BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Kean said. “I spoke with the owner [Anuradha Desai] first thing Saturday morning and she said that there were going to be people protesting and not to let it bother me and I won’t'' - Mummy the big boys are shouting at me blah blah blah blah

Kean link Telegraph

Kean said the players disapproved of the demonstrations against him. "They said in the dressing room that it was very unfair. I told them not to worry because I can take it. When we beat Arsenal I gave all the praise to them and when there's stick I will take it." I just do not believe that unless they were the ones who he says are HIS players

Kean link Guardian

This is the same man, our brave leader, who at the final whistle ran down the tunnel at the end of the Man City game

Watching Robinson appraoch the Blackburn end at the end of the match, I don't think he disapproved at all. He looked to me to be suggesting that he understood totally what it was all about.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean said. “I spoke with the owner [Anuradha Desai] first thing Saturday morning and she said that there were going to be people protesting and not to let it bother me and I won’t'' - Mummy the big boys are shouting at me blah blah blah blah

Kean link Telegraph

Kean said the players disapproved of the demonstrations against him. "They said in the dressing room that it was very unfair. I told them not to worry because I can take it. When we beat Arsenal I gave all the praise to them and when there's stick I will take it." I just do not believe that unless they were the ones who he says are HIS players

Kean link Guardian

This is the same man, our brave leader, who at the final whistle ran down the tunnel at the end of the Man City game

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-Rovers-manager-Steve-Kean-says-Venky-s-will-not-panic-when-he-meets-them-in-India-this-week-article807629.html

So the players get all the glory when we win but Kean takes the flack in the dressing room when we lose? Kind of explains some of the recent performances if the players never have to face the music. No successful experienced manager would ever operate this way.

The guy is an absolute coward to try and hide behind his players and the owners. "The players think it's unfair", "The owners back me to the hilt".

What are you ###### 10!?!?

All he needs to do is come out and say: we have not been good enough, losing even to Man City 4-0 is unacceptable, we must do better.

Instead he has to come up with excuses and try and hide behind the fact the owners and players back him. The fans and the club itself obviously don't matter. It's all about his ego and how many people love him.

Just give us some honesty FFS. Horrible little man.

Furthermore it is not acceptable for the the team to lose a game 4-0 at Home, and they should have their (Please don't use that word again) ups pointed out even in a 4-3 win against Arsenal. Not praised and sheltered from any critique. What kind of management is this???

The guy is an absolute coward to try and hide behind his players and the owners. "The players think it's unfair", "The owners back me to the hilt".

What are you ###### 10!?!?

All he needs to do is come out and say: we have not been good enough, losing even to Man City 4-0 is unacceptable, we must do better.

Instead he has to come up with excuses and try and hide behind the fact the owners and players back him. The fans and the club itself obviously don't matter. It's all about his ego and how many people love him.

Just give us some honesty FFS. Horrible little man.

seriously can anyone see him getting potted this wee - all we can do is hope , Venkys haven't got a clue hes just a puppet that does everything they say , comes out spouts more rubbish to the press than Chemical Ali did....can you see MON or any other manager being venkys puppet and working under that regime ???

I was going to post this in the Pune thread but didn't want to take it off topic from what is currently being discussed there.

Not wishing to tell any members going, especially members of the forum, what to do but how would you feel about actually protesting in India about Kean being manager if you currently feel he should go?

Just an idea I've had.

Kean link Telegraph

Kean link Guardian

These comments kinda confirm what I posted yesterday. Mrs D is backing Kean and until she changes her mind he is not getting sacked.

Kean link Telegraph

Kean link Guardian

Anybody else seen the photo of the weasel in the Paper edition of the Guardian? He is definitely and literally thumbing his nose at the fans. There is simply no other explanation. Utterly unbelievable.

These comments kinda confirm what I posted yesterday. Mrs D is backing Kean and until she changes her mind he is not getting sacked.

If this is the case then it's now time to turn the protests against Venky's and Mrs D in particular.

I have talked to Venky's PR this morning and can report that the owners were concerned about the performance and fan reaction yesterday BUT according to my contact Mrs D is not yet ready to sack Kean. Her thinking is that Rovers are part of a group of clubs who are within a couple of points of each other and therefore is willing to give Kean more time to get this right, she is the key decision maker and is not listening to any outside people after what happened with Kentaro/SEM.

It appears that the only person who could influence her decision is Paul Hunt, she trusts and values his opinion.

I told my contact to pass the message back up the line that by continuing to back Kean they are risking a full out fan revolt and some fans are just one step away from moving from Kean out to Venky's out.

So as not to appear sexist - A person living in India who has NO previous knowledge of running a football club in UK is now taking all key decisions on football matters..............well that is leading only one way............the person involved should stick to slaughtering young chickens and not to the slaughtering of Rovers.

