BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

This is what is needed and if it's Mr Hunt, then massive respect is due for somebody actually taking action.

As for Kean - some people said Big Sam was arrogant, with his tongue-in-cheek comments ('I could manage Barca'), but this guy takes the biscuit.

Actually, it'd be interesting to hear from the anti-Sam brigade as to why nobody is making such a big deal out of Kean's comments, yet they jumped on every little comment from Sam?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for Kean - some people said Big Sam was arrogant, with his tongue-in-cheek comments ('I could manage Barca'), but this guy takes the biscuit.

Actually, it'd be interesting to hear from the anti-Sam brigade as to why nobody is making such a big deal out of Kean's comments, yet they jumped on every little comment from Sam?

The difference? I doubt Kean truly believes the crap he comes out with. Sam, on the other hand...

The difference? I doubt Kean truly believes the crap he comes out with. Sam, on the other hand...

In the light of events since Sam's departure don't you think you're making yourself look very, very silly ?

Despite all the backing he is getting publicly, his odds seem to be shortening by the hour !

My link

Interesting - when odds start shortening across the board from short prices already, it means that sizeable money is going on!!!

My local bookie (not a national, also a golf buddy) has not opened his book since the rumours of a few weeks ago. Sent me a text about 10 minutes ago saying that he's turned down 8 bets already today - read into that what you want.

In every respect.

Simply commenting on their characters.

What possible reason does Kean have for such arrogance? It's all bravado because he knows the pressure's mounting.

Sam, on the other hand, is deluded by his success.

Hee hee, is the penny finally dropping?

What penny? That Sam was a decent manager and we shouldn't have sacked him? I've always said that. You're just too bitter to accept it.

Shame we can't mention the guy without it descending into the same tired argument.

Except Sam was deadly serious. This quote: "I've said a lot of things over the years that people laugh at and I find them very insulting for making a joke about it or laughing at how I could be a manager of any club, anywhere and deal with it" is from this interview (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/30/sam-allardyce-west-ham).

Kean talks as much rubbish as Sam did, but Sam at least had plenty of Premier League experience if nothing else.

Interesting line from that article - Mrs Desai has until now believed Kean can turn things around, to the extent that no firm contingency plans have been made. The rationale is that while Rovers remain in touch with fellow struggling clubs, they can still pull clear with a decent run. That run is showing no signs of materialising, hence the call from some quarters for Mrs Desai to consider change.

Worrying that no thought has been given, yet, to changing the manager goes against the recent reports that we had a short list drawn up (with the assistance of Zahavi). With the India trip, primarily being a PR excercise, there is no chance IMO that he would be sacked this week (even if they wanted to get rid of him).

un-bee-lee-va-bul.

Well believe it now, mofo.

Never once called for Sam's sacking. The closest time was after Sam's miserable run in 09/10, after the 4-1 defeat to City. I said that if he didn't pick up results soon, the board would have a decision to make. Apart from that, I've never actually said he should be sacked. Did have a few choice words about his tactics and his personality, but I wouldn't have been writing into people like Brian Reade at The Mirror defending him if I wanted him sacked and couldn't see the job he was doing. Did think it was time for change this season, since myself and many others were growing disillusioned with his football and felt the club could move forward with new ownership. Not even the greatest sceptics could predict Venky's to get it so spectacularly wrong.

Anyway, as you were, Den. I know I give you meaning on this board. ;)

I was one of those who thought Kean should get more time before the City game, in fact all the way through the season. I said 7 games would be a fair amount of time to judge a manager. I don't really care about last season's results that much but after Saturdays game I changed my vote to sack for a number of reasons:

He has clearly lost the players. There was no effort, the tracking back for the 3rd goal was shocking and nobody was prepared to put a shift in once we went a goal down.

He has bought a lot of players but does not seem to have trust in them. Dann and Yakubu aside, none of his other signings can get a regular start so how can they play with confidence in him?? Does he not rate them? Is it an admittance of that his signings are actually rubbish? Petrovic was shocking but he is playing in side low in confidence in the midfield especially so I will reserve judgement on him for now (He has been awful though and must get better quick).

His tactics have not been sorted out and his team selection is questionable. Hoilett should be playing up front like he did at the end of last season and where his best performances have been for Rovers. It is like Utd sticking Rooney out on the right wing just to fit in Owen or somebody. He only played on the left/right wing when Ronaldo was around as he was the star, play your best player in his best position. He has not sorted out the full back situation, does not close down the opposition at all down the wings and lets opposition have the most of the ball all over the pitch. If you don't have the ball, you can't win games. Also Goodwillie on the right wing when we have more wingers in this squad than ever before was a stupid decision and sent out the wrong message to Rochina etc. who have played there before.

His lack of awareness when we are bad is frighening. How did he think we were in the game against City?? We could have been easily 3-0 down at half time and defeat was only a matter of time. I cannot remember watching a game of football when I thought that we were not going to win the game even at 0-0, it was depressing. He should have said we were poor but still wanted to take positives out of that game. No Steve there were no positives, it was a badly set up team from the 1st minute.

He has no authority on the side lines. Mancini was out on the edge of his technical area for the whole of the 2nd half, shouting instructions to his team so they stayed organised and help them through the game. Where was our manager for the 2nd half? I could not see him at all in the technical area, so how are the players meant to pick themselves up when they have no instructions from their manager.

We lack leadership on the pitch that comes from a lack of leadership from the manager. If the players really believed in the tactics and the manager then they don't need a leader on the pitch, they will motivate themselves and play for the manager and the shirt.

Then we have the results this season, bottom 3 after 7 games. Not good enough. Also based on the performances that position is about right. The main thing for me though is that his has now lost the players, you could see it on Saturday as they put in no effort at all and gave up once City scored.

There were a lot of Rovers fans, friends and family that were prepared to give him more time before that match. I actually knew a lot more that were prepared to give him more time than not. However Saturday was the final straw for many and the tide has turned. Nobody wants Kean in charge now as that was the worst performance at home in years. Yes City are better but there was no excuse for the lack of effort and surrender by the players that has to come from the manager especially when he says that all criticism should be directed at him. He now has to go simple as that.

surely hutchins was worse? Dowie, Reed, Lee? They were poor but our Steven is just as bad I'd guess. Hopefully the article above holds credibility and he's removed asap.

Link to the Worst PL Managers article

Link

Chris please don't post so many photos of that egit at once, I don't think the boss would react to well to me smashing my monitor on the floor.

Get rid of this joker now.

you should be like me and only post on your lunch break lol

Archived