BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

Glenn, not here to doubt your words or have a go but your original post in this surprised me as it appears a little reserved for you - was somebody watching over your shoulder as knowing you I'm sure you wouldn't have held back given the opportunity? ;)

No but expect much more of that from me. One thing I learnt personally from India is just how words can be taken, twisted (and even made up). I now think very very carefully about everything I say and type in case it gets publicized to support a point I don't believe in.

two players - Would you care to name the players you bumped into and their comments?

No. I think that's unfair on them and wouldn't want to get them in trouble (I don't know, but I'm sure they'll have been warned "careful what you say to the fans, they'll only go an publish it on the internet").

Faction in the equation - .. sounds interesting, could we be right in thinking there is sometHing else planned for the future with regard to meetings etc or is this in your own views.

No, it's just that as I learn more info about things, my opinion can change. I've learnt that if you're adamant about something and what you learn changes your mind, the back peddling can be hard work. So it's easier to be open minded. That said, one of the first things asked in both meeting was continued open and wider discourse with the fan base.

Care - you may have done this, but it needed to be stressed about the 'situ' of Kean - if they care as you say this decision solely top's the list and this they must understand.

It was stressed. Tom handled that one expertly.

told - or what they wanted you to hear?

Only time (and actions) will tell, but I genuinely feel they were sincere.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't be answering these things until our official comments are published (as they'll have been checked to make sure nothing can be taken the wrong way .... unlike my ramblings on here).

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll wait until we've done our write up of the meeting, but his response to that question (well, a question about some of the quotes they are reported as saying) was very telling.

That's kinda my point. Ultimately results (and the actions that lead to those results) are what people will be judged on and remembered for, but I was merely highlighting that irrespective of those, I believe they do care.

I know a lot of fans that don't read this forum or Vital or roversmad or twitter or any other internet forums out there. All they have seen is the reports on local news and newspapers and they don't know anything else what is going on (except what I tell them after reading on here and other internet forums).

When the "brilliant manager" quote came out the headline in the Lancashire Telegraph was "Unbelievable" and this is the kind of thing that most fans are seeing and reading.

I can't wait to read and hear about your experiences but I hope the "good news" that you keep mentioning gets out to more than a few hundred people that read internet forums because so far the communication that most fans are getting is mixed and confusing.

Come off it Glenn, the ONLY sign of dissent in Ewood Park after a year of this nonsense was at 3-0 down against City.

The management of this club have got off bloody lightly and the players have had excellent backing home and away. However, now the time has come to support the greater good and if that upsets highly paid mercenaries passing through, then so be it.

Absolutely spot-on.

We have to keep the pressure on now that the end game is in sight.

IMO, if these overrated, overpaid and overindulgent 'mercenaries' can't handle it, then, tough and to quote Dunn "get real" - just feck-off and get a 'normal' job like all supporters.

Pune 9 also need to very quickly publish what they discussed. They were representing the fans weren't they ?

While I can the view and I'm sure protests do have an impact on staff and players I'm afraid I view it as irrelevant in the long term.

This may sound excessive but it is my view, quite seriously, that no one within the ownership, football management, playing staff or club management is taking sufficient action to arrest what could be the terminal decline of Rovers. I realise the Pune 9 report may well disprove this view but unless we are shown plans and ideas for Ewiood not India I will maintain it.

The club us dieing in front of us and there is now nothing left but fan protest. People protested before arsenal and supported the team. We supported the team till 3 - 0 against City when for me the anger, frustration and despair could not be held back. I felt as bad as the times I've seen the club relegated.

The club is not dying. Results are not good at the moment but they are being closely monitored and action will be taken if and when necessary.

If the players are affected now I suspect they are in for one hell of a shock if it goes badly wrong against Spurs. The fans have to turn the heat up on the Raos and Kean. No one else cares about our club. The players will leave snd forget, the Raos don't give a sh1t about Blackburn, LANCASHIRE though I accept they may well be a touch embarrassed in Pune.

