BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Balaji Rao has told supporters there is no reason to worry after pledging his full support behind “brilliant” manager Steve Kean.

Ahead of today’s inaugural India Trophy game between Rovers and Pune, Rao dismissed those calling for Kean’s head as “just a few” and insisted Venky’s were happy with the club’s progress.

LT

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balaji Rao has told supporters there is no reason to worry after pledging his full support behind “brilliant” manager Steve Kean.

Ahead of today’s inaugural India Trophy game between Rovers and Pune, Rao dismissed those calling for Kean’s head as “just a few” and insisted Venky’s were happy with the club’s progress.

LT

I would recommended not reading this if you have a heart condition.

Balaji in LT: Kean a brilliant manager, just a few fans calling for Kean's head, he's positive at way things are going.

Well done to LT and Andy Cryer for going to town on Venky's, the 'Unbelievable' headline us exactly how fans will be feeling after reading the quotes.

I personally feel that Balaji has said what he did on the advice of a certain PR person who is firmly behind Kean.

here is the full article in the Lanacshire Telegraph

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9293974.Venky_s_tell_Blackburn_Rovers_fans__We_ve_got_no_worries/

LT

Not just the baffling "brilliant manager" line, but also this: "we are very positive about the way the team is performing and the way it is going."

Up until now the vast majority of frustration has been directed at Kean, with most perhaps being sympathetic towards Venky's due to their lack of football knowledge.

However, this week has seen that ire slowly shift towards Venky's, and I think that is the article that will firmly make people turn against them.

It's a complete insult to every single supporter. The collective experience amongst fans is almost uncountable. We know a team in desperate trouble when we see one, and we know when a manager is incapable of producing results.

I really don't know what to say. I don't think anything in football has ever brought as much frustration to my body as this.

LT

I'm absolutely stunned after reading that, ok he's not going to slag Kean off, but the tone of the piece is ridiculous.

He reminds me very much of comical Ali from the Iraq conflict.

WAKE UP MAN, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE :angry2:

Look at the contrast between Wilcox & Gallagher's comments:

Wilcox - “I can understand the owners want to show their support of the manager but there does have to be a reality check.

“The comment that concerns me is that they are positive about the way the team is performing and the way things are going. The situation is dire at the moment."

Gallagher - “The owner is showing his support for the manager and that is what he should do. Maybe he should not have said it was just a few calling for the manager’s head though.”

Would FRIGHTENING be the wrong word to describe the future under Venky's?

No.It's one of many that could be used.

I'm worried it will all end in my disassociation with the club, that would end over 100 years of my family following the Rovers and almost 50 myself.

It begs the question wether they care what happens in this country. They paid so little for our club, that when you consider the assets the club has they wouldnt lose that much if we are relegated.

Now if they have grand plans to use us in india to generate cash in some way then maybe what happens over here isnt that important in their grand plan.

Maybe Im clutching at straws, but I really struggle to find any logical explanation for the level of stupidity they are showing towards matters over here at our club

You know what, I think protesting against Kean was where the fans went wrong. If anything, all it's done is cause Venky's to sympathize with their blue-eyed boy and back him to the hilt. What if the fans turned on Venky's en masse? That would absolutely ruin their image back home and pressure them into making a scapegoat of the manager. Let's see what happens when they're n the receiving end and not their great white dope.

Look at the contrast between Wilcox & Gallagher's comments:

Wilcox - “I can understand the owners want to show their support of the manager but there does have to be a reality check.

“The comment that concerns me is that they are positive about the way the team is performing and the way things are going. The situation is dire at the moment."

Gallagher - “The owner is showing his support for the manager and that is what he should do. Maybe he should not have said it was just a few calling for the manager’s head though.”

It'd be interesting to find out who Gallacher's agent is...

My view is that even if by some miracle we managed to turn our form around I don't think I could ever back him. He's such a divisive figure both on and off the pitch and so much has gone on that he can't be backed no matter how well he does from now on.

Out of curiosity am I the only person who has this viewpoint? What is the general consensus in the fanbase? Is his tenure damaged beyond repair?

I haven't seen enough of him to accurately make an assessment, but the sheer vitriol from a number of fans makes him hard to like - but also the constant building up of him from the owners makes me think they're trying to calm his bruised and battered ego and therefore I don't think I'm going to like/trust/care much for him one bit.

If what Steve Kean has achieved at Rovers to date makes him a brilliant manager then we must all just plainly be stupid - I'd have for more respect for the guy if he 1) told the owners to stop defending him 2) came out and said that whilst he has the job things will be done his way and 3) actually gave an honest assessment of his tenure at Rovers so far

But none of that's going to happen, so just sit back and see what comes next!

It all just seems like a really sick joke.

Will they really sack him if results keep getting worse? They'd have to do a massive U-turn.

So what are you saying, Jeremy Beadle is going to leap out from behind the scenes at a presser at some point leading Big Sam (Mark Hughes, Martin O'Neil, etc, etc) by the hand shouting "Gotcha!"

Oh no wait....

Even by Venky's very high standards for disasterous comments to the press, what Balaji has said today is literally took my breath away, due to it's sheer stupidity.

I am very sure that Balaji made these comments after being briefed by a PR person who for the timebeing shall remain unamed (but most of you can guess who it is), this person was also largely responsible for the Steve Kean interviews after the Arsenal game and also for getting Dunny to talk to the LT on Monday.

However, it is totally the fault of Balaji for listening to advisors and NOT looking at bigger picture. The game on Saturday proved that the MAJORITY of fans want Kean out, so to even suggest that it is a few people it simply stupid.

I honestly do not know where we go from here, we have owners who on the one hand say the are listening to fans but then come out and completely contradict that a few days later.

I have tried to remain neutral through the last year or so, and having seen some of the plans that Venky's have I think that they can take the club forward BUT they are so far out of their depth that it is unreal and listening to the wrong people and acting on the wrong. While they continue to do this any protests etc are just not going to work, but Venky's are now starting to alienate a large number of fans against their ownership.

As I sit here the future looks pretty bleak because the owners are failing to take the right decisions, listening to the wrong people (who have their own agendas) and this resulting in the club slipping towards relegation and becoming a disorganised mess behind the scenes.

So this morning it is official:

We are owned by lunatics or asset strippers and nothing inbetween.

I remember when I was told that Venkys were taking over, it was with these words:

"Seems a bit odd this, the Trustees haven't even met with the guys that will be running it."

I can't know for sure whether that is true or not, but if so...I hope they are enjoying the money they have through abandoning their Father's great love.

Shame.

Archived