BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

Guest Rovers4Good

Keith Andrews was a liablility on the pitch. End of.

I agree but at least he was fit more times than not unlike the Slug Dunn who used to be box to box but now he's only shoe box if that. :)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunny is spot on regarding Keith Andrews, the lad gave 110% every time he pulled the shirt on, the people booing him should be ashamed of themselves.

On the fans reactions, he needs to understand that as supporters we’ve been more than patient with the manager/owners, plenty of other clubs supporters wouldn’t have been so understanding.

Its all well and good working hard on the training ground, but if the manager is clueless, and he clearly is from a tactical and team setup point of view, you’re never going to make a fist of it.

We pay heard earned money to support this football club, we have the right to voice our opinions in the only way we know how.

Kean out, and you go with him Dunn if you don't like it :angry2:

Dunny is spot on regarding Keith Andrews, the lad gave 110% every time he pulled the shirt on, the people booing him should be ashamed of themselves.

On the fans reactions, he needs to understand that as supporters we’ve been more than patient with the manager/owners, plenty of other clubs supporters wouldn’t have been so understanding.

Its all well and good working hard on the training ground, but if the manager is clueless, and he clearly is from a tactical and team setup point of view, you’re never going to make a fist of it.

We pay heard earned money to support this football club, we have the right to voice our opinions in the only way we know how.

You've been more than patient with the manager Gav! :P

Something Dunny is 'one ' of (or used to be)

I have time for Dunny but it might be worth him remembering his spat with Souness before he spouts against the fans(pending of course of how this has been reported /misquoted ;))

Not the first time Dunn's had a go at the fans. Not too long back, he was quoted as saying that football fans know nothing about football.

Of all the players at Ewood, Dunny is the one I would have expected to empathise with the fans.

To be fair, Dunn has received his fair share of stick on here before for nothing but people's opinion of his performances and his fatness.

I can see where he's coming from in a way. If you've noticed it's the players that have been ridiculed the most by fans that are sticking up for Kean. I don't think that's coincidence.

Re: Andrews, I have always felt the treatment of him by fans has been unacceptable. He was barely given a chance even when he played fairly well.

I think the only time people should direct their booing directly at a player is when they've ballsed up really bad or disrespected the team (a la Tevez). It wasn't his fault managers kept picking him. The manager should be the one to tell the player he's ######, not the supporters.

Not the first time Dunn's had a go at the fans. Not too long back, he was quoted as saying that football fans know nothing about football.

Honestly, I can see where he's coming from. I remember Nelsen used to get castigated by the fans regularly as well, despite being one of our best players. If you were in Dunn's shoes, reading what some people are saying about your captain, what would you think?

My respect for Dunn, Roberts and any other player who is backing Kean and having a go at the fans is non existent. They are all part of the same conspiracy and hypocrisy. I would seriously rather be relegated than pander to these cretins who have stolen a living from our football club.

To be fair, Dunn has received his fair share of stick on here before for nothing but people's opinion of his performances and his fatness.

I can see where he's coming from in a way. If you've noticed it's the players that have been ridiculed the most by fans that are sticking up for Kean. I don't think that's coincidence.

Re: Andrews, I have always felt the treatment of him by fans has been unacceptable. He was barely given a chance even when he played fairly well.

I think the only time people should direct their booing directly at a player is when they've ballsed up really bad or disrespected the team (a la Tevez). It wasn't his fault managers kept picking him. The manager should be the one to tell the player he's ######, not the supporters.

Honestly, I can see where he's coming from. I remember Nelsen used to get castigated by the fans regularly as well, despite being one of our best players. If you were in Dunn's shoes, reading what some people are saying about your captain, what would you think?

I'll tell you what I think Miker. If you read Dunny's quotes HERE, I think he's insulting our intelligence.

I think we all need to remember that David Dunn's perspective on all this is going to be very different from all of ours.

I don't think Kean spends his days on the training ground trying to make us bad - I expect he is trying his best, but it falls woefully short of being anywhere near acceptable.

Dunn probably likes him as a person, and wants him to succeed as a manager. The world footballers inhabit is a very different one to the one we do I'm afraid. At the end of the day, he is backing his friends/colleagues and employers (who pay him millions of pounds).