1. 1. The players we have at the moment do in the main really care about the club. They may be highly paid professionals but they are human.
  2. 2.The Raos care very deeply about the club. You would actually be surprised about how much they know and care about the club, the players, the history of the club, the town of Blackburn and the county of Lancashire.

At the end of last season the players proved when the chips are down they can do it. If we don't start playing in the next few games we will be relegated by Christmas. The January window is too late

I don't want to protest, I have no plan to protest again but I may well do against Spurs. It's purely an emotional reaction.

The fans are the only people left. If we don't act nothing will happen because our owners and management at all levels DO NOT CARE.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

If a few players get upset so be it, when they retire for life in their early 30s I'm sure it will worry them every day

Well, personally I do care about the players and as I say, they are human. I know most of them personally, the club may be their employers but they really do love it too.

Paul, there is so much that is wrong in your post I feel compelled to reply. I truly understand your concern but I believe many have completely misunderstood the situation. However, I also see that many are so set in their view of it that they just want to dig their heels in and disbelieve any positivity. Unfortunately this is only going to have a detrimental effect and is truly not the way to go.

Glenn- sorry but there is no way the owners care about the club as much as the fans do.

If they did we wouldn't have no experienced chairman, md, assistant manager and the worst manager in the league running the show.

They have the power to change things and the fact they are doing nothing shows how little they care about the consequences.

Paul, there is so much that is wrong in your post I feel compelled to reply. I truly understand your concern but I believe many have completely misunderstood the situation. However, I also see that many are so set in their view of it that they just want to dig their heels in and disbelieve any positivity. Unfortunately this is only going to have a detrimental effect and is truly not the way to go.

cmon on do you think us "fans" are daft? what have we misunderstood,we are in real danger of going down for the 2nd time since they took over? positivity(apart from your relationship with them) ? what way should we go ?down because thats the way we are going? i dont trust anyone who has only been to see us ONCE and uses us a publicty stunt only.

Glenn- sorry but there is no way the owners care about the club as much as the fans do.

If they did we wouldn't have no experienced chairman, md, assistant manager and the worst manager in the league running the show.

They have the power to change things and the fact they are doing nothing shows how little they care about the consequences.

The backroom staff who have come in are extremely competent, and more are planned. They also care deeply about the club and have already grown to love it.

The owners are more than aware of consequences but they want to run the club in the best possible way - yes there have been hiccups along the way but their credibility and passion should never be in doubt. Plans are in place to improve matters but you have to appreciate Rome wasn't built in a day.

I think the whole argument about players being paid enough to deal with booing is a bit stupid.

Just because they get paid millions a year, doesnt mean that they're suddenly less human than you or me, nor does it mean that they get impacted by booing any less.

It might fire up some players, it might demotivate others.

They get paid for their football skills anyway, not their ability to keep cool under pressure.

Totally agree with this. Footballers aren't paid a lot because they're greedy or whatever. They're paid a lot because if you have a popular, limited product in a capitalist economy, its value will soar. Economics, not personal preference, determines how much footballers get paid. Everyone stop getting Sky Sports and hey presto, no more huge wages.

Their pay doesn't make them any more immune to criticism than say a top actor would be if you booed them throughout shooting scenes for a film. Entertainers/sportsmen work on confidence, if you knock their confidence, they will perform at a lower standard. Its as simple as that. So those citing their pay as a reason for why abuse shouldn't affect them are wrong in my opinion.

However I also agree with the point that because the abuse is not towards them, its towards Kean, in this instance they should just shut up and deal with it. I also agree that our performances can't get any worse so abusing Kean during games isn't really losing us anything.

The majority of us can only go off the owners' public pronouncements when trying to decide whether they care. Unfortunately they have treated the fans with contempt with what they have all said - vast majority of fans are happy with Kean, he is a brilliant manager etc. This along with their seriously flawed decision making since they took over is why I don't believe they care.

