BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

He says the club *shall* be playing European football, but maybe not the Champions' League, but possibly the Europa League.

Is there any other football competitions barring the Champions' League and the Europa League? The Johnstone's Paint Simod Intertoto DAF trucks Full European Members Anglo-Scottish Cup, maybe?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time Kean opens his mouth, he alienates and antagonises the supporters even more.

He is the most devisive figure that I have ever come across in the history of Rovers.

We have supporters fighting one another, players having a go at the fans and generally all hell breaking loose.

The man, IMO, is an utter moron and whoever, if anybody, is advising him must be an even bigger moron.

He has brought the club and town into disrepute with both his managerial record and personal attitude and behaviour. Sad, sad times.

Sent Barry White this e-mail:

Dear Mr Rao,

If I may be a bit blunt and get to the point, I am a Blackburn Rovers fan who is frankly livid with the direction my club is going. Before your bought the club, Blackburn Rovers were a solid, unspectacular but consistent presence in the Premier League managed by a respected, if not liked manager in Sam Allardyce. His football may not have been loved by all, but he could get results that would ensure a comfortable place in the Premier League. By replacing him with Steve Kean, a man with no managerial experience at all was an unnecessary risk that has proven to be a disaster for the club, and yourselves. Since Kean took over, the team has gone from bad to worse, with results deteriorating at increasing speed and the standing of Blackburn Rovers plummeting amongst its peers. Before Steve Kean took over, the club was respected as a team that was well run by members of the board like John Williams, and on the pitch by Allardyce. Now, the club is being openly ridiculed as a chaotic, mismanaged and rudderless institution destined to implode. Relegation, something that seems inevitable with Steve Kean in charge, would cost the club approximately £50m, an amount of money I am sure you would not like to have to pay out if you avoid it.

My next point is about the protests after the Manchester City match. I would estimate the numbers were at least 500, and I would say they were the very vocal representation of the majority. You see, Blackburn Rovers fans are not the most vocal fans at voicing their displeasure when compared to some other clubs, so we must be angry to be moved to stage some sort of sit in whilst showing banners and suchlike. The vast, vast majority of fans detest Steve Kean, and see him as someone incapable of performing his current role. Indeed, some see his press conferences and his conduct during his recent trial as signs of flaws in his character. Many of us are so exacerbated by him and his inability to manage, views have become personalised in such a way. It is not just a few hundred fans who feel that Kean should go immediately, it is an overwhelming majority. And we are getting increasingly angry about the lack of decisive action in the face of what is obvious to anyone who follows football-that Kean should be relieved of his duties immediately and replaced by someone with experience and ability to steady this ship.

If things are allowed to continue as they are, then those fans who stay behind to demand Kean's removal will grow, and start calling for Venky's and the Rao family to leave too. This is starting to happen already on the internet message boards, as some are seeing your ownership as the root of the club's problems. Prompt action before we are adrift in the league table should remove the danger of the anger being directed at the owners. And I am sure that Venky's does not want to be remembered as the people that destroyed Blackburn Rovers football club. Your reputation in this country is heading in that direction unless Steve Kean is sacked, and a competent manager is installed and allowed to turn things around (See the links below).

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/laptv/the-big-question/blackburn-fans-are-tired-of-being-lied-to/

http://footballblog.co.uk/venkys-steve-kean-responsible-demise-blackburn-rovers.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8483894/Blackburns-chickens-coming-home-to-roost-as-Rovers-start-sinking-towards-the-relegation-zone.html (From April this year, and thus the last football season).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8800016/Worrying-times-for-Bolton-and-Blackburn-as-they-struggle-at-wrong-end-of-the-Premier-League.html

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9285975.Blackburn_Rovers_blog__Time_is_right_for_manager_change/?action=complain&cid=9716517

I hope the views expressed in this e-mail reach those who make these decisions and are taken on board before it is too late.

Yours Sincerely,

Billy castell

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried to find columnists who have called Venkys incompetent or bungling, but I my search engine skills are a bit rubbish.

If the Raos don't believe how unpopular this guy is then all they need to do is text every season ticket holder and ask the very simple question "do you want Kean as our football manager".

They have our numbers as I get 5 texts through virtually every cup match about tickets.

Also, unless the LT get on board, all Rovers supporters should boycott the paper. That would knacker their circulation !!!!!

They don't have my number - I lost my phone last week and haven't kept the number! However, they do have an email address for me. And most people don't buy the Telegraph - they read it on line.

"Probably at every ground, there are certain fans who are unhappy," he said. "There were times last year when we got positive results [such as] at the end of the season. As soon as we can get everyone back 100 percent and the new players integrated, things will be fine. I would like to make sure that whatever slight negative vibe there is pulls the team together. That’s why you can see the team spirit."

What team spirit? I havent seen a 100% committed team and hard-battling games in a long time bar Arsenal, but we cant keep living on a couple of decent perfomances. Everyone has that!

Coming home from work , having had a rough day with a lot of internal discussing and arguing. Coming home to this deluded and bullshit interwiev is a bloody smack in my face. If I could I would change a club to support just to be more happy about my love (football), but I know I can't and my passion will always be with the blue and whites, but this is like a horrible marriage where your wife humiliate, torture and nags at you all the time!

