BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

I don't really want to go over old ground Speedie Dived. Most fans take on the subject was that we let him finish the season early to have the op so he could put himself in the Euro shop window and engineer a move away from Rovers. I'd have more time for the guy if he'd have come out and said " I've gone as far as I can at Blackburn, I need a new challenge, I'm off at the end of the season". Nothing wrong with that, everyone is entitled to freedom of movement, it's just the snidey way he went about it.

All respect I had for him went then. Boo him ? I couldn't be bothered, he's just bad news to me.

He'll never be spoken of in the same light as Ronnie and Bryan.

Put himself in the Euro shop window? Every club in the world had heard of Shearer. He turned down many moves over the years and finally left to go and play for the team he supported as a boy, play in front of his mates. We should be grateful that we got to see him for 4 years,

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: Oh and just to add, I'm sick of hearing about "IF we hadn't missed two penalties against Everton then we would blah blah blah" Who the hell cares, we DID miss 2 penalties, not due to a matter of luck, due to them being poor penalties, just like every penalty missed is a poor penalty, not down to 'luck'. IF IF IF IF, Who cares about IF, you know what guys, IF we had won every game 28-0 this season we'd be top. Or if you do really want to bring IF and LUCK into it on a more relevant note then where would we be without 2 own goals and an offside goal against Arsenal?

Totally agree with this sentiment - we got lucky against Arsenal & Fulham, and unlucky against Everton - on that score we are 1 point ahead of what we have merited.

Regarding the "get real" comment, I see it as a comment designed to say we need to be realistic about our ambitions. This can be taken 2 ways:

- either he means look how much City have spent, we cannot compete with them and cannot understand why the fans are looking at one game and booing

- its a shot across the bows of the owners 'champions league' comments.

I cant help think he meant the former - in which case we may as well shut up shop now if we arent going to have a go at the 'big clubs' especially at Ewood.

I think the media need to realise that fans are unhappy due to the full length of Keans tenure - IMO the fans were just more patient and more intelligent than trying to upset the players during the run in last season.

Dunn should keep his big mouth shut,the usless fat primadonna living on past glorys.i mean he cant talk

hes only useing us as a meal ticket,no fecker else wants him.

its funny how you can go off someone so easy isnt it ?

i used to think he was mr.blackburn rovers , but not any more.............

Alan Shearer was the best centre forward I have seen in a Rovers shirt but he is not the greatest player by a long way. The abuse he gets when he comes back to Ewood is justified in view of his treatment towards the club in his final year. As for David Dunn, his comments are an insult to the fans.

Anyone who gives Shearer abuse is an idiot, we bought him for 3.6 million, he was the best player we had in my lifetime and he left after 4 great years for a 12 million profit.

Why should he had stayed at Blackburn? was Donis not enough of an incentive? or the fact were missed out on Europe and we going downhill fast?

I just wish Shearer had gone to a bigger club then Newcastle like Real Madrid, he deserved so much more.

Cryer has royally stitched him up with the LET board. He actually says maybe "we" need to get real, in reference to looking at the city bench.

And he even says it's not about backing the manager or owners, distancing himself from them.

Basically asking for everyone to pull in the right direction, which is not that extraordinary

first sentence on the LET story.

DAVID Dunn insists it is time for Blackburn Rovers supporters to ‘get real’ as he calls for unity at Ewood Park.

Just read this was busy at work producing the company newsletter.

Very powerful stuff from Dunn, bit surprised he did that.

Would we accept the following points:

Wolves home 0 = no

Aston Villa 0 = no

Everton home 0 = no

Fulham away 1 = yes

Arsenal home 3 = ofcourse

Newcastle away 0 = no

Man City away = yes but not 4-0

So I'l give him Man City to quote Dunn "we need to get real” unlike some fans I accepted that we might not win this one, but we have dropped points and peformed under par in too many games, it's not about City at all, there is so much thats contributed to wanting Kean sacked I really don't want to start listing.

• Moderation Lead

Still seething about these comments. Especially as he's a boyhood Rovers fan and he tells the fans to 'get real'. I hope he gets an absolute sh1tload of abuse next time he pulls on the blue and white shirt, over the hill judas idiot!

Anyone who gives Shearer abuse is an idiot, we bought him for 3.6 million, he was the best player we had in my lifetime and he left after 4 great years for a 12 million profit.

Why should he had stayed at Blackburn? was Donis not enough of an incentive? or the fact were missed out on Europe and we going downhill fast?

I just wish Shearer had gone to a bigger club then Newcastle like Real Madrid, he deserved so much more.

I have never given Shearer abuse - for many of the reasons you have stated. However - I totally understand fans who do. He was repeatedly asked on radio rovers (prior to the European Championship) whether he would be at Rovers the following season. He repeatedly said that he would.

