BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand and share the frustrations exemplified herein. I cannot see a future under Kean as things stand.

However, insofar as Mr Dunn is concerned, he is likely trying to be optimistic and/or show some solidarity for the sake of the team. He could not realistically publicly chastise Kean at this point in time, whatever his personal view may be. He may also have positives to draw from what he sees behind the scenes, rightly or wrongly.

The bottom line is that when fit he has great ability. He has given the club much, for great reward I might add, but to now call for his head is bordering upon, if not actually, childish.

I understand and share the frustrations exemplified herein. I cannot see a future under Kean as things stand.

However, insofar as Mr Dunn is concerned, he is likely trying to be optimistic and/or show some solidarity for the sake of the team. He could not realistically publicly chastise Kean at this point in time, whatever his personal view may be. He may also have positives to draw from what he sees behind the scenes, rightly or wrongly.

The bottom line is that when fit he has great ability. He has given the club much, for great reward I might add, but to now call for his head is bordering upon, if not actually, childish.

I've just read the full interview and it is stunning. Absolutely stunning. Who is this man?

The worst by far is not even connected with the Venkys issues. It's how he makes it clear we have been "exceeding expectations" in the last few years, and how he's making us sound like a small time club that should just be grateful with surviving in the league.

Nightmare.

I've just read the full interview and it is stunning. Absolutely stunning. Who is this man?

The worst by far is not even connected with the Venkys issues. It's how he makes it clear we have been "exceeding expectations" in the last few years, and how he's making us sound like a small time club that should just be grateful with surviving in the league.

Nightmare.

Sounds like Souness

Nightmare.

Sounds like sanity more like. We are a small club and we are exceeding expectations being in this league.

Is it even possible to exceed expectations for 10 years? Surely that changes expectations?

Teams the size of Burnley, Blackpool and Swansea have made it to the Premier League in recent seasons, to say that a club our size are exceeding expectations by being at this level is absolute nonsense.

Is it even possible to exceed expectations for 10 years? Surely that changes expectations?

Teams the size of Burnley, Blackpool and Swansea have made it to the Premier League in recent seasons, to say that a club our size are exceeding expectations by being at this level is absolute nonsense.

Well thats the problem isn't it, it shouldn't change expectations but it apparently has. We're still skint, we still get very small crowds, we still charge peanuts for our tickets, we're still based in a small town and we still have the problem of attracting top players to unfashionable east lancashire. The challenges are as tough as they've ever been but because we've met them against the odds in the past, its reasonable to demand us to meet them against the odds in the future?

We aren't much bigger than the likes of Blackpool, Burnley and Swansea, not much at all. Thats what I don't think many of our fans understand. Swansea is a city and Blackpool is a larger town, so they both have bigger potential than Rovers. When Burnley were in the PL they were getting 80% of our crowds and charging about 150% of our prices, so which club earned more gate revenue that season? Them.

I don't agree with Dunn that we should accept Kean/Venkys but I do agree with his general get real message. If Blackburn doubled in size and what you pay for your season ticket tripled in price, then you'd have some realistic grounds for expecting us to be in this league. Until then ask any neutral in the country and they'd say its a huge achievement for a club our size.

Well thats the problem isn't it, it shouldn't change expectations but it apparently has. We're still skint, we still get very small crowds, we still charge peanuts for our tickets, we're still based in a small town and we still have the problem of attracting top players to unfashionable east lancashire. The challenges are as tough as they've ever been but because we've met them against the odds in the past, its reasonable to demand us to meet them against the odds in the future?

Thats exactly the point though isnt it - if you've managed to do something every year for the last 10 years, and 17 or so out of the last 20, can it really be considered against the odds?

We as fans are well aware and always have been of the problems facing our club (small town,small catchment area,low wages etc) but we have fought hard to stay in this league,for 17 of its 20 year existence ...we ARE an established Premierleague club and want to remain so.

Well over half of our clubs 136 year history has been as a top flight club.There are not many clubs our size who can boast that!

:rover:

Dunny wants to do his talking on the pitch and help the club that pays his wages to stay were it belongs.

We aren't much bigger than the likes of Blackpool, Burnley and Swansea, not much at all. Thats what I don't think many of our fans understand. Swansea is a city and Blackpool is a larger town, so they both have bigger potential than Rovers. When Burnley were in the PL they were getting 80% of our crowds and charging about 150% of our prices, so which club earned more gate revenue that season? Them.

I don't agree with Dunn that we should accept Kean/Venkys but I do agree with his general get real message. If Blackburn doubled in size and what you pay for your season ticket tripled in price, then you'd have some realistic grounds for expecting us to be in this league. Until then ask any neutral in the country and they'd say its a huge achievement for a club our size.

Blackpool is bigger than Blackburn as a town, but they don't have our fanbase, as proven with their gates over the last 30 years, same with Burnley- they GAVE AWAY 8000 season tickets! So, they obviously didnn't earn more revenue! Also, newly promoted clubs always get a crowd boost.

We don't get 'very small crowds', there are usually half a dozen sides with lower crowds ever year, however do we have small non TV revenue for a PL club? Undoubtably.

Of course, our PL status is an achievement, something that I am massively proud of and due to excellent management for over a decade.

But lets not get in the mindset that we have no real right to be there, of course we do, yet, for a club of our resources if that good management is thrown away then we are in trouble.

• 1 month later...

been spotted out and about enjoying the blackburn night life tonight as our dunny!! stage door and tasty spot he has visited lol

Nice to see one of our professional sportsmen looking after his diet and lifestyle.

No wonder he's never fit and always looks overweight, drinking and eating takeaway food.

Archived