BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

I'd have some respect on a personal level if Kean got the job less controversially, had the crap period up to the end of last season and resigned, saying "I am not up to it, but I would like to return to my former coaching role." Then you could say, OK he had a go, made a mess, but at least he owned up to it. I remember Ray Harford appearing on TV being interviewed around the time Kidd was cocking up and sending us down. He basically admitted he could not make the step up from Assistant manager, and was very honest and frank about what he did wrong whilst our manager. My opinion of him went up as he came across as an honourable and polite man.

Of course, you don't need me to say Kean has done the complete opposite of this.

The same with Ricky Sbragia at Sunderland. Made a promising start as caretaker manager, was promoted to the hotseat (with the player backing) before the wheels come off and he resigned after surviving relegation.

Kean doesn't have the sense or the dignity to resign. He's got it way too cushy, with the owners eating all the spiel he feeds them. However, he can only deflect the fan backlash for so long before something gives.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have some respect on a personal level if Kean got the job less controversially, had the crap period up to the end of last season and resigned, saying "I am not up to it, but I would like to return to my former coaching role." Then you could say, OK he had a go, made a mess, but at least he owned up to it. I remember Ray Harford appearing on TV being interviewed around the time Kidd was cocking up and sending us down. He basically admitted he could not make the step up from Assistant manager, and was very honest and frank about what he did wrong whilst our manager. My opinion of him went up as he came across as an honourable and polite man.

Of course, you don't need me to say Kean has done the complete opposite of this.

Yeah fully agree Billy. Rovers fans don't expect miracles and have been hugely patient with this joker.

What we do require however, is honesty, transparency, accuracy and a certain level of respect. Oh and decency as well. Not law breaking, lying and deceitful behaviour, especially from the figure head at the club.

This is Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Founder members of the football league.

Kean is not worthy.

if steve kean is still in charge come the next game at QPR, then he will never be sacked i think. The time is right now to get rid and employ a manager that knows how to manage a top flight club, he has had enough chances now and he keeps coming out with the same excuse after every game. Steve Kean = Relegation no doubt about it.

KEAN OUT

if steve kean is still in charge come the next game at QPR, then he will never be sacked i think. The time is right now to get rid and employ a manager that knows how to manage a top flight club, he has had enough chances now and he keeps coming out with the same excuse after every game. Steve Kean = Relegation no doubt about it.

KEAN OUT

Because you think Rovers will win?

Think it's the other way around : doesn't Balaji want answers whilst Mrs D thinks everything is ticketyboo.

That's my understanding of it aswell. don't think Balaji wants him as manager. I reckon wants a top manager in there for me. If we had a top manager in place then we would be able to attract a better quality players to the club than Kean ever will.

It will be interesting to see what is said to kean during his meeting with the owners and the meeting between the owners and the pune 9. Hopefully we the fans will get some good news ;)

That's my understanding of it aswell. don't think Balaji wants him as manager. I reckon wants a top manager in there for me. If we had a top manager in place then we would be able to attract a better quality players to the club than Kean ever will.

It will be interesting to see what is said to kean during his meeting with the owners and the meeting between the owners and the pune 9. Hopefully we the fans will get some good news ;)

Yeah that's bang on I reckon. I also think that Barry Bling would stump up some serious reddies for a top manager and a transfer kitty. On a side note who were them blonde kids having their picture taken with the squad and owners?? Tell me Kean hasn't taken his kids as human shields?!

The same with Ricky Sbragia at Sunderland. Made a promising start as caretaker manager, was promoted to the hotseat (with the player backing) before the wheels come off and he resigned after surviving relegation.

Kean doesn't have the sense or the dignity to resign. He's got it way too cushy, with the owners eating all the spiel he feeds them. However, he can only deflect the fan backlash for so long before something gives.

I do feel sorry for him on a personal level, don't get me wrong I want him gone. He probably really wants to be a football manager and managing in the premiership would be his dream job. it is hard for anyone to admit they aren't good enough

I can just hear his excuses lined up already.. seems he has been practicing of late. He will of course be slightly slippery and turn them back onto Venkys..

"You wanted to develop more youngsters, to give them time they need to get games but this will cost us in results while they settle in and develop"

"it takes time to introduce new tactics, and you wanted passing exciting football, so while the players get used to these new tactics performances will be very up and down"..

"You can't please fans by developing youngsters they only care about results and results will continue like this for a while until the kids progress but we will improve and surrvive this season.. they will soon come round once the kids settle and new tactics start working"

"Manchester United and Arsenal took years building teams of youngsters before they started winning championships"

naturally he will miss out important factors like:

kids need experience around them and we have none beyond defence

that losses will impact on young players confidence

that teams only introduce a few youngsters at a time for many reasons

that the new tactics only really work with top level players and of course he has not exactly splashed out on these

Manchester and Arsenal spent big on the best up and coming youngsters and mixed them with top experienced players

etc etc etc

As for Balaji isn't he still fast friends with JA and co (pictured with him after we apparently broke ties and confirmed as friends by Nicko and co).. wasn't he the one who agreed to the deals with SEM/Kentaro before Mrs D stepped in.. wasn't Mrs D the one quoted in regards to excessive agent fees and wasn't she the one who got rid of JA (even canceling any deal they may of been involved in).. isn't he the one Kean was jesturing to after the Arsenal match.. If anything if he is still friends with them then he would be the one for more for giving Kean time.

i heard from someone at work today, who knows a person who works at the club that they are going to demote kean to assistant manager and bring in a new manager.

I just want Kean gone from our club asap. I just can't see the new manager being happy having Kean at rovers, incase he talks to the owners behind the new manager back.

Anyway Kamy has put this on twitter about 2 hours ago or so;

" she listens to Paul Hunt which is good as he gives very sensible advice, less good is that she listens to a certain PR person."

I would imagine that Paul Agnew is this guy then.

A few months ago I wouldn't have minded Kean staying on in some capacity to work under a proper manager but I think things have gone too far for that now, He is too closely associated with the fans' protests and the abject failure on the pitch for anyone to want to keep him on. he would be like a ghost at a birthday party. Clean break needed.

Even from thousands of miles away he can embarrass us with his ridiculous predictions of future triumphs. He should be concentrating on the present instead of going on about what we are going to be doing in 3 or 4 years time because if we are going to be successful it will be without him.

Why doesn't he ever shut up about European football? Any manager with the smallest inkling of common sense would say "it's silly to talk about Europe at the moment - first we need to work on getting up the table with some hard-earned results."

Nobody wants to hear about getting into Europe in 4/5 years time when we're staring at the abyss of the Championship. It's nonsensical to even mention it.

Hear hear.

Venky On Kean and Talks

The worst possible outcome that anyone could really have hoped for. It has become just total frustration. I just don't see how they don't realise that if they remain on this course the club will be a worthless shell of no use to anyone.

I just still don't get what they see in Kean. He has won 1 game in 7 this season in the PL.

Why is he still here for??? it is totally unbelieve that this fool is still here.

Under Kean we are heading for the championship!!!

Venky On Kean and Talks

The worst possible outcome that anyone could really have hoped for. It has become just total frustration. I just don't see how they don't realise that if they remain on this course the club will be a worthless shell of no use to anyone.

I'm done with these cretins. He's not going anywhere. We're screwed. Its like the more noise we make the less they listen. He's here for the duration and we are just going to have to get used to the grinning idiot. How on earth is he blagging this?

Archived