Shearer leaving was possibly the end of the dream for Rovers - not just in losing a truly great player - but I am sure Jack would have done absolutely anything to pursuade him to stay - including opening his wallet again to purchase some genuinely world class talent to play alongside Shearer.

You mention Donis - in his first match against Spuds - he skinned their defence on numerous occasions - all it needed was Shearer to put the finishing touch - oh what could have been.

• Moderation Lead

I agree about the sentiments regarding Shearer, though I wasn't happy about his salute to the Blackburn End after scoring there though....

He should have gone to a bigger club than Newcastle, he was so much better than that.

Towards the end of his Newcastle career, he got some good receptions at Ewood. And of course, he got a rapturous one at Tony Parkes' testimonial, and I was delighted he did.

Yeah to be fair he has also had a good reception on a few occasions, which like yourself, i felt was tremendous and more than justified.

Actually heard a fantastic rumour at the time that Jack offered Shearer the managers job, he basically got to chose who we bought. So Big Al wanted to play with Barmby and asked Jack to get him. He was going to cost a packet and Jack let this to be known to Shearer in a drunken phone call. The rest as they say is history. No idea how true it was, but was a pretty good source at the time.

Completely agree.

I'm not old enough to remember seeing players like Douglas, Garner or whoever, but Alan Shearer was an absolutely world class player.

Look at his scoring record in the Premier League alone - this isn't in an era where games finish 17-9 and goals are easy to come by - he is, was and always will be an absolute, solid-gold, certified legend.

I was lucky enough to go to all home and away matches whilst we had Alan and even in his final year, he was nothing but totally professional at Ewood, even scoring 2 in his final game (against Wimbledon) before surgery and Euro 1996.

Firstly Dunn is entitled to his own opinion - he hasn't been the only one to argue against the Kean-out chants, or that wouldn't be talk of fans arguing amongst themselves. I also think on this web site there are people who agree with Dunn's sentiments - but don't show themselves for fear of the type of tirade that has been aimed Dunn's way.

Personally I think some of what he is trying to get across has been taken out of context - and I think many would agree that a result against City was always unlikely. Unfortunately this was the game that the terraces really turned against Kean - but in truth he was probably never going to win.

Unfortunately - picture another scenario - Dunn will probably have a good inclination of what is likely to happen to Kean. If Kean is going to keep his job for much longer - many supporters may have a decision to make - get behind the club irrespective of Kean - or continue the protests. Continued protest will just add to the general turmoil - and possibly affect even greater our chances of getting out of this mess. I agree with Glenn that the protests have been mainly (until City) been onstrained to before and after matches - but the players can't help but pick up on the general vibe around Ewood these days. Best hope is that the owners sort out this mess one way or another.

Harford sold Newell I think they were pals, Sutton hatred it under Harford, I think there was a rumour he faked an injury because Harford wanted to play him centre back.

Shearers likely partner upfront would have been Fenton haha

Jack biggest mistake promoting Harford, glad we learn our lesson there and it was never repeated, oh wait forgot about Kean.

glen can't orgainise the kind of thing that eruped at 3-0 down on Saturday, that was passion and anger flooding out of fans who have simply had it with what this club has become.

If footballers 'got real' and out of their bubble they might realise this.

I'm not old enough to remember seeing players like Douglas, Garner or whoever, but Alan Shearer was an absolutely world class player.

Dunn however will be forgotten very very quickly.

Jack biggest mistake promoting Harford, glad we learn our lesson there and it was never repeated, oh wait forgot about Kean.

Kidd? Hodgson? Not investing when we won the league? Matty Holmes FFS!!!!

I had to read the article twice just to get my head around what he had or allegedly has said.

GET REAL, WE ARE HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION !!

Where is he coming from ? We are heading down to the The Chumpionship and are sinking without trace and very rapidly at that !

Dunny needs to rethink or come out and actually say what he said rather than hiding behind a potential misquote.

I am shocked to read what he has said.

He has lost a lot of respect from Rovers fans and should keep his mouth firmly shut.

Still seething about these comments. Especially as he's a boyhood Rovers fan and he tells the fans to 'get real'. I hope he gets an absolute sh1tload of abuse next time he pulls on the blue and white shirt, over the hill judas idiot!

Dunns comments total disgrace for a local lad to come out with what he has done he'll deserve all the abuse he gets.........he has lost my respect completely

this is all just getting stupid now.

a poor performance against qpr&spurs will surely see the end of kean reign as manager, just hope the new manager is sombody we all want and not whoops I missed off the "g" Avram(look at my history to see how ###### i am)Grant!, hughes would be amazing(but unlikely), martin oneil would prob keep us up at but long term?, too keep us up this season though i think we def need sombody with a lot of prem experiance.

Archived