BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

Henwah- That is the biggest load of crap I have ever read on here. No club deserves anything, and what Jack provided us makes us eternally greatful not spoilt. I am lamenting the loss of our well run club POST Jack's death as much as anything else.

Our fans have been much more patient than most these last 9 months and as for atmosphere, you obviously don't go to many away games, as Ewood holds it's own against most.

Ganersfags- Dont you br starting the 'agenda' routine, we as fans just want the best, you are looking for agendas I would have a look at SEM.

Super_Arran- well there's a surprise!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunn didn't have to say anything, that the point. He's paid to be a footballer not a reporter or pundit.

The heading in the right direction line is the straw that broke the camels back with the vast majority because it's clear to see from almost every game this season that Kean is being out thought by the opposition dugout. Coming out with such crap after one win in seven is a joke, he's making the fans out to be idiots. If he doesn't have the balls to stand up for the fans and more importantly the good of the club in it's current hour of need then he's no better than Kean in my eyes.

The number of people who have deliberately or otherwise misquoted or misunderstood Dunny's comments is breathtaking.

When replying on a messageboard, it is good practice to read what others have posted.

Yet again, he did not say or imply the team or the club is 'going in the right diection'.

He said: "We all have to be on the same page and going in the right direction"

This means he 'wants' us all to be going in the same direction.

It couldn't be clearer, but post after post has been based around this inability to read. I know the red mist is down but that is no excuse.

Within minutes there will be more replies about Dunny telling the fans to 'get real' and him saying 'we are moving in the right direction'.

For this reason I would like the thread to be blocked or pulled. We are tearing each other to pieces. Not good for the MB or the club.

Is this possible?

What part of Kean's record, tactics, formations, changing line-ups, confusing substitutions, arrogant attitude and complete disregard for the fans is making your shift in opinion so gradual - and what will it take for you to be converted? (and that's without going into his conviction, lies and disregard for the Police and Courts).

If we beat QPR, for instance, does he get a bye against Spurs and another 2 or 3 games?

I just wanted to give until about 10 games in with his own signings, I've said that all along. So far it's not looking great, so with 3 games to go I'm swaying towards wanting him out too, is that ok?

What the hell was he going to say?? Do people really expect him to slag off his manager in the press??? The same situation with Jason Roberts, regardless of what they think, they're hardly going to rock the boat when their career depends on getting selected every saturday afternoon by Kean. Dont take these comments too seriously and move on. Players not wanting to p*ss off their manager isn't headline news.

Then as the song goes, say nothing at all. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to give until about 10 games in with his own signings, I've said that all along. So far it's not looking great, so with 3 games to go I'm swaying towards wanting him out too, is that ok?

Understatement of the season so far.

• Moderation Lead

This thread is quickly becoming a shining example as to why this site has lost its appeal for many :(

Only been here a year myself and noticing a lot of established posters not posting any more... Though Dunn was bang out of order with these comments and the timing.

In effect he's just poured a load of petrol onto the bonfire that is this horrible situation we're in! :angry:

You post this a lot Gav, but there will always be a churn of posters, there are some excellent newer ones also.

I assume your point is because of the personal abuse Dunn has received, it's childish and not really needed, but people are wound up pretty tightly at the moment.

This thread is quickly becoming a shining example as to why this site has lost its appeal for many :(

There are many who don't agree with the personal aimed at Dunn. I thought his comments were typical media speak to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway. What is said behind closed doors will always differ from that released to the press.

I've just typed out and deleted my original reply. It's not worth bickering with fellow fans because we all want the same thing.

This is what Kean has done to our club.

It's soul destroying.

:(

R.I.P Dunny, you idiot!!!

Sambo you talk utter **** mate!!

Care to put forward a counter argument then? Why do we not deserve anything but other fans do? Clown.

And RIP Dunny? What a ridiculous comment that is.

There are many who don't agree with the personal aimed at Dunn. I thought his comments were typical media speak to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway. What is said behind closed doors will always differ from that released to the press.

Exactly

Which is exactly why I posted re if it was his quote or not and exactly what Steb was getting at.

However, there will always be the issue raised of ' no smoke without fire' and it really needs Dunn to put right the report as to what he actually meant in context and put it to bed.

You post this a lot Gav - Maybe because its how I feel Matty

but there will always be a churn of posters, there are some excellent newer ones also.

I assume your point is because of the personal abuse Dunn has received, it's childish and not really needed, but people are wound up pretty tightly at the moment.

How to win friends and influence people by Mattyblue :D

Doesn't really matter how wound up you are, thats just an excuse.

Anyway, I'll leave and your mates to carry on the tirade of nonsense in peace.

Yeah well you were wrong in the first place to want to give him 10 games.

It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that he was going to get us in serious trouble judging by the way he almost got us relegated last season.

I can't believe anyone is even "swaying towards" wanting him out.

You are entitled to your opinion though, I guess some people just need a bit more time to see the bleeding obvious than others.

How to win friends and influence people by Mattyblue :D

Doesn't really matter how wound up you are, thats just an excuse.

Anyway, I'll leave and your mates to carry on the tirade of nonsense in peace.

I haven't made it personal towards Our David, so you are wrong there.

I could say that Dunn's undoubted potential has never been fulfilled and it is his 'lifestyle' that is largely to blame, that as a millionaire footballer who struggles to even make it on to the pitch, he should be very careful with his comments, but I won't.

I haven't made it personal towards Our David, so you are wrong there.

I could say that Dunn's undoubted potential has never been fulfilled and it is his 'lifestyle' that is largely to blame, that as a millionaire footballer who struggles to even make it on to the pitch, he should be very careful with his comments, but I won't.

I wasn't referring to you making the comments Matty, more your acceptance of them.

I couldnt agree more with your sentiments though, Dunn needs a reality check if hes made those comments in that context.

Well done Dunny, a player thats not as small minded as our 'fans'. :tu: GET REAL!

Do you cut and paste that last bit in every one of your posts?

If it makes you feel better you aren't harming anyone but does make you look a bit crazy. I'll see if it helps me any.

You are deluded. GET REAL!

You need to look at the bigger picture. GET REAL!

Do you seriously believe Steve Kean is the man to take BRFC forward? GET REAL!

Oh you're right it does work. GET REAL! :rolleyes:

Well whether Dunn meant to insult us or not (his comments about Andrews are spot on mind) the article is incredibly stupid of both Dunn and the club.

Ok we can debate over whether Dunn think we're going in the right direction or whether he's saying we want to be going in the right direction, but the cheap digs within the piece - namely the Get Real comment and the City bench comments - are only going to alienate fans. There's no two ways about that - it's insulting.

The club have shot themselves in the foot. So far the players have come under very little stick for some utter shocking performances. Comments like this may well transfer the fans fury to the players also - which I doubt would be helpful (although very possibly justified). The last thing we need is a dislike of the whole club - players, manager and owner. Well done Dunn.

I also find it a bit rich coming from Dunn who contributes more to the treatment table than the pitch may not want to shift the focus onto himself. Given his diabolical injury record he's hardly pulling his weight in this situation (no pun intended). Certainly he has no right to be criticising the fans at all.

Archived