BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

I cant disagree with a lot of what Dunny has said.

• Booing and protesting during games can be counter productive, and does affect the team
  • We have hounded players at the club over the years.
  • We need to put on a united front.
  • Admitting that things arent good

He is hardly going to come out and say Kean out is he ? Also hasnt directly backed Kean either - only saying that they are working hard.

we have got behind the side resolutely and shown patience that 99% of fans at other clubs would not have shown.

However, at 3-0 down on Saturday, nine months of anger and frustration came flooding out and we are WELL in our rights to do so.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm spitting feathers about his 'get real' comment. I saw him interviewed in Hong Kong and he talked about a top 10 finish - if he expected that aren't we as fans being realistic to accept the same. He lives in a multi million pound house, drives top of the range cars and wants for nothing. This is from a guy who can barely string a coherent sentence together and he's telling us to 'get real'.

Sorry Dunny but as far as I'm concerned your presence in the blue and white shirt will never mean the same to me. David Dunn is blue and white when it suits HIM.

I cant disagree with a lot of what Dunny has said.

• Booing and protesting during games can be counter productive, and does affect the team
  • We have hounded players at the club over the years.
  • We need to put on a united front.
  • Admitting that things arent good

He is hardly going to come out and say Kean out is he ? Also hasnt directly backed Kean either - only saying that they are working hard.

Careful Steb that's more like a FF reply than a MB one.

To be fair as I posted earlier, maybe it wasn't supposed to read like that but the 'get real' if direct from him is a lttle underhand in my book.

Something somewhere is not getting through (to certain quarters/people and not just Dunn) as in the report is still states most of the anger was directed at at the deluded one, forgive me if I am wrong here but I thought it was all directed at him and upto now has been.

The aspect about the fans being negative - surely they need to take stock of what has driven us to it?

The fans have been very very patient even the ones who doubted at the very beginning, Rovers fans are well known for it so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out without giving clues something is riling us :wacko:

Maybe he needs to 'get real' if his quote of the Citeh player on the bench is anything and take a pay cut down to 'real' wages given his lack of playing time.

I can understand, to a certain degree, why Dunn has felt it necessary to speak out (even though Rovers fans have been more than patient on the managers performance and that of the owners thus far) – he does have a point on Keith Andrews though, some of the booing/behaviour towards him was not on.

Need to also remember, Dunn is fairly close on a personal level with the manager – for the past year or so, Kean has been helping Dunn with his coaching qualifications I believe.

This is the last thing we want to hear from one of our more respected players.

The fans are the lifeblood of this Club,we pay our hard earned money and have a right to voice our opinion.Rovers fans are a patient bunch on the whole and deserve credit for how they have behaved since the club was sold,only now,when we have been pushed to breaking point do we see protest aimed towards the manager which is FULLY deserved.

What do you really expect Dunny,for the fans to except this mediocrity? to except our position at the foot of the table while players like yourself,reputedly on 20k a week and barely fit enough to play a full 90 minutes feel you have a right to lambast the fans like we are naughty kids...WTF!

DAVID LAD,A WORD OF ADVICE:

YOU GET REAL,GET FIT AND DO YOUR TALKING ON THE PITCH! <_<

This is the last thing we want to hear from one of our more respected players.

The fans are the lifeblood of this Club,we pay our hard earned money and have a right to voice our opinion.Rovers fans are a patient bunch on the whole and deserve credit for how they have behaved since the club was sold,only now,when we have been pushed to breaking point do we see protest aimed towards the manager which is FULLY deserved.

What do you really expect Dunny,for the fans to except this mediocrity? to except our position at the foot of the table while players like yourself,reputedly on 20k a week and barely fit enough to play a full 90 minutes feel you have a right to lambast the fans like we are naughty kids...WTF!

Amen to that.

That has made me so so mad.

What does Dunny expect??? As for the city bench costing more than Venkys paid for the club and the fans should get real. Well it wasn’t us who said it would be Champions League football at Ewood within a couple of seasons or we would sign Beckham, Raul etc etc etc

The fans would have been happy with the promise of top ten and a modest transfer budget each window, but no they shout their mouths off and expect nothing to be said when we don’t even stay at the same level we get a damn sight worse.

