BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Today has been one of the most bizarre day's, same of the stuff Kean has come out with is at best deluded. It has further reinforced the belief that this guy is so out of his depth that it is almost unreal. Fans can see it, players can see it (despite the they say publically), the people working at Ewood can see it, heck even Balaji can see it BUT for some unknown reason the lady who prides herself on her "superb decision making" and "being in touch with the fans" cannot see it, she cannot see that she has put a village idiot incharge of the team and we are hurtling towards relegation and a whole host of problems that relegation will become.

But don't worry guys, today we have been told by Kean himself that it is wrong to judge him on results alone.

Footballing wise I have never been this frustrated, normally there is always something that we can do, but I am starting to believe now that whatever the fans/media say or do it will have NO IMPACT on Venky's decision making process.

Surely the time is coming for fans to vote with their feet, Nothing else has had the desired affect.

How do you convince owners to sack a manager for not getting results when he is not judged by them?? We really should'nt have to convince them it's their money there wasting or is it?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today has been one of the most bizarre day's, same of the stuff Kean has come out with is at best deluded. It has further reinforced the belief that this guy is so out of his depth that it is almost unreal. Fans can see it, players can see it (despite the they say publically), the people working at Ewood can see it, heck even Balaji can see it BUT for some unknown reason the lady who prides herself on her "superb decision making" and "being in touch with the fans" cannot see it, she cannot see that she has put a village idiot incharge of the team and we are hurtling towards relegation and a whole host of problems that relegation will become.

But don't worry guys, today we have been told by Kean himself that it is wrong to judge him on results alone.

Footballing wise I have never been this frustrated, normally there is always something that we can do, but I am starting to believe now that whatever the fans/media say or do it will have NO IMPACT on Venky's decision making process.

Maybe Mrs.Desai isnt the boss of Brfc but Jerome Anderson IS !

Maybe Mrs.Desai isnt the boss of Brfc but Jerome Anderson IS !

I have been thinking along those lines for ages now, hence it seems so important why Kean remains in a job because he is the biggest yes man the prem league has ever seen.

Also all the talk of the players being worth more and the fact they want to develop all the youth, the line about results not being as important as developing youth is massive tbh, every manager is judged on results if ours isnt its no wonder why we are in the bottom three.

Unfortunately when Uncle Jack had a similar position with Woy "future England Manager" Hodgson he made the wrong decision and appointed Kiddo. We were left with the rubber dinghy boys and only helped by our 3 home grown 'Gems" - the now discredited Dunny,the very rich Damian and the poor motor-cyclist Matty.

Some of you have very poor or distorted memories.

Jansen was home grown? I guess in the same way that Phil Jones is a product of Old Trafford's youth set-up...

I have been thinking along those lines for ages now, hence it seems so important why Kean remains in a job because he is the biggest yes man the prem league has ever seen.

Also all the talk of the players being worth more and the fact they want to develop all the youth, the line about results not being as important as developing youth is massive tbh, every manager is judged on results if ours isnt its no wonder why we are in the bottom three.

Yes, its when he Kean talks about player values and young players which causes concern and raises eyebrows.

Unfortunately when Uncle Jack had a similar position with Woy "future England Manager" Hodgson he made the wrong decision and appointed Kiddo. We were left with the rubber dinghy boys and only helped by our 3 home grown 'Gems" - the now discredited Dunny,the very rich Damian and the poor motor-cyclist Matty.

Oh right! We'd better stick with Kean then! :wacko:

Kidd was a No. 2 turned bumbling manager.

Ring any bells?

Watching that interivew with Sky has got to be one of the most alarming things I have witnessed as a Rovers fan.

'it's not just about results, we can go and get more experienced players and win more games, but it will stop the young lads coming through'

I can honestly say I have never heard anything like it.

If this comment by Kean had not got sutch serious implications for the club and create so mutch sadness for the fans,

it really would be very very funny.

