BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A colleague of mine was told last Tuesday that John Jensen was to be sacked, Kean was to manage the Academy in India, and Martin o'Neil was to be appointed manager! Itook it to be a rumour, but with Jensen subsequently sacked who knows.

I really hope this is true.

Venky's are a joke, it's getting really tedious, Kean should have been sacked long ago and it's spoiling the club as a whole. How any owner can be happy with the direction we are going in and the atmosphere at the club is beyond me, Kean has lost all support of the fans and deservedly so.. that is huge. The sooner we get a good name manager in the better.

Please god.

Let's hope he doesn't see Forest as the more attractive option.

Martin O neil has turned Forest down 3 times in the past..the club are a joke behind the scenes ( sound familiar ) no money and big debts

In no way would I be disappointed if O'Neill took over (slight under statement) - though personally would prefer Hughes.

Does anyone else think that O'Neill is a little over-rated by the media ? Don't get me wrong I think he is a very good manager - but his tactics are more Allardyce than Wenger.

Either way - would be pleasantly surprised if he took over - the fact that he is media darling would without doubt help our image. With the current squad I would expect him to pull us fairly quickly away from the relegation zone - though nothing is certain.

could you really imagine kean being happy to be stripped of his rovers mangement seat and shunted off to india to work for some academy where football isnt even a popular sport??

I frankly don't care whether he's happy or not but he would be well paid and who else would employ him now? The only issue I'd worry about is how he'd operate there. Venkys are determined to develop Indian youngsters to play in the Premier League. I can imagine Kean telling them certain players are ready and Venkys insisting they get a game. Have to justify his position somehow wouldn't he?

thing is though ,dont know how he does it but he has all the pundits onside ,its crazy.Even kamara was saying he feels for him because hes a good manager!!!! how in chuffs name do these pundits come to their judgements?

STEVE KEAN GOES FOR A WALK... RESET POLL... WHY NOT? LIKE IT WILL MATTER... LIKE IT SHOULDDA MATTERED POST ARSENAL.

NO RETREAT FROM THE FIGHT AGAINST KEAN/VENKY'S NOW.

MY DISGUST AFTER YESTERDAYS CLAMPDOWN ON HOME FANS IN THE ONLY SUPPORTERS SECTION (laughably the JW) IS BURNING.

I DON'T CARE HOW LONG ANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN STOOD/SAT IN THE BBE... YOU DON'T SUPPORT... YOU SPECTATE!!!!!!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME???? WHEN IT COMES TO SUPPORTING!!!!!!!!!!!THE TEAM (however ######)... DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT'S HOW IT WAS... AND SHOULD BE???!!

WE ARE GOING DOWN... MAKE NO MISTAKE... COLLABORATE WITH THE CLUB ALL YOU WANT. THERE'S NO ONE LEFT WHO GIVES A ######.

• Backroom

We don't really need a new poll at this point. If people have changed their minds all they have to do is click "delete my vote" and vote the other way.

The "give him more time" crew are made up mostly of people who I've never seen post, a couple of trolls and the few remaining pro-Kean supporters on here. In a way I have more respect to them for sticking to their guns, than those who after a single away loss to Newcastle changed their vote from back to sack, and there were a lot of them.

I'd be interested to hear from those who do still want Kean to stay - though I imagine most are keeping their heads below the firing line, which is somewhat understandable.

thing is though ,dont know how he does it but he has all the pundits onside ,its crazy.Even kamara was saying he feels for him because hes a good manager!!!! how in chuffs name do these pundits come to their judgements?

S.E.M probably. God knows how many people in the media they have in their pockets.

I have talked to Venky's PR this morning and can report that the owners were concerned about the performance and fan reaction yesterday BUT according to my contact Mrs D is not yet ready to sack Kean. Her thinking is that Rovers are part of a group of clubs who are within a couple of points of each other and therefore is willing to give Kean more time to get this right, she is the key decision maker and is not listening to any outside people after what happened with Kentaro/SEM.

What makes her think she knows more about Rovers than thousands of fans who have been going for decades?

It's been excuse after excuse for eight months now.

They could do... however any person they're selling Rovers to would have to be willing to accept a club that is likely to lose them money and flounder in the lower leagues for some time, with a disenchanted fanbase, a threadbare squad and very little chance of expansion in any area. We wouldn't be an attractive proposition, even on a free. Somebody might take us on... but I'd be interested to know their reasons.

Let's just hope we aren't adrift by December or it might be the January Transfer Window that has the great sell-off...

Just a note of warning, Shteve McClaren is currently talking to the Forest board after what I think was another loss (haven't checked the score). If he became a free agent, I can see the chicken overlords making contacts.

As for Dechamps, I'd take him, either as a manager or a player!!

I'd take the wally with the brolly in a second over Kean.

Deschamps...yeah, in our dreams!

Kean said. “I spoke with the owner [Anuradha Desai] first thing Saturday morning and she said that there were going to be people protesting and not to let it bother me and I won’t'' - Mummy the big boys are shouting at me blah blah blah blah

Kean link Telegraph

Kean said the players disapproved of the demonstrations against him. "They said in the dressing room that it was very unfair. I told them not to worry because I can take it. When we beat Arsenal I gave all the praise to them and when there's stick I will take it." I just do not believe that unless they were the ones who he says are HIS players

Kean link Guardian

This is the same man, our brave leader, who at the final whistle ran down the tunnel at the end of the Man City game

Archived