BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

Andrews wasn't booed because he didn't try hard enough (although I still think that's debatable - close somebody down once in a while, Keith!). He was booed because the fans were voicing their frustration that a player woefully out of his depth was being picked game after game.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrews wasn't booed because he didn't try hard enough (although I still think that's debatable - close somebody down once in a while, Keith!). He was booed because the fans were voicing their frustration that a player woefully out of his depth was being picked game after game.

have to admit I don't feel sorry for Andrews, he's lived the dream and earnt a lot of money doing it, it really makes no difference if he is gone or not. I think it was time for him to go.

Maybe he is slightly better then Petrovic but neither are really good options currently.

I agree with most of what Dunn's said.

Also, does nobody seem to think that fans don't look at things objectively? There are plenty of people coming out in the press saying Kean should be given more time. I agree to an extent...4 points from next two games or i'll be advocating his dismissal too. Still wouldn't boo during a match.

have to admit I don't feel sorry for Andrews, he's lived the dream and earnt a lot of money doing it, it really makes no difference if he is gone or not. I think it was time for him to go.

Maybe he is slightly better then Petrovic but neither are really good options currently.

Never really understood the whole 'Andrews gave 110%' argument.

I remember him wincing out of tackles like a big girl.

Yeah well if these "fans" had a modicum of self control they'd have kept their mouths shut for the good of Rovers. Anyone with half a brain should be able to work out that booing and slating certain players during a match is gonna affect the whole team. It obviously bothered Dunn, I'm sure it bothered the rest of the side. Apart from Arsenal fans with Eboue I haven't seen it done to that extent at any other club. You'd hope it will never happen again but going off some of the attempted defences of it on here its obvious the people who did it don't realise what a huge embarassment they are to Rovers and our fans.

Did anyone else see Dunn on SSN this morning? Saying that we would love to beat the likes of City but we all need to be realistic and get behind the team and the manager and roar on the underdog.

While I don't for one minute disagree with what he said, I take exception to the fact that he made no comment on the spineless performances we say against Villa, Newcastle and Wolves. These are all team who we should be taking points off and we ended them with a grand total of ZERO points.

Dunn needs to be realistic and realise that we aren't calling for Keans head simply based on the City game but because of his woeful record over the course of his tenure. :rolleyes:

• Backroom

I agree with most of what Dunn's said.

Also, does nobody seem to think that fans don't look at things objectively? There are plenty of people coming out in the press saying Kean should be given more time. I agree to an extent...4 points from next two games or i'll be advocating his dismissal too. Still wouldn't boo during a match.

He's been our manager since December last year - he's been given plenty of time. During that time he's accumulated a truly atrocious win % and become the most despised manager in the history of the club. There's no sign he's going to turn this around, and if not for the freak result at Arsenal things would be even worse right now.

He must go - objectively speaking.

Disappointing when a local lad who was a fan before becoming a player feels the need to defend the indefensible. Dunn is risking alienating what is now, surely, the majority of of Rovers fans who want rid of Kean. If he wasn't so good at kicking a pigs bladder and was just a humble fan I wonder where his sentiments would lie?

P.S-First posting so hi everyone! :brfcsmilie:

He's been our manager since December last year - he's been given plenty of time. During that time he's accumulated a truly atrocious win % and become the most despised manager in the history of the club. There's no sign he's going to turn this around, and if not for the freak result at Arsenal things would be even worse right now.

He must go - objectively speaking.

Objectively, the media are looking at his reign beginning when he had his team...i.e a week or two ago.

Disappointing when a local lad who was a fan before becoming a player feels the need to defend the indefensible. Dunn is risking alienating what is now, surely, the majority of of Rovers fans who want rid of Kean. If he wasn't so good at kicking a pigs bladder and was just a humble fan I wonder where his sentiments would lie?

P.S-First posting so hi everyone! :brfcsmilie:

What on earth is so bad about what Dunn has said?

I'm sure most of you would agree that we should be behind the team. I'm sure most of you would want solidarity behind the scenes with the players supporting the manager.

And why would he slag off his boss and employers anyway?

I've just forgotten actually, most of you would rather see the team lose so Kean gets sacked.

I was disappointed with the last two performances but I want us to win the next games. I'd rather start winning and Kean stays than keep losing and Kean goes.

Objectively, the media are looking at his reign beginning when he had his team...i.e a week or two ago.

Not all thd media sees it this way, he's come in for some fierce ridicule this week. Also he signed players last January so I don't buy the argument that he could not be judged until after this window.

What on earth is so bad about what Dunn has said?

I'm sure most of you would agree that we should be behind the team. I'm sure most of you would want solidarity behind the scenes with the players supporting the manager.

And why would he slag off his boss and employers anyway?

I've just forgotten actually, most of you would rather see the team lose so Kean gets sacked.

I was disappointed with the last two performances but I want us to win the next games. I'd rather start winning and Kean stays than keep losing and Kean goes.

well obviously but its not an ideal world and from where i am sitting we are right on course for relegation with a decent squad, the common denominator surely is Kean

Guest Rovers4Good

They've just done another press conference over there and it all looks rosey for Kean.

Also, Dunny has come out and said that he's never heard booing in the nature we have done for Kean which is I think that is more than reasonable and he said that Kean and the team are working flat out behind the scenes to get back on track which is great but we'd like to see it in full view of everyone as from what i can see the training is very tactical but not much fitness work and also on the pitch we are far from united.

Agree Dunny and Kean should be out of the door.

Dunny has given a lot to the club and great respect for that but since he came back he's been injured more times than not and when he does play he looks like he's got a caravan on his back.

They've just done another press conference over there and it all looks rosey for Kean.

Also, Dunny has come out and said that he's never heard booing in the nature we have done for Kean which is I think that is more than reasonable and he said that Kean and the team are working flat out behind the scenes to get back on track which is great but we'd like to see it in full view of everyone as from what i can see the training is very tactical but not much fitness work and also on the pitch we are far from united.

Dunny has given a lot to the club and great respect for that but since he came back he's been injured more times than not and when he does play he looks like he's got a caravan on his back.

Its the clever Kean PR machine at work again, after getting other senior pro's onside by way of contracts he's now started on the local boy.

Guest Rovers4Good

Yes and let's face it the only reason they took Dunn was so he could tie up the sale of his house with Venkmania as he's not gonna be playing in the friendly. :(

Dunny should be called Dunnin :)

So Dunny thinks the booing is the loudest he's ever heard, but Kean thinks the majority of the fans are behind him. Can't both be right, can they?

Archived