I may well be wrong I can only say things as I see them. I am quite ready to begin believing in and trusting the Raos when they prove worthy of it. I've said this time and time again. The problem is to date they have got everything wrong.

roversmum you went as a guest, you're not on the FF or bound by what they have to do as a body. You've been fortunate to meet these people. So what have I, and thousands of others, misunderstood? Did JW get forced out or not - what is the truth? Why was Allardyce sacked? What about Tom Finn? What about all the other good people? Why have the words in the offer document been so totally ignored? Was the club really such a shambles and so corrupt the Raos had to dismiss all these folk? Why has Paul Hunt never even bothered to introduce himself to the support?

There are so many questions and our team is in severe danger of relegation from which we may never recover.

Why will nobody speak to us? Why? Why? Why?

How can we misunderstand a situation when we have been told nothing?

Do you really believe Steve Kean can turn this around? I don't. The players could, they could ignore him and go out and play football like they played at Wolves and give us a glimmer of hope.

If you know you really should tell us all because for me I can't take it for much longer.

......and you know how I mean this even though I can't get the tone right in written words.

The backroom staff who have come in are extremely competent, and more are planned. They also care deeply about the club and have already grown to love it.

The owners are more than aware of consequences but they want to run the club in the best possible way - yes there have been hiccups along the way but their credibility and passion should never be in doubt. Plans are in place to improve matters but you have to appreciate Rome wasn't built in a day.

It wasn't a rebuilding job until the, IMV, buffoons decided to sack everyone with experience, knowledge and competence.

Not being funny, know you are very pro Rovers but since returning from Pune, seems like you have been brainwashed !

'Hiccups along the way'.

You can't really believe that mum? So Venky's have swotted up on the history of their big money purchase, and that makes their abysmal decision making better how?

'Rome wasn't built in a day', only problem being, it was already built until the Rao's bulldozed it.

This club does have massive issues, Steve Kean being the most obvious.

rome wasnt built in a day but the solid backroom was already there and they ripped it out!

passion theyve attended ewood 2? 3? times in 11 months? run the club in the best possible way? KEAN IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE BEST.

no offence but i think they have brainwashed you mum :tu:

well when the manager they appointed is their big hiccup and they publicly describe him as brilliant and talented, then brush off the concerns of the majority of supporters by pretending we are a minority what on earth can we think about them?

promises of big budgets, yet they have made a net spend profit, talks of big names, we landed Yakubu, "were going in the right direction" yet we all beg to differ. "were not worried" well we all are.

the comments they come out with regarding the manager and the good performances are all rubbish and comments like that are why the fans and the media are saying incompetent - that's how they are coming across.

Rome was not built in a day, however this football club is not being run half as good as it was 12 months ago.

I still think Venky's can turn it around, however they need to do one simple thing and no matter how much this is made obvious to them, they still seem incapable of doing that.

cmon on do you think us "fans" are daft? what have we misunderstood,we are in real danger of going down for the 2nd time since they took over? positivity(apart from your relationship with them) ? what way should we go ?down because thats the way we are going? i dont trust anyone who has only been to see us ONCE and uses us a publicty stunt only.

I wouldn't say daft, Abbey, but I will say it until I am blue in the face. I know it isn't what you think you want to hear - obviously as you put a minus on my reply to Paul - but the situation is being closely monitored and any danger to our Premiership status will be rectified. Steve will sort his own future out by getting or not getting results, which are being closely monitored and will be acted upon when deemed necessary.

In any case, the owners have absolutely no intention of asset stripping or any other such fantasy that people are so worried about. They are in it for the long term, they want success as much as the fans do - probably more, but they want the fans with them and not against them.

There will be more communication with fans in the near future and more chances for fans to put their concerns personally but closing your mind to anything positive that is said is really not helping your cause.

Incidentally there are always representatives from Venky's at matches, home and away. I met several of them who had actually been to Ewood Park. These are mainly executives of the company, extremely intelligent people who are extremely enthusiastic about the Club and eager to talk about it!

rome wasnt built in a day but the solid backroom was already there and they ripped it out!

passion theyve attended ewood 2? 3? times in 11 months? run the club in the best possible way? KEAN IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE BEST.

no offence but i think they have brainwashed you mum :tu:

No, Abbey, you know I love you :wub: but you are the one who is brainwashed by all the tripe people keep writing and believing!!