Also Hughes didn’t have a big transfer budget but still manages to compete with the top 4 and even did the double over Man U, so don’t give us that rubbish about a 4-0 drubbing from city being a good result because they have spent a fortune. If that is the case we may as well pack up, turn the lights off and go home now......

As Glen says we have held off and in the main given Kean and Venkys time. He even got a reprieve from many after the Arsenal game and what did we get at Newcastle? A performance which would have embarrassed Great Harwood Rovers under 4’s reserve side. Keans win record makes Eddie the Eagle seem like a world champion!

No one expects to have a right to win away at Newcastle but we do expect to give it a go and at the very least come close. So we should all just sit and watch what many people (players, managers, club staff and the fans) have worked years to build and allow Kean to do nothing while we pay for the privilege of watching him destroy everything.

I have thought for a long time that Dunny has got away with a lot from the majority of fans which other players have not, due to his ‘local lad’ and ‘Rovers through and through tag’. I’m glad to see this is not the case with these comments.

I always say you can tell how bad things are at a football club by looking on the rivals message board etc. You only have to read the Dingles thoughts about Kean, they love him and if it carries on much longer will have t-shirts with his face on. That is how bad he is...........

.............at this moment in time I really am falling out of love with football. Where has the fun and enjoyment gone?????

Guest Rovers4Good

Bet he struggles to get on the coach for the airport. lol :)

Careful Steb that's more like a FF reply than a MB one.

To be fair as I posted earlier, maybe it wasn't supposed to read like that but the 'get real' if direct from him is a lttle underhand in my book.

Something somewhere is not getting through (to certain quarters/people and not just Dunn) as in the report is still states most of the anger was directed at at the deluded one, forgive me if I am wrong here but I thought it was all directed at him and upto now has been.

I should have made it clearer that whilst I thought on the whole he had some fair comments, the likes of the "Get Real" comments would only antagonise fans further.

On the boo'ing of Andrews. I don't agree with boo'ing of any player but pointing, not putting a tackle or header in and generally walking around the pitch doing nothing watching the match pass them by is not giving 110%. The guy was a liability.

I can't understand why anyone would defend Kean as anyone who does so is making themselves look very silly when you consider his managerial record. Shearer saying you don't become a bad manager overnight. You could quite easily say you don't become a good manager overnight too. Which is what Venky's have tried to create out of nothing.

I should have made it clearer that whilst I thought on the whole he had some fair comments, the likes of the "Get Real" comments would only antagonise fans further.

Dunny is out of order with his comments, end of.

I understand the frustration, hell, we all do! But to criticise the fans was a poor idea and one that will disenfranchise the already growing number of dissenters.

Considering he has hardly been fit, be it through his fault or not, he hasnt really contributed to this years performances so how he thinks he can criticise when he hasnt been doing anything productively to help the situation is ridiculous!

He needs to put himself in the fans position, he was there once, he'll be there again after his playing days are over and i am sure that he would like Rovers to be in the PL!

I understand that the over the top, personal abuse aimed at Dunny is partly fuelled by our shredded nerves and total frustration but I want to say that I think the personal, vicious comments are out of order.

Every one of us (yes, you) was singing David Dunn is blue n white not too long ago, years after the jibes about his weight and commitment started.

He deserves some slack but never receives any.

We all know his telegraph article will not be his genuine views, he is just defending his mates and employer because he was asked to show solidarity by the club.

I do not agree with his comments, far from it, so I will say his comments are misguided and ill-timed. I will not have a personal a go at him, he is one of my favourite ever home grown players who has had some rough luck with injuries.

Please keep your replies respectful and constructive.

Garnersfags: Well said!

Do I agree with Dunn's comments? Absolutely not. But people should show a bit of class. Play the ball and not the man, as they say. All the 'hur de dur dur he's a fat crock' type comments are disappointing. Have some class people.

It's the same with Kean. Is he a good manager? No. Would I rather someone else in charge? Yes. But criticising him for being 'fat' and 'bald' is just ridiculous!

It was the same with the anti Allardyce fans and the BFS nonsense. Have some bloody class.

