BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly OT but is Cryer a Rovers fan? I know he covers us all the time but genuinely no idea who he follows.

He certainly isn't a rovers fan, not to sure if he supports west brom or at least I think he originates from that area.

Thing is with Dunny he should well remember those dark days in the championship. Saying that I've only briefly met the guy a couple of times and I've always come away with the impression that his head contains not much more than a hamster in a wheel going round and round and round...

Dunn appears to be endorsing the new regime and implying that everything is rosy in the camp.

Current form and league position would indicate that everything is anything but rosy.

Not many of us take any pleasure in voicing our disapproval of the manager but he has to be judged on results and they are just not good enough.

Maybe Dunny knows something we don't and we are about to go on a 20 match unbeaten run that will see us in the top 6

He certainly isn't a rovers fan, not to sure if he supports west brom or at least I think he originates from that area.

oh ok, I was surprised when heard his voice was southern, but still thought he supported Blackburn, doesn't sound like he is from West Brom either.

I had to read the article twice just to get my head around what he had or allegedly has said.

GET REAL, WE ARE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION !!

Where is he coming from ? We are heading down to the The Chumpionship and are sinking without trace and very rapidly at that !

Dunny needs to rethink or come out and actually say what he said rather than hiding behind a potential misquote.

I am shocked to read what he has said.

He has lost a lot of respect from Rovers fans and should keep his mouth firmly shut.

You read it twice did you, 1864? And you still think he was telling the fans to get real about the protests? And that he said we are heading in the right direction?

Ok, I'll interpret for you.

He said: "I had a reality check on Saturday when I looked at City and one of the players on their bench cost more than our owners paid for our club.

"Put it like that and maybe we need to get real.”

This was meaning that we as fans need to be realistic in our expectations when playing clubs with billions to spend. I agree his comments are badly timed and clumsy but he wasn't slagging off the fans, just asking for a reality check.

He also said: "Let people outside our club be negative but we can’t afford our own fans to be negative. We all have to be on the same page and going in the right direction"

That is not saying he thinks we are going in the right direction. It is obvious reading it once, never mind twice.

As I sad earlier, he has been clumsy, misguided and slightly stitched up by the 'Get real' headline.

I never thought I'd say this but I really must question the motivation of so many board members queuing up to give Dunny the kind of abuse currently being thrown at Kean.

What's your agenda, he really doesn't deserve the hate and vitriol?

He is saying he thinks the match day protests and booing, in his opinion, are not the way to save the club. He hasn't been personal about the fans, apart from saying he would be sat in the BB End if he wasn't playing!

Again, he has been clumsy and misinformed, and he was wrong to do this at a time of deep frustration amongst the fans, but he appears to be a scapegoat for all the ills of the club.

I keep trying to ignore the abuse but I feel someone must make a stand in support of one of our favourite sons.

If this translates to a reaction when he next plays I think it is unforgivable.

Leave him alone and find someone more deserving to destroy.

You read it twice did you, 1864? And you still think he was telling the fans to get real about the protests? And that he said we are heading in the right direction?

Ok, I'll interpret for you.

He said: "I had a reality check on Saturday when I looked at City and one of the players on their bench cost more than our owners paid for our club.

"Put it like that and maybe we need to get real.”

This was meaning that we as fans need to be realistic in our expectations when playing clubs with billions to spend. I agree his comments are badly timed and clumsy but he wasn't slagging off the fans, just asking for a reality check.

He also said: "Let people outside our club be negative but we can’t afford our own fans to be negative. We all have to be on the same page and going in the right direction"

That is not saying he thinks we are going in the right direction. It is obvious reading it once, never mind twice.

As I sad earlier, he has been clumsy, misguided and slightly stitched up by the 'Get real' headline.

I never thought I'd say this but I really must question the motivation of so many board members queuing up to give Dunny the kind of abuse currently being thrown at Kean.

What's your agenda, he really doesn't deserve the hate and vitriol?

He is saying he thinks the match day protests and booing, in his opinion, are not the way to save the club. He hasn't been personal about the fans, apart from saying he would be sat in the BB End if he wasn't playing!

Again, he has been clumsy and misinformed, and he was wrong to do this at a time of deep frustration amongst the fans, but he appears to be a scapegoat for all the ills of the club.

I keep trying to ignore the abuse but I feel someone must make a stand in support of one of our favourite sons.

If this translates to a reaction when he next plays I think it is unforgivable.

Leave him alone and find someone more deserving to destroy.

Spot on, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. And he is 100% correct about Andrews' treatment.

Dunny is spot on regarding Keith Andrews, the lad gave 110% every time he pulled the shirt on, the people booing him should be ashamed of themselves.

On the fans reactions, he needs to understand that as supporters we’ve been more than patient with the manager/owners, plenty of other clubs supporters wouldn’t have been so understanding.

Its all well and good working hard on the training ground, but if the manager is clueless, and he clearly is from a tactical and team setup point of view, you’re never going to make a fist of it.

We pay heard earned money to support this football club, we have the right to voice our opinions in the only way we know how.