I agree 100% about Keith Andrews. Some of the most embarrassing scenes I have known as a Rovers fan. Everyone who booed him should write a letter of apology, and he should be begged to come back and take Petrovic's place in the team. Funny how he is our most in form and top scoring player... albeit for Ipswich.

Guest Rovers4Good

He's well within his right to say something but you have to say that Dunn as hardly been giving it his all for the club that he supports can you?

He is also well within his rights to stick up for the manager of the club that pays his wages but there is always another reason for doing this and Dunn a man who has seen his best days well behind him needs to realise that the fans have the power at any club, not the owners, not the manager and defo not the players.

Also, if you look back over this thread there are a handful of comments from the fans who know why Dunn would come out and say what he has but again if it was say Hoilett or someone who actually gives it their best week in week out then i would say fair enough but for Dunn a lad who has sat on the treatment table picking his wages up week in week out then i think he's sticking 2 fingers up at the fans and that is embarrasing.

The club is surrounded by mystery at the moment and it doesn't have to be, the club looks from the outside that it's not being run to the highest standard and this rings alarm bells in any supports head.

Well said Gav and you are correct that our fans have been hugely patient. I have been wondering when the fans would find their voice ever since Wigan away last year.

On the money subject even though home tickets are cheap, add the car park, drinks, food, programmes, family tickets, shirts, away tickets and travel, etc and people are waxing large proportions of their disposable incomes following the club. We have every right to comment.

On the subject of Dunn, then clearly these comments should be taken with a pinch of salt. What is said publicly, bears little resemblance to what is said privately and this media spin and soundbites are run of the mill stuff, albeit badly timed.

Guest Rovers4Good

Oh and another thing dunny whilst your on about backing managers, what did YOU do when you fell out with souness ? Kettle black methinks! Free chicken from venkys is it?

He fell out with Souness due to his lifestyle at the time.

He was out all the time, page 3 model on his arm and so on and Souness called him a Playboy which got his back up and i can see why when he sign Dwight Yorke the biggest Playboy of the modern generation. :)

I think it was wrong with Souness and to prove it try asking Andy Cole his thoughts on the man, i bet he won't have a good word to say about him. :)

Guest Rovers4Good

It looks like Dunn has already accepted relegation as inevitable.

He would have been wise to keep his mounth shut - if we lose at QPR then when we play Spurs the protest will be of epic proportions and if fat-boy is playing he'll get some verbals too.

Ha ha love it, there's more chance of Darren Anderton playing than Dunny (now there is a sicknote). lol :)

Guest Rovers4Good

"And he admits Saturday’s scenes are something he never wants to experience again at Ewood Park."

That made me laugh from the telegraph article. You'll be seeing scenes a lot worse than that at the next home match if Kean is kept on Dunny!

And if we get beat against Punani 11?

I cant disagree with a lot of what Dunny has said.

• Booing and protesting during games can be counter productive, and does affect the team
  • We have hounded players at the club over the years.
  • We need to put on a united front.
  • Admitting that things arent good

He is hardly going to come out and say Kean out is he ? Also hasnt directly backed Kean either - only saying that they are working hard.

For 10 months fans have grown increasingly unhappy, but no-one has booed, held protest until recently as no-one wanted it to effect results or the players. However our silence has not put points on the board. We have gone from a top 10 side to relegation fodder, and the players are just as accountable as the Manager. The fans are the club Dunny, and the players have been active in the removal of many managers at Ewood by under-performing. You aint getting the results, so if steve Kean is removed then the players are more accountable than the fans,

You are paid to perform by the fans, either by tickets merchandise, or by the money most of us pay to Sky each year, Its quite Simple Dunny and any other player who want's to have a pop at the fans. Win games consistantly, and perform like a team that ain't destined for relegation and the fans will perhaps be open to supporting the Manager,

OR

Continue with the poor, tactically naive performances and watch the boo's grow

If Dunn genuinely can't understand that, Glen, then he's thicker than he sounds.

His comments smell of 'let's get a relatively popular player to back the manager and hope something sticks', but it's well beyond the point of retrieval now.

Kean must go for the situation to improve.

• Moderation Lead

If we'd done this last season Dunn's comments would be understandable, but for him to take a holier than thou stance now when fans have been left with no other option is not helpful

He shouldn't have made these comments.

Archived