BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

people on ewoods finest page on facebook are claiming that when they ring up talksport they are asked whether they are pro/anti kean, and are not getting put through once they say they are anti

Easily remedied, just say you are 'pro' and then once on air, pro sacking Kean !

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually there is someone that agrees with the fans and that is Henry Winter and to be honest if he thinks Kean should go then does it really matter what other journos think ?

I did find it interesting that Winter - who has always been fair to Rovers (or at least more than most sports journalists) thought Kean was struggling.

Without wishing to get shot at - I do partially agree with Cryer - as Kean has been undermined on several occasions by our owners. Personally I think J Jones would be back at the club if it wasn't for our owners views on who we should and shouldn't buy. I don't think one player can totally change things - but I do think with J Jones back at the club we would be in a far healthier position - irrespective of Kean's ability as a manager.

However - what Cryer seems to ignore - is that the situation is partly of Kean's making. He has constantly towed the party line - and has suffered as a result. A more established manager would possibly have kicked off at some of the things that we are led to believe have gone on - but in Kean they have a man who has no previous experienced to fall back on - and is very much beholding to the owners who gave him an opportunity he could possibly never have previously dreamed of.

In essence he can feel sorry for him, and the situation he has had to handle at Rovers which would have tested most managers (Cryers twitters from yesterday seem to indicate things still aren't sorted - and going to India mid-season is madness) - but it doesn't make him the man to get us out of our current position. I do wonder if the problems that Kean has had to handle since the new owners took over is what is gaining him some sympathy in the press ?

It's quite amusing clicking to view the 4% voters, then clicking to view the 96%.

What are the give him more time fans thinking about?

Some aren't fans. They want the Rovers to go down and Kean seems suited to that agenda.

Some can't bear to admit they were wrong so will stick with Kean no matter what.

Some are contrarians. They like swimming against the tide, never realizing that their knee jerk reactions make them more a lemming than those they supposedly oppose.

Some consider themselves super fans, in that they'll back the club no matter what. Of course, they're confusing club with manager and they are two distinct things.

And a few are probably unaware that they can change their vote, even if their attitude has changed.

The fact there are only 26 such persons, amongst all categories, is a pretty good indication as to how Kean is despised by the great majority of supporters.

What are the give him more time fans thinking about?

Waggy admitted to voting for Kean to annoy everyone, at least one of the 26 is a Preston fan, although he claimed to have clicked the wrong button. Approx 6 will be burnley fans. One will be Steve Kean. One is John Jensen but he's had his laptop taken off him and can't change his vote. 7 are Jerome Anderson and 4 are The Raos.

The others are thinking about giving Kean more time or are on holiday.

I have said before and will say again, things are about to take a dramatic twist and turn. From what i hear, the owners do feel a certain amount of responsibility for letting things get into the state they are and have some sympathy for Kean because he has had to be the manager, coach, tea boy, board. I am not sure what they are doing about it but it seems from info that this trip will be successful for the Indian crowd as the game is a massive draw in Pune.

I wait to see how things change but change they will. Not all is as it appears it seems.

I have said before and will say again, things are about to take a dramatic twist and turn. From what i hear, the owners do feel a certain amount of responsibility for letting things get into the state they are and have some sympathy for Kean because he has had to be the manager, coach, tea boy, board. I am not sure what they are doing about it but it seems from info that this trip will be successful for the Indian crowd as the game is a massive draw in Pune.

I wait to see how things change but change they will. Not all is as it appears it seems.

If they feel responsible and want to fix things, but feel sorry for Kean, then "promote" him out of the manager's job. Put him on the Rovers' board (Ms. D runs everything anyway) and give him the Pune Academy to run. He keeps his pay, the Raos save face and, most importantly, they can replace him with someone who is both competent and can inspire confidence in the team and supporters. When his contract runs down, they can say aloha if that seems prudent.

But they have to do something. The current situation is not sustainable.

Has Kean completely lost it? Why would he ever feel the need to brace a reporter in a bar, especially after being convicted of drunk driving?

Iam thinking this must of come from something Cooper has said previous wheather it be public or private about Kean or Rovers, unless Kean just lost it completely that night, although I always though Cooper did most of his reporting on both Manchester clubs.

If this is true then this surly is one of the last nails in Keans coffin

When asked if he thought the fans' protests would force Venky's to act, he told the Lancashire Telegraph: "No, not at all. They are strong people. They are very much in this for the long run and they have backed me to the hilt.

"We'll get through it and we'll do what we did last year when we ended the season brilliantly to stay in the Premier League when we were everyone's favourites to go down.

"Strong people"...appallingly transparent schoolyard psychology there. We finished the season "brilliantly"??? We won two games! One against a Bolton side who are so bad that they are currently below even our sorry a$$es and the other was away at a woeful Wolves, who managed to regroup and spank us at Ewood anyway.

The man is living on cloud cuckoo land.

Venky's are even worse, and are currently doing little more than make themselves, their industry and Pune look stupid.

Archived