BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Except Sam was deadly serious. This quote: "I've said a lot of things over the years that people laugh at and I find them very insulting for making a joke about it or laughing at how I could be a manager of any club, anywhere and deal with it" is from this interview (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/30/sam-allardyce-west-ham).

Kean talks as much rubbish as Sam did, but Sam at least had plenty of Premier League experience if nothing else.

Except he had plenty else, like arguably the best managerial record at small clubs since the premier league began. Sam could have come on TV and declared he was Supreme Emperor of the Large Magellanic Cloud after each match for all it would have mattered to his ability to manage Rovers. Fans complaining about Allardyce's interviews before this unholy mess is like a homeowner complaining about some suspect guttering before his house falls off a cliff.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does look odd with hair. It's like Patrick Stewart, but without the spaceship. Or ability in their role. And if Mrs Desai is standing firm over Kean, she and Venky's must go as soon as possible. How can such bungling be good for their reputation?

Mrs Desai is standing firm over Kean - made my eyes water, is our ChairLady really a lad in drag?

Just when you think there is nothing else you could possibly hate about Steve Kean, you find out he's ginger.

######.

Just when you think there is nothing on this thread that could possibly make you laugh :lol:

Still being told that Mrs D still is backing Kean, just can't see that situation changing unless there is a players revolt and that is not going to happen.

The other problem is that people in and around her have their own agendas and are all telling her different things, she has clocked onto this and not listening to them. Protest/Kean our chants seem to have had little effect. This is truly a unique situation where fan preside seems to have very little impact on decision making process.

• Backroom

Still being told that Mrs D still is backing Kean, just can't see that situation changing unless there is a players revolt and that is not going to happen.

The other problem is that people in and around her have their own agendas and are all telling her different things, she has clocked onto this and not listening to them. Protest/Kean our chants seem to have had little effect. This is truly a unique situation where fan preside seems to have very little impact on decision making process.

Then the protests must turn to Mrs Desai and Venky's.

What do you make of the Nick Harris article?

• Backroom

Only problem is how to protest against Venky's. "Venky's out" would be pointless because nobody else is going to buy us - we're stuck with them it seems.

Perhaps banners questioning Venky's decision making, attacking their policies, just generally showing our discontent at the horrific way they've destroyed this club would be best.

I was willing to give Mrs Desai and Venky's a chance, they seem to not want to reach out for the olive branch.

Absolutely gutted this man is still in charge of our club.

Think it is time for the Venky's out to start.

Will be sending emails shortly.

Venkys should now be the real focus of the protests, all their decisions have led to this situation and they must be held accountable (even more so than Kean).

Kean will be sacked by default if the pressure is turned up on Venkys.

Venkys should now be the real focus of the protests, all their decisions have led to this situation and they must be held accountable (even more so than Kean).

Kean will be sacked by default if the pressure is turned up on Venkys.

Agreed! The heat now needs turnintg up on Venkys. They clearly don't care what we think about Kean. They will, however, care what we think about them.

Only problem is how to protest against Venky's. "Venky's out" would be pointless because nobody else is going to buy us - we're stuck with them it seems.

Perhaps banners questioning Venky's decision making, attacking their policies, just generally showing our discontent at the horrific way they've destroyed this club would be best.

The last protest seemed to be given a fairly decent airing in the Asian market. As Kamy has already stated the dragging their name through the muck in their own backyard will make them set up and take notice. The media over there might not be all that bothered about us wanting Kean out but I'm fairly sure that banners ridiculing the Venkys brand will be picked up on and, (I know if it was me), ceased upon by their main competitors.

Does anybody know anything about their main competition over there who we could perhaps contact and get on side in attempt to shame them on a global stage?

Also, how about a simple banner in Hindi to carry even more of an impact? I don't have a clue if this is in anyway grammatically correct but according to Google

WE HATE VENKYS! = हम Venkys नफरत करता हूँ!

What do you make of the Nick Harris article?

Interesting article but not my impression that people within the club are prepared to ask Mrs D to sack Kean or that there is a imminent players revolt. Obviously if players do revolt then that changes picture dramatically, but don't think that this is going to happen.

Archived