Kean you are a total and utter idiot,beyond belief.

I really do hang my head when Kamy posts something like this :(

What the hell was the point in the Pune9 trip then.. I really dispair at the antics of Kean and Venkys...

I have been extremely busy in my spare time last couple of months, but I think I'll take some time to send off a couple of emails to various places to try and drum up interest in the shambles happening within the club right now. Maybe we can get some more stories happening globally.

There's actually someone in India I know and could contact to potentially have some effect on Venky's, mainly due to his high standing in that region in particular. However, although he watches football, I doubt he'd care that much about what's going on at Rovers right now and it would be a bit awkward asking him, especially given I'm not in a position to request favours from him right now.

What would I say to him to get him to do something and not sound like an idiot in the process?

Im usually fuming when I miss a game but recently I havent been bothered at all! Even when Ince was in charge, the club was still the club.

The team were performing poorly but you almost felt we'd get out of it due to JW etc behind the scenes, this time its different.

The team is now managed by vermin, and I hate everything about him.....he is his own biggest fan and knows he has Venkys wrapped round his little finger!

KEAN OUT for the sake of OUR club,it means nothing to him apart from a (undeserved) wage packet!

RANT OVER (until tomorrow) :D

I have been extremely busy in my spare time last couple of months, but I think I'll take some time to send off a couple of emails to various places to try and drum up interest in the shambles happening within the club right now. Maybe we can get some more stories happening globally.

There's actually someone in India I know and could contact to potentially have some effect on Venky's, mainly due to his high standing in that region in particular. However, although he watches football, I doubt he'd care that much about what's going on at Rovers right now and it would be a bit awkward asking him, especially given I'm not in a position to request favours from him right now.

What would I say to him to get him to do something and not sound like an idiot in the process?

If he is Indian, you might appeal to national pride and point out that Venkys are hardly covering themselves with glory due to their mismanagement of the Rovers.

If he is a football fan, you might point out that whatever allegedly strange deals have gone on between Andersen, Kean, Venkys and Kentaro, etc. will poison football if allowed to succeed.

If you are business associates or social acquaintances, you could bring up either in casual conversation that Kean has been a disaster and how Venkys are losing the fans, without asking for a favor or asking him to pass on the message or even lingering too long on the point. People are natural gossips and word might wind its way to the Raos.

Guys, really interested to know if anyone has actually met Steve Kean in person.....................and what he was like / what you thought of him ?

I think he needs to be removed as manager so don`t get me wrong, but I do feel a little sorry for him as a person with the abuse he is getting as at the end of the day he is person like all of us, Rovers aside. I think the abuse for being a manger is justified, but away from rovers and drink driving, he is just a normal bloke and some of the abuse is really personnel - not slating anyone in particular or saying people aren`t entitled to their opinions, but was just curious as to my first questions, what is he like as a person away from football and Rovers

I have met him a couple of years ago whilst he was at Coventry – was more than nice to me and talked with him for a while.

Friend of mine was with him in the lounge at QPR a couple of weeks back (Kean was there with his son).

Just seen this on Kamy's twitter feed...

there have been some changes to her stance over last 24 hours, can't say anymore at this stage! Things looking little better.

I think that one senior figure has been talking to her in a frank manner.

Can you tell us anymore Kamy ?

Kean's recent interviews show that he's playing a very, very clever game.

At a time when different personalities involved in football and once again talking about the importance of giving young British managers a chance to cut their teeth and how important it is to invest in young players and help them through, listen to Kean's interviews and what are the two things that are emphasised very clearly? You got it, him being a young British manager and how he is trying to bring a crop of young and exciting players through!

He's deliberately creating a protective shield around himself and, very clearly, manipulating the owners. He knows full well that if the owners give him the boot, they will come in for all kinds of stick for not supporting a manager that is 1) young and British and 2) believes in youth.

On that basis, Kean is rapidly becoming untouchable.

Archived