BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Still being told that Mrs D still is backing Kean, just can't see that situation changing unless there is a players revolt and that is not going to happen.

The other problem is that people in and around her have their own agendas and are all telling her different things, she has clocked onto this and not listening to them. Protest/Kean our chants seem to have had little effect. This is truly a unique situation where fan preside seems to have very little impact on decision making process.

Up to the Pune 9 to point out to Mrs D that the Club will go into decline if she doesnt act and that Venkys will not be welcome at Ewood Park. Confrontational, yes, but she needs to hear it.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still being told that Mrs D still is backing Kean, just can't see that situation changing unless there is a players revolt and that is not going to happen.

The other problem is that people in and around her have their own agendas and are all telling her different things, she has clocked onto this and not listening to them. Protest/Kean out chants seem to have had little effect. This is truly a unique situation where fan preside seems to have very little impact on decision making process.

Up to the Pune 9 to point out to Mrs D that the Club will go into decline if she doesnt act and that Venkys will not be welcome at Ewood Park. Confrontational, yes, but she needs to hear it. Apologies for double post

The last protest seemed to be given a fairly decent airing in the Asian market. As Kamy has already stated the dragging their name through the muck in their own backyard will make them set up and take notice. The media over there might not be all that bothered about us wanting Kean out but I'm fairly sure that banners ridiculing the Venkys brand will be picked up on and, (I know if it was me), ceased upon by their main competitors.

Does anybody know anything about their main competition over there who we could perhaps contact and get on side in attempt to shame them on a global stage?

Also, how about a simple banner in Hindi to carry even more of an impact?

Afraid that Indian media have no interest in Venky's ownership of Rovers, whether it be positive or negative.

Kean is only part of our real problems, the main problem is venkys mismanagement since they took charge.

They have ripped our club to bits, removed a capable manager for dubious reasons, removed or made john williams position untenable, one of the most

respected administrators in the PL with an outstanding record who could have been a massive help to Mrs D," she had him in house."

If however their agenda is different to ours it could explain their actions to date. What that agenda is is anybodys guess.

As an experienced business person some of her decisions make no sense, eventually these dubious decisions will come to the attention of her business

peers which presumably will do her no good at all.

Afraid that Indian media have no interest in Venky's ownership of Rovers, whether it be positive or negative.

They would if Indian flags being burned inside Ewood during the Spurs game were beamed around the globe.

No doubt the Rao's would be hauled before the Indian government to explain.

Kean comes across as a cocky arrogant sod in his interviews. He keeps saying he has venkys full backing and shrugging off any calls for him to be sacked. Does he know something we dont?!?!

Do venkys have a plan that is beyond us?!?!

Do they want our relegation???

They would if Indian flags being burned inside Ewood during the Spurs game were beamed around the globe.

No doubt the Rao's would be hauled before the Indian government to explain.

What a stupid and idiotic comment. If any of our supporters do that then we deserve everything we get as that is the most disrespectful thing you can do to any nation, it is not the Indian people who are the problem remember. No place for that at Ewood or any football stadium at all.

The other problem is that people in and around her have their own agendas and are all telling her different things, she has clocked onto this and not listening to them. Protest/Kean out chants seem to have had little effect. This is truly a unique situation where fan preside seems to have very little impact on decision making process.

The problem is that Mrs D does not a football background and does not understand football and PL.

I think the players don't believe that Kean is good enough or as the tactical knowledge to change the game plan during the game.

Also why did Kean never go near the touchline on Saturday? He just didn't look interested enough for me and knew we were never good to win the game when the second goal when in.

If you look at Roberto Mancini, he was never away from the touchline and was always passing on instructions to his players during the game even when they were 3 nil up. Also he is worshipped by the Man City fans which Kean definitely is NOT by the Majority of Rovers fans.

Kamy, Who are they that people in and around her have their own agendas and are all telling her different things? Are any of these on the Rovers Board of Directors like Simon Hunt or Venny Rao or Deputy Chief Executive Paul Hunt??? IMO these are the people who Mrs D should be talking to about Kean Future?

