BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

Steve Kean says Blackburn’s owners are ‘rock solid’ behind him.

But if Rovers wind up bottom of the Premier League on Saturday night - which will happen if they lose at QPR while Bolton beat Wigan - they could face crowd unrest.

Kean is celebrating the appointment of new No.2 Paul Clement as a triumph and a sign that the club's Indian rulers back him – despite growing calls for his head from the paying public.

The Scot and his players spent a week at the Venky’s HQ in the Indian city of Pune, where he got full support to bring in old friend and former Chelsea coach Clement.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-can-go-bottom-with-loss-to-QPR-but-Steve-Kean-convinced-still-has-backing-of-owners-article812001.html#ixzz1anRHoD6u

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean says Blackburn’s owners are ‘rock solid’ behind him.

But if Rovers wind up bottom of the Premier League on Saturday night - which will happen if they lose at QPR while Bolton beat Wigan - they could face crowd unrest.

Kean is celebrating the appointment of new No.2 Paul Clement as a triumph and a sign that the club's Indian rulers back him – despite growing calls for his head from the paying public.

The Scot and his players spent a week at the Venky’s HQ in the Indian city of Pune, where he got full support to bring in old friend and former Chelsea coach Clement.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-can-go-bottom-with-loss-to-QPR-but-Steve-Kean-convinced-still-has-backing-of-owners-article812001.html#ixzz1anRHoD6u

Did you see the bit where Kean said that he was pleased that Rovers had prised Clement away from Chelsea? inferring that Rovers had managed to take Clement direct from Chelsea. As far as I know Clement had been binned by Chelsea back in June.

I have just read comments made by the manager...

"I don’t know if you will ever answer the uncertainty. There will be people who want uncertainty, who will seek a bit of confusion - for whatever reason... The owners were disappointed at the criticism the fans gave us. They found it difficult to understand how in tough times the fans don’t get behind the club, and don’t get behind the manager and the players.

“I said ‘sometimes it will happen when a certain section are not happy for whatever reason’. You could say the same about any club, even the big clubs. You could see a type of demonstration at Manchester United, there was a heavy populated demonstration against the owners, and hopefully we can go the same way as Manchester United have gone and that fades away.”

UNFECKINGBELIEVABLE

"I don’t know if you will ever answer the uncertainty. There will be people who want uncertainty, who will seek a bit of confusion - for whatever reason... The owners were disappointed at the criticism the fans gave us. They found it difficult to understand how in tough times the fans don’t get behind the club, and don’t get behind the manager and the players.

“I said ‘sometimes it will happen when a certain section are not happy for whatever reason’. You could say the same about any club, even the big clubs. You could see a type of demonstration at Manchester United, there was a heavy populated demonstration against the owners, and hopefully we can go the same way as Manchester United have gone and that fades away.”

UNFECKINGBELIEVABLE

I honestly think Kean has missed an opportunity in life,he would make an excellent spin doctor for a political party,our owners are certainly captivated by his charm and wisdom and deep seated knowledge.

There we were the supporters thinking SK was the poorest manager in BRFC HISTORY no all this time its our fault,the Raos don't understand the criticism and the lack of support for the manager.Anyway its only a certain section that are not happy for whatever reason,that must be that 1% again.

No problem anyway once SK gets us all to understand his spin on things,he will be able to turn getting relegated into a positive,and we will soon be challengeing MUFC for the title again.

I don't have an answer but my solid belief is that protesting BEFORE a match is not the way forwards, with the popularity of this thread I must be very much in a minority but there we go. Protest after the match as much as you want, get our point across that we want Kean out! Before the match though? I really don't see the need to do it before, the players have stated it doesn't help, the atmosphere at Ewood has been awful all season.

And we've been here before:

Stuart Metcalfe “The crowd have turned against Steve Kean, you saw that at the last home game and there are similarities between this and the time when Jim Iley was in charge."

and

“Of course the booing gets to you. It got to us as players and it got to the manager, although he tried to keep his head up through."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9306678.Metcalfe__Uphill_struggle_for_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

Yep--can't see what analogy you're drawing here Tonyoz.

Jim Iley was the second worst manager we've ever had and when the the crowd turned against him his position became untenable. Like Ince and like Kean.

The only thing preventing a logical outcome now is the peculiar and unfathomable relationship between Kean and the owners.

He will go though because the tipping point has been reached, the fans will never take to him (except with a sledge-hammer).

It'll just take longer.

The only thing preventing a logical outcome now is the peculiar and unfathomable relationship between Kean and the owners.

He will go though because the tipping point has been reached, the fans will never take to him (except with a sledge-hammer).

It'll just take longer.

Fully agree, the manager has charmed the clueless and declared war on the supporters - There is no way back.

The only thing keeping him in place is apathy and thats rapidly diminishing.

Steve Kean Out NOW, Venky's you have two games....

UNFECKINGBELIEVABLE

You couldn't make this stuff up in your wildest dreams ( or nightmares )... either kean is deliberately trying to wind up the supporters, or He actually has something wrong with Him mentally.

Kean arrogantly states that he has the full backing of the Venkys and pushes it in the faces of the supporters. I now hate this man personally. I can't stand his face, I can't stand his voice and I would love to punch him on his arrogant weasely nose.

Please, sing and shout KEAN OUT for those of us who cant attend the game in person! :tu:

If the owners are there, even better, they will see the "2 %" for themselves. Make it a livin hell for Mr Kock, uhm, i mean Kean, sorry! :rolleyes:

Banners, shouting, singing, It will be magical! :tu:

So up for this next week, all the frustraion will be let out. Just pray it doesn't rain as loads will turn away. Whatever the weather come and show your apathy towards Kean please. He needs to go now, we need to make sure it's loud and extremely prevalent inside and outside the ground. Stay in afterwards, outside Jack Walker reception again, it has to be done. Only problem could be press coverage as it's the same day as the Manchester Derby so MOTD2 etc will give the majority of the time to that.

KEAN OUT

So up for this next week, all the frustraion will be let out. Just pray it doesn't rain as loads will turn away. Whatever the weather come and show your apathy towards Kean please. He needs to go now, we need to make sure it's loud and extremely prevalent inside and outside the ground. Stay in afterwards, outside Jack Walker reception again, it has to be done. Only problem could be press coverage as it's the same day as the Manchester Derby so MOTD2 etc will give the majority of the time to that.

KEAN OUT

I been informed that there may be no protest as kean could leave before Tottenham match i am begin told by someone who i cant name sorry he never off the mark.

The owners knows after tonight result the fans will no longer come and watch rovers of kean silly results.

I been informed that there may be no protest as kean could leave before Tottenham match i am begin told by someone who i cant name sorry he never off the mark.

The owners knows after tonight result the fans will no longer come and watch rovers of kean silly results.

Well. you right on Clement, by god this club needs you to be right again!

Archived