BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

Read the article more carefully before you jump to conclusions.

I said non-league not football league.

National journalists are sympathetic? If Rovers fans can't read the media agenda, they are in deep trouble. The media are not sympathetic to any side of an argument. Their job is to promote opinion as interestingly as possible not to be honourable in their reporting. Journalists have a lot of sympathy with the fans! Brilliant.

No-one can contest anyone's right to protest. Just don't expect to be booing the blokes on the pitch one minute and then going crazy at Kean for not producing the goods the next as though fan protests during the game have nothing to do with it.

If you have been patient this year, well done.

Who's booing the blokes on the pitch?

Journalists go with an angle that makes the best copy, very few are taking the mick out of our deluded support but are choosing to lead with the Kean out protests, ie we have just seen by the nationals ignoring Venky's PR junket in India and going with the Kean Out banner in Pune.

That's fine by me.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the article more carefully before you jump to conclusions.

I said non-league not football league.

National journalists are sympathetic? If Rovers fans can't read the media agenda, they are in deep trouble. The media are not sympathetic to any side of an argument. Their job is to promote opinion as interestingly as possible not to be honourable in their reporting. Journalists have a lot of sympathy with the fans! Brilliant.

No-one can contest anyone's right to protest. Just don't expect to be booing the blokes on the pitch one minute and then going crazy at Kean for not producing the goods the next as though fan protests during the game have nothing to do with it.

If you have been patient this year, well done.

your post was a load of crap hence the big minus you are getting

The important issue is that it is the team that 18,000 supporters come to Ewood Park to support. Relegation is already looming and I am sure that the last thing the players want to see DURING the game, are banners with "KEAN OUT" on them. Before the game, half time and even full time for banners, but not during the game. A banner was taken down during the game in India yesterday by the authorities. Will the Rovers stewards be taking the same stance if banners are displayed DURING the game on the Spurs game.? Yes, the situation is grim at the club with nobody actually appearing to be in charge since the departures of John Williams, Tom Finn, Richard Matthewman etc, etc. but it is vital that the players are shown the support from the faithful supporters before it is too late to save the club from relegation.

are you and markread a double act?

You are contributing some of the most imbecilic material I have seen on this board in weeks.

That's because I haven't been on here for weeks.

And I am speaking out against the tide of opinion. Wow.

Might be better for some of those who believe there is only one point of view worth having to leave their computers for a bit and speak to some real live Rovers fans. Could be difficult though when you live in Hemel Hempstead, New York or wherever.

Better just wind a few people up about matches I never attend via the internet.

Won't be long before everybody will know everybody else down at Ewood, anyway.

Nothing to do with the post on this messageboard, though, eh?

Getting lots of minuses? I'm crushed. Better not tell my friends.

Might be better for some of those who believe there is only one point of view worth having to leave their computers for a bit and speak to some real live Rovers fans. Could be difficult though when you live in Hemel Hempstead, New York or wherever.

But just wind a few people up about matches I never attend via the internet.

let your guard down there

Dingle

I wish you were right.

The protests, if they continue and they become more vociferous will indeed make Kean and the owners take notice.

Bet you think I'm shadowing you!

No, no.........I enjoy the banter very much. The funny thing is..............although I am usually "glass half-full" on here, I am anything but when i am watching the games - believe me! This is why I think results will ultimately move the owners into action. Let's hope it's not too late!

Friend. I go to almost every game. You apparently live in Australia. You might not even be a Rovers fan but some sort of troll. Posts like this are part of the problem. You are contributing irresponsibly to the destruction of this club.

Q.E.D

Better just wind a few people up about matches I never attend via the internet.

Getting lots of minuses? I'm crushed. Better not tell my friends.

The tide of opinion is there for a reason.

This MB is made up of a mixture of lots of people who live in and around Blackburn, some who have lived in Blackburn who are now living elsewhere and others who live a varying degree of distance away. It's made up of people who go to every home and away game, those with season tickets, those who attend games every so often and those who've spent huge amount of savings to travel from thousands of miles away just to see Rovers play for the first time.

But by now, most of us are united (at long last) behind a common cause. Because it's utterly obvious to most people who have a clue.

You clearly don't mate.

In the kingdom of the blind.

No, I'm no Dingle, though I have been to the Turf.

I watched Rovers vs. Burnley in 1977 from the Bee Hole End with my brother and two relatives.

The Rovers end was sold out so we took our chance.

We had our Rovers scarves on, too. Although I admit they were well hidden.

Top that for a true blue, pal.

I also have sympathy for the mainstream opinion on here, TonyGale'smic, if you read my original post. But some decided to go in for generalisations and, as often happens, the tide takes everyone out with it. (So to speak).

I watched Rovers vs. Burnley in 1977 from the Bee Hole End with my brother and two relatives.

That was thirty four years ago.

Now you're speaking up against Rovers fans who are making a stand.

