BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

I have always enjoyed Roversmums contributions since joining the forum. I have had toi re-read some of the things that you have written on this thread just to make sure I hadnt misunderstood.

If Rovers were relegated and its a very distinct possibility that we will be - we would NOT get back up at the first attempt, in fact it is my opinion that we would drop further down the league rather than make any concerted effort to regain Premiership status. My reasoning is simple, tv money, over paid wages, lack of crowd/match day income, players sold from the club, the loss of youngsters coming through and the loss of the academy (not sustainable without the Premier League money).

Under Kean, Rovers have lost whatever focus they had when he took on the job. Now we are a rudderless ship flirting with danger and not looking like anything other than a shipwreck waiting to happen. Should we continue with this current regime, we will be relegated by January 1st.

I am not too sure RM why you think otherwise or what you might have learned from your visit. Quite clearly, it is my opinion only, the real buzz that can be given to the livlihood of the club is to sack Kean and NOW.

I am very concerned that our owners have NOT really grasped the reality of the situation. If they had then we would have seen a number 2 appointed by now. I think they may well have discussed the managers position but are clueless as to what to do. Maybe it will be the advise provided by Anderson, maybe it is Mr Hunt (who declines to answer emails btw) maybe its just sheer ignorance based on the horseshit provided by Kean. Oh how I laughed when I read that Rovers had had over 40 shots on target against a 10 man Indian amateur outfit yet had only scored 3 goals, this with a team that cost a few million ! How he thinks the positives from that game can help the team is way beyond me.

I would really love one of the fans who went to meet the family to actually come out and say what exactly WAS said/discussed and only then will us fans be able to understand the situation.

For me, I fully support the outrage of the fans, the protest and the march. Action is needed and Kean needs to be removed. For clearly obvious reasons I have to be careful but good on you Glen for the solid common sense approach to organising the protest.

KEAN OUT !

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I started by saying that I have always respected you as a poster but since your holiday was announced you have suddenly started to tell us that we are wrong to demonstrate, athough we have no other way of showing our concerns and have echoed the Venkys platitudes that everything will be fine. I am not the only one on this thread to remark about it. What other conclusions do you expect us to reach?

That seeing the owners face to face gives you a different viewpoint?

I don't think I'll bother thank you Al. I've been posting long enough and would have hoped that everyone would have realised by now that I only ever have Rovers' best interests at heart.

You do have Rovers best interests at heart. You might have different views on different subjucts but we all want what is best for Blackburn Rovers we support every day of our life.

Roversmum, are you willing to give us more details on the positives you have seen with the owners, and their plans for the future? Actual details, and not future promises of better things in the future.

We can all argue amongst ourselves until the cows come home but no-one will convince me that Venky's have the best interests of the club at heart as long as they continue to employ Steve Kean as manager. Every further day of his tenure is a day nearer to the Championship IMO.

Quite simply, actions speak louder than words.

If we go down, I think we are more likely to go down again (Sheff Utd, Charlton, etc) than get promoted. The support will absolutely crumble (would reasonably anticipate ST holders of sigificantly less than 5 figures) and on matchdays, the stadium will be less than half full like on league cup nights - it will be awful.

So to me, anyone who is prepared to simply let this happen, with a so-called manager who is so far out of his depth its embarrassing, does not genuinely care about the club or its fans, no matter what they might say or 'spin'.

Of course, theres no guarantee that a new manager would save us but its got to be worth a try rather than the nailed-on relegation that will surely happen under Kean.

I attended the march and the post city game sit-in and protest and I will continue to protest on each matchday until Keane is gone. For me, the lads in that Indian ground holding up their 'Kean out' cards spoke far more loudly for regular Rovers fans than the Pune 9 did.

It all comes down to what we all think is right for ourselves now... to carry on believing that things will turn around under the current regime or that they wont.

This thread is meant to be about the planned protest at the Spurs game... it would appear some posters are so full of themselves that they have to go on (and on and on) about a pointless trip (and that goes for both positive and negative posters) to india.

For the pro venky's people here... the protests are going to carry on whether you like it or not and before long it will encompass Venky's as well and if we all have to go to hell in a handcart to see the back of them then so be it.

Many posters and flyers have been distrubuted around Blackburn this evening to local business's ect, More are going to be delivered leading upto the event and people also have them in their cars.

CAN YOU SPOT THEM?

If anyone comes across one in a shop window or Public house window ect then take a picture on your phone and post them here, The business community have put their weight behind this, as if the worst was to happen and Rovers were relegated then it would effect them too in terms of revenue

It didn't seem too much of one to Newcastle and no doubt West Ham will be straight back up. No reason why we couldn't do the same.

No offence Mrs Mum but I find that attitude to relegation frightening. How much did it cost Jack Walker to subsidise those two years in the Championship? Wasn't it in the region of £30-£40 million?

From what we have seen financially of Venkys, they would not be able to subsidise that (and that was a decade ago).

