BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dunny Slags fans

ABBEY

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson only seems interested in trying to get some coaching under his belt from what i can see and as for Robbo he's trying his best to get back in the team but Big Yaks took his place now so it's off to the radio show me thinks. :(

BPF you've just well and truely hit the nail on the head. :)

He knows he's well past it and can probably see that if he sticks up for these people then there may be a brand new contract in there for him to remain on the treatment table for another year. :)

It's common knowledge that quite a lot of professional footballers are a bit brain dead when it comes to being in the real world, I thought better of dunny but with his ill timed comments he proves that theory correct.

So if i could have all that local paper coverage it would be put to better use, but as i don't have that opportunity i will say get off your backside dunny, get fit and help the team, that's what you are paid for, and finally Andy Cryer stop printing this BS please, we are not stupid.

• Backroom

If Dunn wants to support Kean, I suggest that he get fit and play hard on the pitch.

And the players whose views I am most interested in are Nelson and Robbo. They've been consistent professionals, have never quit and seem to have the best interests of the club at heart.

Nelsen backed Ince right up until the end - he'll probably do the same for Kean. I'm not really interested in what the players say. Regardless of whether training is excellent or "Keano" lets you do whatever you want and rewards you with nice big contracts the fact is he ain't good enough and his record proves this.

Guest Rovers4Good

David Dunn: please sod off to the level of football you are fit for: Evostick

venkys out

kean out

Just like his mate Marlon Broomes did? lol

I think Dunn just wants a new contract from Kean, thats why he is sucking up because he knows any new manager will ship him out at the end of the season as Dunn is finished as a Prem Player. We should never of resigned Dunn cause since he has been back he has always been one step forward and two steps back.

Guest Rovers4Good

Yeh he's defo out for a new contract but i was glad he was coming back and had very high hopes for him and wished the injury nightmare was behind him and thought yeh this could be Roy of the Rovers stuff and he does seem to put 3 or 4 games under his belt then get injured again.

Let's face it Dunn fit would be a great acquisition for a Championship club but feel his days as a Premier League player are well behind him and if he does get a new contract he'll be playing in the Championship next season anyway with Porky in charge. :(

Shearer has been a tit towards rovers for a while now. Everything coming out of Wilcox is positivity which is rather stupid, and what does Dunny know about getting real. He doesn't even know what real football is all about these days.

Him and Grella have been collecting money, and for doing what? They should follow what Abidal did, and said he only wants a 1 year contract, because he doesn't want to take advantage of the club. And this was from a man who couldn't play due to a serious ilness. Dunny should shut the (Please don't use that word again) up, because the fans are paying good money, and if results are not forth coming, then they have every right to vent their anger.

dunny you tosser. your telling us fans to get real...with regard to the protests from saturday and saying that keith andrews was hounded out of the club. you didn't say this was the fault of the fans, but you didn't have to. why you ignoring the past 10 months?? oh and one last thing :

SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A MODEL PRO, LEADING BY EXAMPLE?? YOU'VE HAD A WEIGHT PROBLEM SINCE GOD KNOWS WHEN AT ROVERS AND YOU'VEN SUPPED MORE PINTS THAN MOST FOOTBALLERS. YOUR TELLING THE FANS TO GET REAL...LOOK IN A MIRROR YOU FOOL.

I cant disagree with a lot of what Dunny has said.

• Booing and protesting during games can be counter productive, and does affect the team
  • We have hounded players at the club over the years.
  • We need to put on a united front.
  • Admitting that things arent good

He is hardly going to come out and say Kean out is he ? Also hasnt directly backed Kean either - only saying that they are working hard.

Absolutely 100% correct. He can hardly stand there with a Kean out banner can he?

Shearer has been a tit towards rovers for a while now. Everything coming out of Wilcox is positivity which is rather stupid, and what does Dunny know about getting real. He doesn't even know what real football is all about these days.

Him and Grella have been collecting money, and for doing what? They should follow what Abidal did, and said he only wants a 1 year contract, because he doesn't want to take advantage of the club. And this was from a man who couldn't play due to a serious ilness. Dunny should shut the (Please don't use that word again) up, because the fans are paying good money, and if results are not forth coming, then they have every right to vent their anger.

Probably because he got booed whenever he came back. The greatest player to pull on the blue and white halves and that's how he was treated. Absolute scandal

He can come out with the usual 'we are all behind the gaffer, giving 100%' guff no problem, but telling the fans to 'get real' and that we are a club on the up is a complete slap in the face to the fanbase.

Cryer has royally stitched him up with the LET board. He actually says maybe "we" need to get real, in reference to looking at the city bench.

And he even says it's not about backing the manager or owners, distancing himself from them.

Basically asking for everyone to pull in the right direction, which is not that extraordinary

Who says he's Rovers greatest ever player? I take it you never saw Bryan Douglas or Ronnie Clayton. He shat on the club.

No i never had the pleasure, was not born. Shearer shat on the club by returning to his home town team, giving 100k of his money to the Rovers community programme? Wow

. The greatest player to pull on the blue and white halves and that's how he was treated. Absolute scandal

Alan Shearer was the best centre forward I have seen in a Rovers shirt but he is not the greatest player by a long way. The abuse he gets when he comes back to Ewood is justified in view of his treatment towards the club in his final year. As for David Dunn, his comments are an insult to the fans.

Absolutely 100% correct. He can hardly stand there with a Kean out banner can he?

Dunn wasn't presented with a choice of

a] tell the fans to "get real"

b] join in and hold a "Kean out" banner

He didn't have to say anything at all. If he was interviewed and asked the question, he could have been diplomatic and given a generic answer of "we're as frustrated as the fans but we're working to put it right etc etc etc".