You might aswell be a dingle now if you're going to do that.

No Rover would call the dingle dome the turf

its TURD

outed twice

No Rover would call the dingle dome the turf

its TURD

outed twice

Unbelievably, this Rovers fan does.

Equally unbelievably, I also have friends who are Burnley fans and I picked it up off them.

But you can call it a mispronunciation if you like.

Stay cool, friend.

After all, what's the worst that can happen. Actually, better not go down that road again...

Unbelievably, this Rovers fan does.

Equally unbelievably, I also have friends who are Burnley fans and I picked it up off them.

But you can call it a mispronunciation if you like.

Stay cool, friend.

After all, what's the worst that can happen. Actually, better not go down that road again...

give it up sunshine

give it up sunshine

OK. Got to go out. Erm, sonny Jim.

Just one final thing, though. Burning India flags might seem like a cracking statement on here and even interest journalists but those photos probably won't be understood by everybody in the way you might want them to be.

Oh, and journalists don't tend to be very loyal people especially when it comes to supporting those who might break the law.

Hope no-one is seriously considering burning an Indian flag. I couldn't think of a better way to guarantee being portrayed as mindless, racist thugs and alienate everyone apart from the EDL from a cause which most people would support if they knew what was going on down there. Hope to be able to join the march, Sunday train services allowing.

The stewards are there because they are legally obliged to be for health and safety reasons, not to side with a section of the crowd, however vociferous.

I suppose catering staff should only sell stuff to fans who want Kean out as well, should they?

It's this kind of narrow-minded nonsense that is contributing to the situation at the club.

Go to football a few rungs down the ladder into non-league if you want to find real fans. No matter what the fans feelings about the clubs are, the matches I have been to in the lower leagues are totally different in terms of how fans support their teams. In my opinion, Rovers fans who protest in the matches are adding to their own troubles. And denying responsibility.

It's not just the administration of the club that's got half of football laughing behind its hands.

Easy tiger, I think you have missed the point. What I was saying is that if we go down quite a few of the current staff will not be required due to the natural drop in attendance. In simple terms for you less crowd = less support staff. How is that narrow minded nonsense?

If you don't want to protest nobody is making you.

Hope no-one is seriously considering burning an Indian flag.

seconded!!

i also think anyone who does this would get bad reaction out of the people around them. Actions like this can not and will not be condoned at ewood park and the majority of fan's will make sure it does not happen

seconded!!

i also think anyone who does this would get bad reaction out of the people around them. Actions like this can not and will not be condoned at ewood park and the majority of fan's will make sure it does not happen

It was only a throwaway comment by somebody. Everybody needs to stop bringing it up.

Tonyoz's wish for results prompting the owners into doing the right thing is rather hopeful. They have shown that they will not shift their opinion on Kean and results do not matter. Only angry, loud vociferous (and non-violent) action will pressure them. There is terrorist actions like bombing their new house, but that is complete crazy talk, just like burning the Indian flag. If protests fail, then we must abandon the club until the chicken ____ers get out of town.

If protests fail, then we must abandon the club until the chicken ____ers get out of town.

i have said it before and i still believe that the biggest way to make them sit up and notice is to pick a home game and get as many people as possible to boycott it.

however we would need at least 10,000 fans to do this and stick to it for it to make the desired impact. If achieved it would speak volumes, however whether there are enough people willing to make this stand is another matter.

Why don't we ask everyone to wear a different colour, someone suggested Red Cards, but I think a different coloured top would make a much larger visual impact.

I don't care what colour it is, probably a bright one is better, but this would be good for the Spuds match.

As for the Cup game, what is the "Official" protest stand point? Are we going or are we boycotting (I prefer the latter)

Why don't we ask everyone to wear a different colour, someone suggested Red Cards, but I think a different coloured top would make a much larger visual impact.

Ugh... Like the Man. Utd fans sitting around in their green & gold scarves.

Everyone knows what they have to do, they just don't have the gumption to do it.

I don't care what colour it is, probably a bright one is better, but this would be good for the Spuds match.

As for the Cup game, what is the "Official" protest stand point? Are we going or are we boycotting (I prefer the latter)

I have chose not to attend this game, and this is something everyone must chose for themselves, I have also cancelled plans to go to the away games for the short-term until the club starts talking some sense. I don't feel I should be parting with anymore money than I need to, if the club is not putting it to good use.

The reason there is no planned protest for this game, is Kean will use it if we win as a statistic, This game will have no effect on our league position.

I Imagine those who attend will show their anger and protest anyway, all the efforts are going into the Spurs fixture regardless of the results against QPR and Newcastle

i started a thread on this last night for people to discuss what the best option is for this one, i would be interested to see what the majority feel

In terms of the protest, difficult one, as a simple Kean Out message appears highly personal - appreciate he is a major part of the problem however there would need to be fundamental changes in the running of the club for us to progress again.

Archived