Doesn't sound like that any sacking is imminent, just talk about "improving weak points", at the end he says that it is good that fans voice their opinions, the question is are they LISTENING to those opinions? Retaining Kean as manager suggests that they are not.

"If the fans are happy, we are happy. As I have been telling, it is like a family and we should know what the fans totally feel about it".

I would'nt treat my family with such ignorance and arrogance.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If the fans are happy, we are happy. As I have been telling, it is like a family and we should know what the fans totally feel about it".

I would'nt treat my family with such ignorance and arrogance.

Exactly! They know that the only thing that will make fans happy is for Kean to be removed, so if they don't sack him then it totally contradicts the above.

Surely, the only possible outcome of all this is to sack him? Every Roversfan hates Kean by now, and once the fans turn on you like that, how could things possibly change???

Ridiculous!

If I have read the situation correctly then I fully expect that after these talks have happened, owners will come out and say that they have talked to Kean and explored the issues. They have put into place measures that will assist Kean in dealing with these weaknesses and are confident that there will be a improvement in the team's performance, thus giving Kean more games to turn things round. (I hope I am wrtong with this assessment but this is how I feel things will play out).

Exactly! They know that the only thing that will make fans happy is for Kean to be removed, so if they don't sack him then it totally contradicts the above.

I think its more to do with winnign games Kamy, and that is what Rao is referrign too - if we are winning games then the fans are happy in a black and white kind of world. To be honest, if Kean starts winnign games, then I will start to get behind him, but it will take a long time to trust him, that said, I don`t think its going to happen as I have no faith that we will start winning games with him at the helm.

For me, if the owners like him that much, bring in a proven manager on a 1 year or 2 year contract and let Kean be the assistant and learn from him while the ship is steadied - that for me is forward thinking, and pro-active at least !

Kean is scum. Absolute scum. Never hated someone on the Rovers payroll before, but the man is vile. Drink driving, starting on people for no reason, most likely getting other members of staff fired based on multiple reports.

Bit harsh there Tony - drink driving yes, it is unacceptable and he should have lost his job on merit of that alone. Starting on someone, no, if you read what is written, all he has done is remonstrate with the reporter, it doesn`t say he was aggresive or tryign to fight the man, and there isn`t any detail in the article to explain what has occurred so that is a bit of an assumption he has started on him.

Kean is scum. Absolute scum. Never hated someone on the Rovers payroll before, but the man is vile. Drink driving, starting on people for no reason, most likely getting other members of staff fired based on multiple reports.

Would fully support those sentiments as I am sure thousands of Rovers' fans do.

When he eventually goes, I am sure that there will be much more of the proverbial that hits the fan.

Kean was nowhere to be seen in his technical area on Saturday - an absolute coward.

Doesn't sound like that any sacking is imminent, just talk about "improving weak points", at the end he says that it is good that fans voice their opinions, the question is are they LISTENING to those opinions? Retaining Kean as manager suggests that they are not.

I'm pleased with his comments about that the Fans are right to voice our opinions. But kamy you are right when u say are they listening to our opinions tho? that the most important thing.

I think the owners will either sack him over there when they have their meeting or give him a 2 games more to prove himself.

I certain hope that they sack him now due to his shocking pathenic managerial record!

I hope and think that a DoF will be appointed. Taking care of the football side of things and Kean going back into coaching. It might be a reasonable sollution?

Who the hell's coaching them now? The recent performances have been worse than they ever were under Ince. Shocking defending and a non existent midfield from our proposed new coach! :blink:

(Not meaning to have a personal go at you alexander, just stating facts as I see them).

They do bloody good inteviews, it makes you wonder why do they keep faith in Kean.

Venkys are either very very naive or very very good liars and you can see it in someones eyes when they are lying to that level e.g. Kean.

If only they could see Kean is not good enough.

I truely hope some of the wrods he spoke are true, "whatever it takes" to be successful.

I hope and think that a DoF will be appointed. Taking care of the football side of things and Kean going back into coaching. It might be a reasonable sollution?

It wouldn't be any better I don't think. We need him out of the club asap in my opinion.

If a DOF came in it would probably just make us all think, "Ah things are finally changing, let's see how it pans out" when all in all nothing might really have changed, I think you just need to put things like this behind you and move on with a fresh start.

Not getting my hopes up.

If I have read the situation correctly then I fully expect that after these talks have happened, owners will come out and say that they have talked to Kean and explored the issues. They have put into place measures that will assist Kean in dealing with these weaknesses and are confident that there will be a improvement in the team's performance, thus giving Kean more games to turn things round. (I hope I am wrtong with this assessment but this is how I feel things will play out).

Exactly what will happen plus more good words from Venkys re the value of fans input whilst ignoring us.

There are some in this world who are known for ''why tell the truth when a lie will do'' and Venkys belong to that group which now includes their love-chid Kean

Guest Rovers4Good

I'm pleased with his comments about that the Fans are right to voice our opinions. But kamy you are right when u say are they listening to our opinions tho? that the most important thing.

I think the owners will either sack him over there when they have their meeting or give him a 2 games more to prove himself.

I certain hope that they sack him now due to his shocking pathenic managerial record!

Also, it makes you sick when they mention the Arsenal game as that's the only one they've been to and if they came to every one then i'm sure Kean would have gone by now.

Archived