STFU Kean, stop spouting about unobtainable in the distant future targets and start talking about the current league position and what YOU are going to do about it. It is looking more and more likely that you are not getting the sack (much to mine and the vast majority's dismay).

We don't care one iota that we may or my not be challenging for Europe in four or five years (funny how the timeframe for European qualification has gotten longer after being initially promise it last season)!!!

We want an admission that our current performances and league position are totally unacceptable and we want something done about it.

Concentrating on developing youth talent is not the way to move us up the table, failure to learn from the many positives you talk about is not the way to move us up the table, saying we are going to play like Bayern Munich, then performing more like Brian May is not the way to move us up the table, all mouth and no trousers is not the way to move us up the table, dropping players that score the match before is not the way to move us up the table, blaming bad luck is not the way to move us up the table, highlighting that we spent more time in the oppositions penalty area is not the way to move up the table.

Quite simply we need to start competing for a full 90 minutes and looking like a team that has a plan, can score goals, defend a lead, create our own luck, score more than the opposition, win games, the failings need addressing or at least look like they are being addressed.

Stop disrespecting us fans, the groundswell of opinion against you gets bigger everytime you open your trap. You really aren't doing yourself any favours. We might not know the ins and outs of football management but we are educated enough to know when we are being patronised and know enough about football to know that this club has not been in such a poor state in decades.

I look forward to this astronomical rise up the table and for the sake of my team I really hope it happens. However, nothing you have said or done has ever come close to convincing me that you are the man to mastermind this apparent miracle.

If you do I will gladly hail you as the self appointed greatest manager in the world ever. Fortunately I don't ever in my lifetime see you pulling off these astounding feats of managerial genius. So I can sleep safely that I will never have to swallow that bitter pill of saying I was wrong to doubt you.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW!!!!!!!

No Steve, nobody did laugh at you suggesting Europe- as a club we last reached Europe in the 2007/2008 season, not exactly a lifetime ago.

It was the Champuons League that you hinted about on various ocassions and as we all know that is impossible without vast net spending. So, yes people laughed.

This season sees the likes of Birmingham, Fulham and Stoke in the Europa League, ergo it is not some pipedream that will provoke howls of derision.

As a club that has regulary reached cup semi finals and were sitting in 9th place in the league less than a year ago, getting BRFC into the Europa is not a mammoth task.

Now the club has spiralled out of control under your short tenure then yes, it does make me laugh.

If he's bot deliberately lying, I'm starting to think he just says whatever comes into his head at the time. That may be why he's constantly tripping himself up and re-writing history.

Someone really needs to put together a YouTube video of all his public comments and hang him with his own words. It's the only way to show him up for what he is.

Anyone??

I detest this buffoon more and more with each interview, every day that goes by.

It's as if he's saying these things just to wind us up.

I've never hated anyone as much! If he is still here for spurs game, regardless of QPR result, all hell is gonna break out down ewood!

It's getting ridiculous now, KEAN get the hell out of OUR club!

KEAN OUT!!!

"whatever slight negative vibe there is" Didn't sound like a slight negative vibe to me, Steve. Sounded to me like a lot of very angry people and there would have been a lot more if there hadn't been various reasons why some of us couldn't hang around. It was obviously strong enough to cause you to retreat to your dugout and not dare to venture pitchside ot make another sub.

Watching that interivew with Sky has got to be one of the most alarming things I have witnessed as a Rovers fan.

'it's not just about results, we can go and get more experienced players and win more games, but it will stop the young lads coming through'

I can honestly say I have never heard anything like it.

Watching that interivew with Sky has got to be one of the most alarming things I have witnessed as a Rovers fan.

'it's not just about results, we can go and get more experienced players and win more games, but it will stop the young lads coming through'

I can honestly say I have never heard anything like it.

Then why did he give new contracts to Salgado, Robinson and Nelsen?

It's his latest spin which will hypnotise our owners and keep him in a position to take us down to the Championship. I despise, really and truly despise the man with every waking moment.

Then why did he give new contracts to Salgado, Robinson and Nelsen?

It's his latest spin which will hypnotise our owners and keep him in a position to take us down to the Championship. I despise, really and truly despise the man with every waking moment.

why even try and understand it, the guys a loon.

I don't understand why protests are not forcing on the fact this guy is deluded.

DIS-CREDIT him,point out to the media we think he is deluded soon everyone will pick up on it.

At the moment he has too many media channels, there has to be a focus on making the press, Venkys aware he is DELUDED.

Today has been one of the most bizarre day's, same of the stuff Kean has come out with is at best deluded. It has further reinforced the belief that this guy is so out of his depth that it is almost unreal. Fans can see it, players can see it (despite the they say publically), the people working at Ewood can see it, heck even Balaji can see it BUT for some unknown reason the lady who prides herself on her "superb decision making" and "being in touch with the fans" cannot see it, she cannot see that she has put a village idiot incharge of the team and we are hurtling towards relegation and a whole host of problems that relegation will become.

But don't worry guys, today we have been told by Kean himself that it is wrong to judge him on results alone.

Footballing wise I have never been this frustrated, normally there is always something that we can do, but I am starting to believe now that whatever the fans/media say or do it will have NO IMPACT on Venky's decision making process.

Archived