Guest Rovers4Good

I understand that the over the top, personal abuse aimed at Dunny is partly fuelled by our shredded nerves and total frustration but I want to say that I think the personal, vicious comments are out of order.

Every one of us (yes, you) was singing David Dunn is blue n white not too long ago, years after the jibes about his weight and commitment started.

He deserves some slack but never receives any.

We all know his telegraph article will not be his genuine views, he is just defending his mates and employer because he was asked to show solidarity by the club.

I do not agree with his comments, far from it, so I will say his comments are misguided and ill-timed. I will not have a personal a go at him, he is one of my favourite ever home grown players who has had some rough luck with injuries.

Please keep your replies respectful and constructive.

Bla bla bla :)

Listen we still hold Dunny with high regards but his comments are dumb founded and me think he's got an alteria motive for expressing his views.

His comments that booing etc doesn't help well how the f**k would you like us to tell Kean and the team that we feel they're not giving back the fans the 100% we would get if any other manager was in charge?

Would you like us to say well done you were great today? Would you like us to clap and cheer the team off every week when they've been beat? Would you like us to shout Kean for England?

NO get in the real world, if we're not happy we express it through whatever way we feel like, we pay the money we should have our say and i for one think the fans recently have conducted themselves very well indeed.

He is hardly going to come out and say Kean out is he ?

Thats the same defence Samba got off some when he came out during our relegation fight and said he wanted to leave.

Fact is, Dunny didnt have to say anything. I suspect he has done so because the PR people at the club thought "one of our own" saying what he has would help quell the feelings of unrest. Which only goes to show how frighteningly out of touch they are.

Fact is, Dunny didnt have to say anything. I suspect he has done so because the PR people at the club thought "one of our own" saying what he has would help quell the feelings of unrest. Which only goes to show how frighteningly out of touch they are.

My thoughts exactly. Venkys getting one of the family to scold the naughty boys and girls of the family.

V. Rao: "We treat the club as a family and work as a family.

Now let's all go and be good children and not upset our big brothers and sister in Pune.

The V's should be told that there are more fights and squabbles within families than anywhere else....

He's made the situation worse not better with his comments.

'Get real', no it's you that needs to get real Dunny. The fans have seen the manager's record and they are fully aware that the manager is going to get us relegated. Kean and the players have had plenty of backing from the fans and the result of it?

P- 28 W- 6 D- 8 L- 14 = Win % 21.43

We had our worst run of form last season in over 20 years. We had our worst start to a season since the 1940's. Kean's record is one of the worst ever seen since the premier league started.

'Get real' indeed.

Senior players like Dunny should be speaking to the owners to get rid of this joke of a manager instead of blaming the fans for the ###### we are in. Senior players did speak to the higher levels of management when it was clear the writing was on the wall under Ince, they should be doing the same with Kean.

Not the first time Dunn's had a go at the fans. Not too long back, he was quoted as saying that football fans know nothing about football.

Of all the players at Ewood, Dunny is the one I would have expected to empathise with the fans.

If Dunn wants to support Kean, I suggest that he get fit and play hard on the pitch.

And the players whose views I am most interested in are Nelson and Robbo. They've been consistent professionals, have never quit and seem to have the best interests of the club at heart.

In response to Dunn:

It is amazing to me that you are still playing at this level. You have been finished for a long time. Kean will be gone by the time your contract talks come up so this was a waste of time.

Guest Rovers4Good

If Dunn wants to support Kean, I suggest that he get fit and play hard on the pitch.

And the players whose views I am most interested in are Nelson and Robbo. They've been consistent professionals, have never quit and seem to have the best interests of the club at heart.

Nelson only seems interested in trying to get some coaching under his belt from what i can see and as for Robbo he's trying his best to get back in the team but Big Yaks took his place now so it's off to the radio show me thinks. :(

In response to Dunn:

It is amazing to me that you are still playing at this level. You have been finished for a long time. Kean will be gone by the time your contract talks come up so this was a waste of time.

BPF you've just well and truely hit the nail on the head. :)

He knows he's well past it and can probably see that if he sticks up for these people then there may be a brand new contract in there for him to remain on the treatment table for another year. :)

Archived