Kean out, and you go with him Dunn if you don't like it :angry2:

Its great for them to work so hard on the training ground, yet when we roll up to watch them the opposition are always working even harder to roll them over, game after game after game.

We cant keep witnessing this week in week out without showing some kind of dissatisfaction towards them can we. Dunn needs to take note.

....just to be 100% clear, I do not agree with Dunny's comments, he is wrong to criticise the fans at this time, but he is entitled to his opinion.

I regret his timing and naivety but responding like he has burned his shirt or converted to claret is a hysterical over-reaction.....

....just to be 100% clear, I do not agree with Dunny's comments, he is wrong to criticise the fans at this time, but he is entitled to his opinion.

I regret his timing and naivety but responding like he has burned his shirt or converted to claret is a hysterical over-reaction.....

He has a right to think what he likes, not to say what he likes.

He has a responsibility to the fans as well as the club. He's let himself down big time.

:angry2:

Another line he said later on….

"Let people outside our club be negative but we cant afford ouw own fans to be negative. We all have the be on the same page and going in the right direction.

On that subject, Keith Andrews is a top pro, works hard a good lad around the place and sometimes these are the people you need around the club at these times.

He was hounded out the club, which was embarrassing".

Seriously Dunn - keep your mouth shut.....'going in the right direction'???? The fans are embarrassing??? Idiot!

A lot of you are embarrassing, and if I'm being honest we have terrible support and we deserve nothing, we were handed a leg up by Jack that 'we' as fans never earned.

We are practically silent on the ground unless we've scored, or we are turning on our players for little reason other than to make ourselves feel better (Wilcox, Davies, Pedersen, Andrews etc).

I'm gradually shifting from giving Kean some time to also wanting him out so its not about that. But we do have a fair number of idiotic fans who can't read and don't realise how embarrassing their behaviour can be

A lot of you are embarrassing, and if I'm being honest we have terrible support and we deserve nothing, we were handed a leg up by Jack that 'we' as fans never earned.

We are practically silent on the ground unless we've scored, or we are turning on our players for little reason other than to make ourselves feel better (Wilcox, Davies, Pedersen, Andrews etc).

I'm gradually shifting from giving Kean some time to also wanting him out so its not about that. But we do have a fair number of idiotic fans who can't read and don't realise how embarrassing their behaviour can be

No worse than the majority of fans in the league.

And the Darwen End sing all game you'll find :P

Why not p1ss off and support everything else if we are so terrible and don't deserve success?

R.I.P Dunny, you idiot!!!

No worse than the majority of fans in the league.

And the Darwen End sing all game you'll find :P

Why not p1ss off and support everything else if we are so terrible and don't deserve success?

Sambo you talk utter **** mate!!

As for the increasingly childish insults being meated out to Dunn, as one or two people have said, he's talking about his boss! If your boss was **** but you loved your job, don't you think its likely you'd stick up for him anyway? Take what he says in public as a pinch of salt and don't get so worked up because players aren't joining in with the protest. They're in a totally different situation to the fans and their contribution is irrelevant anyway.

Any boss who expected me to sacrifice my personal integrity would not be my boss for much longer. Of course, very few footballers have any sort of personal integrity. Apparently integrity is something quickly sacrificed when a supposed star player signs a large contract.

:rover: what do you want dunny to say,how many of you would slag your boss off in the local paper,the andrews stuff is very true and at this moment in time he would walk into our team.the problem with this site is, if your opinion is not the same as the majority your ridiculed.jesus posters on here were slagging fans of for not singing KEAN OUT,if every one followed the sheep this world would be a ###### poor place :blush::brfc:

What part of Kean's record, tactics, formations, changing line-ups, confusing substitutions, arrogant attitude and complete disregard for the fans is making your shift in opinion so gradual - and what will it take for you to be converted? (and that's without going into his conviction, lies and disregard for the Police and Courts).

If we beat QPR, for instance, does he get a bye against Spurs and another 2 or 3 games?

We need to start beating the poorer teams and some mid-table ones, and getting a few draws against the bigger clubs, and, given the dismal start, that might not be enough.

My worry is that it's starring to look like a tall order for an experienced manager with a proven track records. It's a going to take a massive turnaround in fortunes for a relative novice. Ironic that the best man for this situation by miles was recently sacked by our novice owners!!

After years of neglect, we were expecting a buyout to involve the injection of some much needed cash and improvements to the team. At the very least cement our mid-table position. Yet we have seen a monumental decline not seen since 1997-99 - it's just been quicker this time around.

Is it any wonder people's frustrations are boiling over? Dunny's patronising comments are just adding fuel to the flames...

Dunn didn't have to say anything, that the point. He's paid to be a footballer not a reporter or pundit.

The heading in the right direction line is the straw that broke the camels back with the vast majority because it's clear to see from almost every game this season that Kean is being out thought by the opposition dugout. Coming out with such crap after one win in seven is a joke, he's making the fans out to be idiots. If he doesn't have the balls to stand up for the fans and more importantly the good of the club in it's current hour of need then he's no better than Kean in my eyes.

Archived