BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

While I can the view and I'm sure protests do have an impact on staff and players I'm afraid I view it as irrelevant in the long term.

This may sound excessive but it is my view, quite seriously, that no one within the ownership, football management, playing staff or club management is taking sufficient action to arrest what could be the terminal decline of Rovers. I realise the Pune 9 report may well disprove this view but unless we are shown plans and ideas for Ewiood not India I will maintain it.

The club us dieing in front of us and there is now nothing left but fan protest. People protested before arsenal and supported the team. We supported the team till 3 - 0 against City when for me the anger, frustration and despair could not be held back. I felt as bad as the times I've seen the club relegated.

If the players are affected now I suspect they are in for one hell of a shock if it goes badly wrong against Spurs. The fans have to turn the heat up on the Raos and Kean. No one else cares about our club. The players will leave snd forget, the Raos don't give a sh1t about Blackburn, LANCASHIRE though I accept they may well be a touch embarrassed in Pune.

At the end of last season the players proved when the chips are down they can do it. If we don't start playing in the next few games we will be relegated by Christmas. The January window is too late

I don't want to protest, I have no plan to protest again but I may well do against Spurs. It's purely an emotional reaction.

The fans are the only people left. If we don't act nothing will happen because our owners and management at all levels DO NOT CARE.

If a few players get upset so be it, when they retire for life in their early 30s I'm sure it will worry them every day

Well said Paul. As I read Mum's thoughts I was going to compose a long reply but you've said almost everything here, and better and more calmly than I would have. I hope Mum's right, but the only evidence so far is negative and damning against the Venky's. If things are going to change they've got one helluva job on to change many people's perceptions.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Kean has passed the point of no return.

This is what I hope Tom has bridged going of what Glenn has posted to my question.

Mum again ... it needs meat on bones if you are confident for the future -something the Abster can gnash into :D

As Glen has stated this is the whole reason for the Protest again and what the thread needs to get back to really (as I have been as much at fault for taking of course)

Wow this thread has been hijacked, and taken well off thread,

There is a Pune thread to discuss the trip to Pune, This thread is about the fans having a meeting and the Protest for the Spurs match.

I have read through the last few pages, and think It be best I don't comment.

The Police have today confirmed the routes as posted on the first page of this thread, and also promised a much larger Police presence.

In addition they want us to provide a number of stewards too.

Results on the pitch stink, have done for the last 10 months, enough said really

Glen... when you say the police have told you they will have a much larger presence... is that as a threat or a positive? I saw how they acted at the city game towards home supporters and how, after the game, asked us to leave the BBE and to go, peacefully, around to the JW only to block it off and let in a small number of supporters and then cleared us out as fast as they could using their tactics.

I am not bashing the police but it seems as if we are to be treated in a manner which leaves a lot to be desired.

Jesus wept Rovers mum, its like summer all over again. " i know about <topic> " however you cant know until " timescale ". If you have information your willing to tell us, then tell us. If you dont plan on telling people just yet, then dont give people tipbits and wind them up! You never know, people may reconsider going on a protest if you told them early enough reasons why they shouldnt.

Glen... when you say the police have told you they will have a much larger presence... is that as a threat or a positive? I saw how they acted at the city game towards home supporters and how, after the game, asked us to leave the BBE and to go, peacefully, around to the JW only to block it off and let in a small number of supporters and then cleared us out as fast as they could using their tactics.

I am not bashing the police but it seems as if we are to be treated in a manner which leaves a lot to be desired.

Its as a positive, The Police have been good so far RE this protest,

Both the Police and us are anticipating much larger numbers and this will take extra Policing due to the March setting off 45 minutes before Kick Off.

Its purely on Health & Safety grounds to ensure we all get to the ground in a safe manner, i.e roads may be closed.

If anyone is interested in helping with the stewarding on the day please PM me.

On the Sit in, We will be talking to Ewood Park later in the week to ensure that no obstruction is put in place to prevent fans from staying behind.

On the Sit in, We will be talking to Ewood Park later in the week to ensure that no obstruction is put in place to prevent fans from staying behind.

Glen is this all areas or just the BBE - though I acknowledge I could be a bit lonely in the JW Upper!! :D

That's exactly the line spun in 1965-66. That we would be back. We were back - a quarter of a century later and after two spells in the third division. Sorry, mum, but I think that's a disaster. We are not Newcastle, we are not West Ham. We don't have the fan base and history has shown time and time again that when the Rovers get relegated the fanbase disappears. The other factor that needs to be taken into account is that many of our fans grew up during the Jack Walker era. They have seen 17 seasons of Premier League football out of the past 19. The whole of the media is geared to the Premier League and I would think the drop in attendances would be far greater than in past years.