Its taken me the whole weekend and today to get this latest debacle out of my system, I am so sore that our little scottish weasel has not had the nerve to resign or furthermore, the leaders f our club havent had the foresight to remove him from his managerial post.

Just what the hell is going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park ?

Fans are in uproar. The players are clearly leaderless and rudderless. Kean was conspicuous in his absnece in the techincal area all game and the soft lad even ran off down the tunnel (so I believe) at the end of what has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a team wearing my club colours.

Saturday so me leave a home game with almost 20 minutes to go for the first time ever - the only other time I have left so early was a collapse at Stoke when we were 3-0 down without even trying. To see the supporters having a go at each other in the JW Upper sort of demonstrated just how far our club has plunged. There was no atmosphere apart from the City fans wonderful backing of Mancini. I point this out because he has shown how to lead his club properly this week and he has gained respect from all of the football world. Kean on the other hand has gone the opposite way. He should take the lead of The Brolly Man and resign, his record is awful, he has not standign with Rovers fans and no standing within the game.

The vile and abusive chanting will only gain more volume, the vitriol spewed towards him with increase each and every day he remains in post.

What we saw was a team without purpose, a team who didnt know what to do, no back up plan, no motivation, no pride and a willingness to give in at the earliest opportunity. Why didnt Kean look at alternatives ? the game was crying out for a change, the team were crying out for help and all he could do was sit next to the dug out licking his lips and wiping his brow.

Kean you have been found wanting.

No-one has provided an email address for Mr Hunt, please post it if you have one because I urge every fan to email him with your honest and open views. Kean is nowhere near good enough to lead us out of this perilous position. the fans dont want him and I am certain the players dont want him .

I have lost patience with the person.

KEAN OUT

Also why did Kean never go near the touchline on Saturday? He just didn't look interested enough for me and knew we were never good to win the game when the second goal when in.

I thought that spoke volumes Chaddy.

One fleeting appearance in the second half saw him retreat at rapid speed, once the kean out chants started. On a day where the heat exhaustion must have been very tiring - and with the plan not working, he chose to stay out of the picture, didn't try to change anything at all, while the goals rained in. Neither did he use two of his subs.

He appears to me, to think more of himself, than he does of anyone else.

Sorry mum, but he is up himself.

Kean was conspicuous in his absnece in the techincal area all game and the soft lad even ran off down the tunnel (so I believe) at the end of what has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a team wearing my club colours.

That really riled me too, scared to move from the safety of the dugout throughout the match the coward, though I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see him acting like that.

Never in my 20 odd years going to Ewood have I known a manager so universally hated.

Things are absolutely desperate now, fans turning on each other left right and centre in the B'burn End on Sat and it's only gonna get worse if the venky boys don't sit up and take notice!

I have no doubt that Kean will crack providing we increase the pressure.

He strikes me as the kind of guy with little bottle (unless its alcohol) as evidenced by his cowardice on Saturday by not venturing into his technical area after being booed once.

I can see him losing it by, for example, flashing the v's to suuporters (allegedly already referred to us as morons) or even jumping in his car and driving off in a huff.

Who will crack first of the @rse lickers - Kean or Jasonn given that Jase is no longer playing (remember Whie Hart Lane) !!!

What planet is Shearer on:

But Shearer told BBC Sport: "He's [Kean] the same manager who was there last season and we are only seven or eight games in to the new one.

"You don't become a bad manager in that space of time."

He never has and never will be a good bloody manager!!!!!

If Mrs D is unwilling to act it is the height of incompetence...

The Pune 9 have a massive responsibility to give an un edited version of events... My view is this opportunity cannot be under estimated... This whole situation is depressing!!

Oh and Alan Shearer you were a tremendous striker but you wouldnt know good management if it hit you in the face!!

I think we are all so frustrated that our local club with traditional values is being slowly killed...

BBC Site got me exicted with their new story that start Kean re...

But apparently it's just a article from Shearer saying Kean "requires" more time. Don't where this media fascination with giving manager's more time comes from, in any other job where you are deemed not good enough or keep returning poor result you would simply get the sack be or told to leave. Why should it be any different with football managers?

Archived