I have no idea what he thought was to gain by aggravating a group of supporters who are already emotive about the situation.

We have been pulling in the same direction for 9 months, howeverthere comes a time when a revolt is necessary, things can't simply plod on like they have been.

I agree 100%. But we are turning on everyone that disagrees or offers a sound bite that's not "Get Kean Out". I have always prided Rovers fans having more class than the majority of other fans, we need to keep that trait.

Alan Shearer was the best centre forward I have seen in a Rovers shirt but he is not the greatest player by a long way. The abuse he gets when he comes back to Ewood is justified in view of his treatment towards the club in his final year. As for David Dunn, his comments are an insult to the fans.

Well i should have said the best i have seen in my lifetime, so i apologise for that. So how did Shearer treat us in his final year? He missed the last few games as we let him have an op to be ready for Euro 96. I think he had earned that.

Dunn wasn't presented with a choice of

a] tell the fans to "get real"

b] join in and hold a "Kean out" banner

He didn't have to say anything at all. If he was interviewed and asked the question, he could have been diplomatic and given a generic answer of "we're as frustrated as the fans but we're working to put it right etc etc etc".

I have no idea what he thought was to gain by aggravating a group of supporters who are already emotive about the situation.

I don't see where he says the fans need to get real. We, as a club, need to get real, which could be interpreted to mean 100's of things. The LET board says he tells fans to get real, as i said above, Cryer done him there.

Really disappointing, disrespectful comments from Dunn.

He was/is a fans favourite and as a local lad should see our point of view more than others.

A bit of a slap in the face for fans, he should have kept quiet.

KEAN OUT!!!

VENKYS OUT!!!

ANDERSON OUT!!!

DUNN OUT!!!

I understand that the over the top, personal abuse aimed at Dunny is partly fuelled by our shredded nerves and total frustration but I want to say that I think the personal, vicious comments are out of order.

Every one of us (yes, you) was singing David Dunn is blue n white not too long ago, years after the jibes about his weight and commitment started.

He deserves some slack but never receives any.

We all know his telegraph article will not be his genuine views, he is just defending his mates and employer because he was asked to show solidarity by the club.

I do not agree with his comments, far from it, so I will say his comments are misguided and ill-timed. I will not have a personal a go at him, he is one of my favourite ever home grown players who has had some rough luck with injuries.

Please keep your replies respectful and constructive.

I completely see what you are saying and do agree that some of the comments at Dunny have been a bit vicious and certainly unfair but I don't agree it's showing solidarity between the club, if anything it makes things worse. People must remember that it is the fans that make up the club first and foremost, without us there is no club.

Then there's the fact that the concern from us has been aimed at the manager, not the players, but by him choosing to back the manager and criticise the fans then it makes it a bigger issue, not only are our concerns aimed at the managers, now some of us are starting to resent some of the players!

IF we are wrong to criticise the manager Dunny then what makes you so right in criticising us? Of course I don't expect him to come out and slate the manager or anything like that but sometimes it's simply better to say nothing at all.

EDIT: Oh and just to add, I'm sick of hearing about "IF we hadn't missed two penalties against Everton then we would blah blah blah" Who the hell cares, we DID miss 2 penalties, not due to a matter of luck, due to them being poor penalties, just like every penalty missed is a poor penalty, not down to 'luck'. IF IF IF IF, Who cares about IF, you know what guys, IF we had won every game 28-0 this season we'd be top. Or if you do really want to bring IF and LUCK into it on a more relevant note then where would we be without 2 own goals and an offside goal against Arsenal?

I don't really want to go over old ground Speedie Dived. Most fans take on the subject was that we let him finish the season early to have the op so he could put himself in the Euro shop window and engineer a move away from Rovers. I'd have more time for the guy if he'd have come out and said " I've gone as far as I can at Blackburn, I need a new challenge, I'm off at the end of the season". Nothing wrong with that, everyone is entitled to freedom of movement, it's just the snidey way he went about it.

All respect I had for him went then. Boo him ? I couldn't be bothered, he's just bad news to me.

He'll never be spoken of in the same light as Ronnie and Bryan.

Probably because he got booed whenever he came back. The greatest player to pull on the blue and white halves and that's how he was treated. Absolute scandal

Damn right. I don't know whether its an age thing or something but the casual insulting of some of our past legends like Shearer is faintly nauseating. If it is an age thing then some people on here need to go buy our season videos from 1992-96 off ebay or something and show a bit of gratitude and respect for the greatest player most of us have ever seen in the flesh.

As for the increasingly childish insults being meated out to Dunn, as one or two people have said, he's talking about his boss! If your boss was **** but you loved your job, don't you think its likely you'd stick up for him anyway? Take what he says in public as a pinch of salt and don't get so worked up because players aren't joining in with the protest. They're in a totally different situation to the fans and their contribution is irrelevant anyway.

What the hell was he going to say?? Do people really expect him to slag off his manager in the press??? The same situation with Jason Roberts, regardless of what they think, they're hardly going to rock the boat when their career depends on getting selected every saturday afternoon by Kean. Dont take these comments too seriously and move on. Players not wanting to p*ss off their manager isn't headline news.

What the hell was he going to say?? Do people really expect him to slag off his manager in the press??? The same situation with Jason Roberts, regardless of what they think, they're hardly going to rock the boat when their career depends on getting selected every saturday afternoon by Kean. Dont take these comments too seriously and move on. Players not wanting to p*ss off their manager isn't headline news.

There's ways and means of making a comment on the situation without putting the fans' noses out of joint.

As has already been remarked a number of times on this thread.

Archived