BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

More time says Shearer....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15159530.stm

There aren't enough smilies to convey my feelings on such ill informed tripe.

More time my ass. When will people wake up, he has had almost a full season worth of games, 2 transfer windows and he inherited a team which was languishing in mid table safety.

The results are not good enough. The crazy promises when he was given the job have not even come close to being fulfilled.

I could go on but this is already taking up most of my life already. I am livid at how our club is heading at the moment. My day is spent in what is becoming an increasingly futile monotony of refreshing this and other football sites - in the vain hope that Steve Kean is relieved of his duties.

I am almost 40 but after my wife and kids, Rovers is one of the most important things in my life. I don't have any religious affiliation. Ewood Park is my church. Jack Walker was and is my God.

If I had ever been good enough to play for Rovers you would have seen me doing 10 laps of the pitch when I scored a goal. Alas my boyhood dream was never achieved but my hopes and dreams live on everytime I watch the blue and white halves cross that white line. (And being exiled here in the states seeing and hearing all this unfold is painful).

I digress, to my abject dismay Steve Kean still hasn't been sacked.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of respect for Andy Cryer but I think he is pandering to the people that are interviewing him at the moment. He says that Venkys haven't given him the support he needs and he feels sorry for him ?

I feel sorry for us fans who are still turning up week in week out to watch us lose.

I feel sorry for fans who are bickering between themselves, confused, angry fans that are completely divided.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He has been given an opportunity of a lifetime and unfortunately its not working for him. Ok we have sold Phil Jones but he has been given the money to spend on other players. Venkys have backed him to the hilt why can't people see that his record as a manager is awful.

Andy has absolutely slated the teams performance over the last 9 months, a team that Steve Kean has been in charge of and now he on twitter and the radio he is defending him ?

The bottom line is that the team are losing week in week out. Simple as that and despite all the crap that is going on the only person that can control the team is Kean. The buck stops with him as far as the results go.

He needs more time ?

Seriously are Rovers fans missing something here ? All I have read and heard all day is people slating the fans and backing the manager. Even Alan Nixon is defending Kean all the time. I can't get over all the support he is getting.

Actually there is someone that agrees with the fans and that is Henry Winter and to be honest if he thinks Kean should go then does it really matter what other journos think ?

Sick and tired of this. Its almost like we are poor little Rovers fans who should be honoured that we even have a manager.

Anyone listening to this? Collymore thinks Kean is a real manager in the making, the caller, Louis (I think), Blackburn fan, likes Kean's style of play

Yes, unbelivable!!!!!!!! I must be living in a parallel universe.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/10/03/blackburn-owners-to-be-told-staff-and-players-losing-confidence-in-kean-031002/?

Don't know if anyone has seen this, missed a few pages. Sorry if it has been posted.

It may be an article based on rubbish and they are waffling on, but it really wouldn't surprise any of us. Struggle to see how the players would still be behind the pleb.

Wow that was a biased load of ######. Apparently the protest was like a hate mob and steve Kean needs more time. How can we afford him more time ey collymore? Ya bellend.

Collymore would love clubs like ours to go down, that's why.

Shearer was a cracking player and I respect him for that....but he's not really in the best position to comment on management skills now is he?

Or was it that he just needed more time at Newcastle??

Anyone listening to this? Collymore thinks Kean is a real manager in the making, the caller, Louis (I think), Blackburn fan, likes Kean's style of play

I wonder who could pull such a stunt?

Likes his style of play? What? Losing? Its a right knees up at Ewood isn't it Louis, if that is your real name. Which it won't be.

It's all snide.

Exactly.

You remember his 'the clubs with the 20 biggest fanbases should only be in the PL'?

collymore a total outstanding chap who beats women and goes dogging in rural staffordshire...cant stand the guy before the wolves game end of last season he so wanted us to go down...

People who says Kean must be given more time, is people who obviously want us down. Because that is the only outcome of all this, and its pretty pretty obvious!

What indicates that Kean all of a sudden will start to win football matches?

Have I seen anything that might give me that kind of impression?

NO!

If I had seen something, I might be more positve to Kean and I would want to give him more time. But I dont, and we CANT give him more time.

Its so obvious its ridiculous!!

JEEEZ........

which is why i didnt listen to it because i knew they were going to talk crap, i used to love talksport with proper presenters, like tom watt, in fact i called into to the show a few times, spoke to tom, i even had a chat with big sam on there when he was in his bolton days, its utter garbage now.

They would if Indian flags being burned inside Ewood during the Spurs game were beamed around the globe.

No doubt the Rao's would be hauled before the Indian government to explain.

A very bad idea. I'm an American who is used to seeing his flag burned overseas. Rather than change my viewpoint, or the viewpoint of my peers, it only entrenches my view that we are dealing with savages who should be treated as such.

Insulting a person's God, country and family are three things one would do well to avoid, if your hope is to persuade as opposed to inviting further conflict.

Paul hunts email is phunt@rovers.co.uk

I emailed the nephew and got no response. Despite lacking hope it would make a difference, I sent the following to Mr. Hunt:

Mr. Hunt,

Steve Kean should be removed as manager of the Blackburn Rovers. He was not a successful manager when appointed and has not become once despite nearly 30 matches. He will relegate the club unless removed.

I have kept, or tried to keep, an open mind as to the intentions of our owners. I’m at the point of believing that they want the club relegated as that is the only reason I can see that a rational human being would keep him in his current position. He managed to steer us to survival last season not because of his own point tally, but the points accumulated by his predecessor, Sam Allardyce. This season his performance has been even worse. And his disrespect of anyone who expresses concern is astounding, as is his desperate search for ‘positives’ following not particularly positive performances which are, in my opinion, looking increasingly deluded.

I hope you will communicate my thoughts to the owners, which I believe are shared by many. Inaction will only increase the perception that they are either out of touch or, worse, uncaring as to the fate of the Blackburn Rovers.

Thank you,

Steve Moss

Mr's Desai wants to give Kean at least until we are cut away from the pack then a change of manager could take place! basically she wants us well and truly buggered before she will act....... Good God, I hope she realises then that not any manager will do in that circumstance we will need the likes of Sam or Hughes to get us out of the mess she will have put us in and can we trust her to make the correct decision then ??

The owners have not made one good decision since they came to the club.....I could'nt even get a frigging pie at Wolves :o , now we all want Kean out but do we trust he will be replaced with a proper manager with suitable relegation battle experience.

I think a lot of people want Kean out so much so we can have at least one experienced person at the club and to see if Venky's are capable of at least one good decision, I myself am not holding my breath and will be expecting a 20,000 strong unified facepalm moment.

Archived