BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been critical of The Trust, but at least they knew when to pull the trigger with Ince, as their investment was going down the crapper. From a business of chicken farming, Venky's don't seem very cut-throat when it comes to their manager.

Another woeful display from the Manager from the technical area, and more evidence he is out of his depth.

Never mind going to India, I think the whole trip should be cancelled. The work needs to be done here on the training ground to get this awful mess sorted out. Running around doing a Marketing PR exercise for Venky's in India is not going to help us improve our results.

This trip should never have been scheduled during the season, and if we pick injuries up during the exhibition match then we are going to live to regret it.

Below I have put some stats on Kean's Reign and added Sam Allardyces from last season.

Steve Kean's reign

LEAGUE

Played: 28

Won: 6

Drawn:8

Lost:14

Scored:32

Conceded:49

Clean Sheets:4

HOME

Played: 15

Won:4

Drawn:5

Lost:6

Scored:16

Conceded:20

Clean sheets:3

AWAY

Played: 13

Won:2

Drawn:3

Lost:8

Scored:16

Conceded:29

Clean sheets:1

CUP

Played :4

Won:3

Lost:1

Scored:8

Conceded:6

Clean Sheets:1

NOTE ALL THREE VICTORIES IN CUP HAVE BEEN AGAINST LOWER DIVISION OPPOSITION

*Just 5 clean sheets in 32 games.

*Not had a clean sheet for 12 Matches.

*Only picked up 24 points out of a possible 84

*Failed to find the net in 10 of Kean's 28 games

*Only won 2 matches were we have kept a clean sheet

*Home attendances down by 15%

*Longest unbeaten run 4 games

*Longest run without winning 10 games

*Rovers have not recorded back to back wins at all in the league under Kean

*Rovers won 4 of their last 7 fixtures under Sam Allardyce getting 12 points from 21 available this is 50% of Keans points total in his entire reign as Rover Manager. This included winning our last 3 home games under Sam and keeping 4 clean sheets in 15 games.

Sams record from last season

Played:17

Won:6

Lost:7

Drawn:4

Scored:22

Conceded:30

Clean Sheets:4

HOME

Played:8

Won:4

Drawn:2

Lost:2

For:11

Against:6

Clean sheets:4

AWAY

Played:9

Won:2

Drawn:5

Lost:2

For:11

Against:24

Clean Sheets:0

*Only failed to score twice

*Home defeats came against Arsenal and Chelsea.

*22 points from 51 Available

Finally of the 7 games we have played this season under Kean against the same 7 teams under Sam last season

Wolves Home: Kean Lost Sam Won

Eveton Home: Kean Lost Sam Won

Newcastle Away: Kean Lost Sam won

Villa Away: Kean Lost, Sam won Home fixture

Arsenal Home: Kean Won Sam Lost

Fulham Away: Kean Drew Sam drew Home fixture

Man City Home: Kean Lost Sam Drew Away fixture

Keans points 4 Sams Points 14

How am I the first person to give this a +1? This should be printed out and taken to the owners.

I'm starting to think there must be other forces at play here. I'm not usually that drawn to conspiracy theories but Kean must have some inside knowledge on some of the shady SEM/Jerome Anderson dealings that were going on that Venky's don't want to come out. It's the only way that we can logically explain the fact that Kean shows no sign of leaving.

I'm starting to think there must be other forces at play here. I'm not usually that drawn to conspiracy theories but Kean must have some inside knowledge on some of the shady SEM/Jerome Anderson dealings that were going on that Venky's don't want to come out. It's the only way that we can logically explain the fact that Kean shows no sign of leaving.

Possibly, but I think it's a combination of Mrs D's obvious liking for Kean and her total lack of football knowledge.

• Backroom

If Mrs Desai is going to wait until we're ADRIFT before making a change of manager she and her brothers are as much a threat to our survival as Kean is. It must be conveyed to them, one way or another, that by then it will be TOO LATE and their investment will be reduced to being WORTHLESS in the fizzy pop league.

If Mrs Desai is going to wait until we're ADRIFT before making a change of manager she and her brothers are as much a threat to our survival as Kean is. It must be conveyed to them, one way or another, that by then it will be TOO LATE and their investment will be reduced to being WORTHLESS in the fizzy pop league.

Not if they have a firesale of the likes of Samba, Dann, Robbo, Olsson etc. If they pocket the transfer money they still would have made a profit probably.

• Backroom

Not if they have a firesale of the likes of Samba, Dann, Robbo, Olsson etc. If they pocket the transfer money they still would have made a profit probably.

Perhaps so, but I'd like to see them try and sell Rovers when we're in the Championship with absolutely no prospect of success.

I had an early theory and Kean backed up a little when he said "managers are judged on the vlaue of their squad"

Long shot and WORSE CASE, that Venkys are signing players boasting their value and if we were relegated their could be a mass sale.

So Holliet 12 million (if signs in time)

Olsson 7 million Arsenal (or similar)

Robbo 7 million back to Spurs (or similar)

Samba 12 million to Arsenal

Goodwillie 2 million back to Rangers

Dann to Villa 5 million

Nzonzi to Sunderland 4 million

that 49 million pocketed from likely sales, plus still expecting 7 million from the Jones sale.

Put up a few loans in the clubs name, then look to sell the club at a reduced rate.

So Venkys don't need to rush because they can always asset strip if worse comes to worse and they know Kean will protect them no questions asked.

• Backroom

They can offload Rovers for a pound after pocketing the transfer money. They won't have made a significant loss and might have even made a small profit.

They could do... however any person they're selling Rovers to would have to be willing to accept a club that is likely to lose them money and flounder in the lower leagues for some time, with a disenchanted fanbase, a threadbare squad and very little chance of expansion in any area. We wouldn't be an attractive proposition, even on a free. Somebody might take us on... but I'd be interested to know their reasons.

The issue Venky's might have with selling players is that they won't go for the type of money they might expect. Dann was bought for £7.7m, if we get relegated (Dann's second relegation in two seasons) will we sell him for the same amount? I wouldn't have thought so. Difficult to say with the other players but relegation would cut their prices signigicantly because other clubs will know we want rid. I'm also not convicted even with those sales it would cover Venky's initial outlay + various payoffs of staff + general club running costs. Obviously depends on how much of "their" money they've put into the club and how much of it is borrowed or leveraged against the club's other assets... :(

She's also the one who said you can afford to make a few mistakes so long as you get 8 out of every 10 decisions right.

If only she had an 80% success rate on decisions at Rovers!

I would summarise her attitude as: "OK, so things are crap, but we're not *really* up the swannny yet. So, as it will cost money to sack him, and things aren't yet impossible, let's just hope for the best and save a little money for now."

If we do bin him with our clue adrift at the bottom, who the hell would want the job? It would be a thankless task given our squad.

guys ... heard rumour ... Didier Deschamps is being approached .... anyone heard same ??

:unsure:

Can't even see the guy being coinsidered.. unless we are doing that crazy round robin again and asking 100 managers are you available first lol

Archived