You could not make this up and we have become a complete laughing stock.

Ms Deasi you should be ashamed of yourself - you will NEVER be forgiven if you get Rovers relagated when you could have at least have tried to do something about it. What's the problem - don't you care or are you just plain stupid.

I heard him on TalkSh*te radio yesterday claiming that we had been in far worse positions than this and that last season we were nailed on favourites to go down before he rescued us with seven positives results out of nine - I got so angry I almost smashed up my radio.

Oh yeah Steve just remind me at what point we were ever in the bottom 3 last season - in the words of the bard of Birkenhead Nigel Blackwell 'you're putting us on a train to Fib Central.'

We were only ever in danger of going down once this dimwit took over, last season!

Kamy, I'm pleased you passed on that last sentence in your post - that, now it's breaking point and if Venky's refuse to act...well, then the pressure must be passed onto them.

Not taking any action in a bad situation is often the worst thing you can do.

I heard him on TalkSh*te radio yesterday claiming that we had been in far worse positions than this and that last season we were nailed on favourites to go down before he rescued us with seven positives results out of nine - I got so angry I almost smashed up my radio.

Oh yeah Steve just remind me at what point we were ever in the bottom 3 last season - in the words of the bard of Birkenhead Nigel Blackwell 'you're putting us on a train to Fib Central.'

How thick is Mrs Desai?

Can she not see through this compulsive liar?

Just scanned the British press and Kean is dragging Mrs D down into the gutter with him.

I refuse to believe that the players are happy with Steve Kean. They may not express their true feelings in puplic or when they are with the team, but common.

Every player have some sort of ambition (specially Samba, Hoilett and so on), they want to be as high in the table as possible and some of them have been before.

Now, with Steve Kean in charge (my bloodpressure increases every time I write his name even, IM SO F**** TIRED OF HIM!!) we will never match any sort of ambition of any of our players, and they must surely know this. We know that with a decent manager, like Sam & Hughes we can really push on up the table and we have shown that for many years, and without a doubt that is what the players would want to happen. And its never ever going to happen with Steve Kean, everyone knows that (apart from the owners!!)

I think this is some of the reason why we are not playing good. The players OBVIOUSLY dont like playing for him.

Apart from Roberts ( :rolleyes: ) I cant say that Ive read any quotes of the players backing him and saying that he's our man and we can push on with him in charge. And if some players has backed him, it must have been 6 months ago or something!

Kean lacks SO many things when it comes to management. He has no dicipline, which is hugely important. The players needs to be afraid of loosing, but with Kean in charge, he just says its his fault bla blablah.

I f**** hate Steve Kean and the day he is sacked Im going to be over the moon with joy!!!!!

KEAN OUT!!!!

• Backroom

If Cryer is correct and Venky's are still planning to support Kean for the foreseeable future, the protests must turn against them. They're the root cause of the problem and if the fans turn to attack them as well as Kean it may force them to act.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to get the feeling they really don't give a toss what any of us think and will do whatever they want regardless.

If Cryer is correct and Venky's are still planning to support Kean for the foreseeable future, the protests must turn against them. They're the root cause of the problem and if the fans turn to attack them as well as Kean it may force them to act.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to get the feeling they really don't give a toss what any of us think and will do whatever they want regardless.

The asset strip is on course then

Of course Venky's have been instrumental in our demise and a major part of the problems experienced. But we are not allowed to criticise them are we? We could not find a new owner / buyer for years, they are inexperienced, they learn as they go along, they live a long way away, they like cricket, they are good at heart, who else could we get, they must be intelligent with a big business...etc, etc.

Let's have it right, they have been very poor indeed ever since they arrived and made a myriad of baffling and very silly decisions to date. The main one being hiring and sticking with Kean. Clearly they pay lip service only to the views of the fans and continue to have their own confusing agenda.

In my opinion, our fans have been hugely patient and supportive, even when seriously threatened with relegation last year. We were 90 minutes away from years of hardship and mediocrity. These owners should be very careful of irresponsibly dismissing the fans as they will get far more than they bargained for or expected if the fans unite against them.

The 'Give Kean More Time' crew may be right after all. There is something morbidly fascinating watching this manager blow the chance of a lifetime.

I don’t like the way Kean (clearly) continuously spins his comments on the situation.

The protest is against Kean, regarding his ‘management’ of the club. The reason why fans are not happy is simply because his overall record in charge is very, very poor – in fact, I am pretty sure (results wise), he might have the worst record of any BRFC manager ever.

These comments we hear in the media presumably must be the same drivel he feeds Venky’s – let’s stop the c**p please, you are showing our club a complete lack of respect.

Archived