Got to agree with most posters here. Mum-------optimism is good, to a point but blind optimism in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is destructive.

The fans who support protests have reached this position after months of disastrous decisions and performance both on and off the field.

Venkys may have told you of their exciting plans but the vast majority of us simply don't believe anything they say anymore. There is no reason why we should. You were away but I don't think you recognise the degree of anger raised by Balaji's "a few people generating thousands of emails" comment.

What do you feel about that comment? Does it make you feel optimistic about the future?

Sack Kean tomorrow, replace him with someone decent (and I mean that in every sense of the word) and I'll start to feel optimistic too.

Much to be done, not a minute to waste if our club is to be saved.

Buy your tickets people ....It's football. We are fans of Football and of BRFC. We are not ManUre glory hunters. We watch football and take from it what comes, good and bad. Buy your ticket and enjoy. ( for better or worse )....and you can shout at SK if you want to.

I have a genuine question for everybody planning to march, and I am in no way slagging anybody off or backing Venkys but as fans where do we draw the line from wanting to show our displeasure of the current manager, regime etc to almost stop supporting the team?

We seem to be whipping ourselves up into a frenzy before a game even before a ball is kicked then as soon as a ball is misplaced or a goal conceded the murmurings start and infectiously an anger and resentment builds, fans argue amongst themselves, players get screamed at. In my opinions Kean seems to SOMEHOW have convinced the owners that he is the man for the job, and unfortunately I do not think he is going anywhere anytime soon and he certainly won't do the good thing and walk away.

So my question is do we protest, boo and sing anti-Kean songs every game until he goes which doesn't seem to be anytime soon or do we try to get back to the majority of fans trying to support? I do not have an answer for this but my point in the main is Kean doesn't appear to be going anywhere (much to my displeasure) do we try and back the team or continue with the anger towards Kean which I'm positive does not help the team.

I have a genuine question for everybody planning to march, and I am in no way slagging anybody off or backing Venkys but as fans where do we draw the line from wanting to show our displeasure of the current manager, regime etc to almost stop supporting the team?

We seem to be whipping ourselves up into a frenzy before a game even before a ball is kicked then as soon as a ball is misplaced or a goal conceded the murmurings start and infectiously an anger and resentment builds, fans argue amongst themselves, players get screamed at. In my opinions Kean seems to SOMEHOW have convinced the owners that he is the man for the job, and unfortunately I do not think he is going anywhere anytime soon and he certainly won't do the good thing and walk away.

So my question is do we protest, boo and sing anti-Kean songs every game until he goes which doesn't seem to be anytime soon or do we try to get back to the majority of fans trying to support? I do not have an answer for this but my point in the main is Kean doesn't appear to be going anywhere (much to my displeasure) do we try and back the team or continue with the anger towards Kean which I'm positive does not help the team.

I have to agree. The message has obviously been delivered through the protest, media etc regarding Kean out to the owners, who seems willing to give a few more matches. The march to me seems more about a crusade and self-promotion than genuine care for the club.

Why can we not do both. We support the team by chanting for individual players and RTID etc etc and we can also chant for KEAN OUT. The word Kean does not aim at the players but at the novice in the dug out

I have to agree. The message has obviously been delivered through the protest, media etc regarding Kean out to the owners, who seems willing to give a few more matches. The march to me seems more about a crusade and self-promotion than genuine care for the club.

The message may have been delivered but it obviously hasn't hit home yet because Kean is still here. Any let up in pressure and I wouldn't put it past Venkys to decide Kean has weathered the storm and to keep him on. The discontent so far has hauled Kean towards the cliff edge, one more big protest should be enough to shove him over it. I think its coming together nicely, Glen has done another phenomenal job with the organising and the timing is perfect. All it needs now is for the fans to shake off a still lingering sense of apathy and show up in numbers.

You can't really mean that?

You honestly think glen cares more about his ego than the Rovers?

The message may have been delivered but it obviously hasn't hit home yet because Kean is still here. Any let up in pressure and I wouldn't put it past Venkys to decide Kean has weathered the storm and to keep him on. The discontent so far has hauled Kean towards the cliff edge, one more big protest should be enough to shove him over it. I think its coming together nicely, Glen has done another phenomenal job with the organising and the timing is perfect. All it needs now is for the fans to shake off a still lingering sense of apathy and show up in numbers.

Think you've hit the nail on the head totally with that post SKH.

You can't really mean that?

You honestly think glen cares more about his ego than the Rovers?

No doubt Glen is an intelligent, resourceful and passionate Rovers fan. By his own admission he forsaked his family during the first protest march, which raises the motivation for a second march now when the message has already been delivered?

No doubt Glen is an intelligent, resourceful and passionate Rovers fan. By his own admission he forsaked his family during the first protest march, which raises the motivation for a second march now when the message has already been delivered?

But if you order something online and they say it will come at a certain date and it doesnt and you then will ring them back up to check but if it still doesnt come you will then keep on their case till you have what you ordered.

This is the same!!!!!

Archived