Incidentally - regarding the backroom staff - it has been said many times that a new regime means changes. Some changes are popular and some are not. I don't take a blanket view and in no way would I ever say a word against the old regime but maybe the early decisions were mistakes, maybe there were reasons that we cannot know, maybe the wrong people were trusted and the wrong advice given, maybe the new ways and what was expected of them was not acceptable to those in situ. There are so many ifs and maybes that only those people know the truth.

New ideas sometimes are difficult to accept, and it has to be said, there were those who were in some sort of comfort zone.

I have not been brainwashed any more than those who keep quoting the same old stuff but we have the chance to go forward and rebuild, the first steps have been taken, others will follow.

One thing I have learned, although I probably already knew it, is just how much the media twists and edits quotes and views to suit its own agendas - Glenn has said more or less the same in another post.

Obviously the current anxiety is the performance on the pitch, but there really is no need for protests etc. Just get behind the team to the best of your ability.

Keep the faith, the future is blue and white.

I wouldn't say daft, Abbey, but I will say it until I am blue in the face. I know it isn't what you think you want to hear - obviously as you put a minus on my reply to Paul - but the situation is being closely monitored and any danger to our Premiership status will be rectified. Steve will sort his own future out by getting or not getting results, which are being closely monitored and will be acted upon when deemed necessary.

You don't think there's currently any danger to our premiership status Mum?

I can assure you there is, and has been for a while now.

"but the situation is being closely monitored and any danger to our Premiership status will be rectified. Steve will sort his own future out by getting or not getting results, which are being closely monitored and will be acted upon when deemed necessary"

Our premiership status IS in danger and they have rectified it by calling the manager "Brilliant", alienated 99% of fans by their deluded press releases and are now using their new "bezzie mates" from Blackburn to try and silence the dissenters. No amount of PR can hide the fact we were a stable club pre-Venky's, it's now a complete laughing stock in freefall. How anyone can say otherwise has spent too long with the owners.

PS - how is Steve? <_<

In any case, the owners have absolutely no intention of asset stripping or any other such fantasy that people are so worried about. They are in it for the long term, they want success as much as the fans do - probably more, but they want the fans with them and not against them.

There will be more communication with fans in the near future and more chances for fans to put their concerns personally but closing your mind to anything positive that is said is really not helping your cause.

Incidentally there are always representatives from Venky's at matches, home and away. I met several of them who had actually been to Ewood Park. These are mainly executives of the company, extremely intelligent people who are extremely enthusiastic about the Club and eager to talk about it!

No, Abbey, you know I love you :wub: but you are the one who is brainwashed by all the tripe people keep writing and believing!!

1.DO THE VENKYS AA(AND MUM) NOT THINK OR BELIEVE WE ARE IN REAL DANGER OF RELEGATION ?

2.STEVES RESULTS SHOULD OF SORTED HIS FUTURE OUT NOW!!!!!

3.THEY WANT SUCESS MORE THAN THE FANS!!!!! I DONT THINK SO!!!! MY FAMILY HAVE BEEN FANS SINCE MY GREAT GRANDADS TIME AND HE WAS ON EWOOD V BOLTON FOR THE BIG GATE. DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THEY WANT WANT MORE THAN LIFELONG FANS?

4. THEY WANT FANS "WITH " THEM ? THEY NEED TO STOP SPROUNTIN BULL FOR ONE!

5. THE EXECUTIVES? THE OWNER HAS BEEN ONCE!!!

6. WHAT TRIPE ARE PEOPLE WRITING MUM? KEAN IS BRILLIANT, CL ,EUROPE, BECKHAM,MARADONNA,RONNY,RIQUELME,HOW WELLL WEVE PLAYED???

I STILL LOVE YA MUMMY (((HUGS))))

With what kind of knowledge of football, running a premier league team, recognising managerial talent.

I've met many an intelligent person that didn't have a clue about what they were supposed to be doing to enhance the company...

Sorry mum, we need professionals who know what they are doing, and we need them now.

Archived