As you say, if we went down it would be a disaster for numerous individuals within the town and those working at the club. I think if we went down we would end up following a similar path trodden by the likes of Oldham, Charlton and Bradford City.

I also think relegation would spell the end of any form of acceptance for the owners. It's not too late for them to win the fans over but if they take us down I cannot see anyway back for them.

If Kean can manage to get wins against QPR and Norwich plus a point against Spurs he may get a stay of execution. However, if we loose two or three of those games he must surely go. Unfortunately, if we drop points to the likes of QPR and Norwich it's going to be very difficult for a new man to turn it around. We have marches and demonstrations against the manager planned and a fanbase that is becoming increasing fractious with one another. Like it or not this is a club in crisis and one that needs the type of strong leadership that has been sadly missing since John Williams left.

Excellent post, Parson. I lived in Blackpool in 1965/66 so didn't get the LET, as it then was; but from what I remember, one thing which was said then, which definitely hasn't been said this season, was that we were "too good to go down".

Oh no; we weren't!:angry: And, oh no; we aren't!! :angry2::angry:

Glen is this all areas or just the BBE - though I acknowledge I could be a bit lonely in the JW Upper!! :D

Its all area's of the ground as fans protesting sit in all stands, However until we speak to the safety guys at Ewood I can't commit to if they will try and move you to one part of the stadium or not.

It all depends on numbers, if there is only a couple of thousand who stop behind I imagine they will try and move everyone to the Blackburn End

However if pockets in the ground are bigger they will more than likely let you remain there as they will always quite rightfully look at the health & safety angle

I sadly have to agree. We chatted with a couple of the players in India and they said the protests DID affect both them and the staff, they knew it wasn't aimed directly at them, but they felt the whole air of negativity impacted them.

I respect peoples right to protest and ultimately nobody wants to suffer a run of results like we've had under SK and I applaud people for wanting to make a difference, but now I know how it's effecting the team, I can't help thinking there must be another way (I just don't know what it is).

From what i've seen there is no clear evidence whatsoever to back that up.

If Rovers had won a few games then there was a protest and their form suddenly dropped you and the players might have a point. But in this case so far there is nothing to suggest that speaking out about the manager and protesting is having a negative impact on the pitch.

We were poor when the manager was fully supported, we've been poor since fans have been speaking out. There is no difference whatsoever.

Keep up the pressure is what we should be doing, we have to force this @#/? of a manager out before it's too late.

What major trouble? Relegation? I think people need to calm down a bit.

We could have gone down on the final day last season, It was the points that Sam got before he was sacked that saved us and even then it was only just. Kean's record over the course of a full season = relegation.

• Backroom

We were poor when the manager was fully supported, we've been poor since fans have been speaking out. There is no difference whatsoever.

Corrected that slightly for you RVR, otherwise agreed.

I think that's absolutely untrue. I can't argue to results have been dire, but one thing I feel I have learnt this week is just how much both the owners and management DO care. You can argue about how effective their actions have been, but I'm confident they care about our current predicament every bit as much as we do.

Glenn, you are an intelligent man. I know you know that saying you care, acting like you care, is not caring. Caring is doing something, usually an inconvenient something. So far the Raos have been long on words and short on action.

To get out of this mess we have 31 games to get 36 points. That's 10 wins and 6 draws. A positive result in 50% of our matches. There is nothing to suggest Kean and the Raos are capable of delivering this. 

Really sums things up. Too bad the owners are so positive they don't see how challenging this will really be, at this point with this squad and especailly with our non-performing manager to date.

If they did we wouldn't have no experienced chairman, md, assistant manager and the worst manager in the league running the show.

They have the power to change things and the fact they are doing nothing shows how little they care about the consequences.

Bingo. Deeds, not words.

The backroom staff who have come in are extremely competent, and more are planned. They also care deeply about the club and have already grown to love it.

What leads you to believe them? Their words? What have they done which objectively verifies their support for the club?

Steve will sort his own future out by getting or not getting results, which are being closely monitored and will be acted upon when deemed necessary.

Under what definition of necessary? Things look pretty necessary right now. Immediate action is required as the house is burning.

Roversmum, I've always respected you as a poster. You are generally very sensible. But like Glenn, please remember there is an ocean of difference between hype and substance. The Raos, in my opinion, have destroyed their own credibility. It will take a lot of hard work to rebuild it. And they haven't even started, based on their most recent fiascos, including their "brilliant" Kean, only a "minority" of fans, you "must trust us" comments. People who demand trust but haven't earned it are usually not worthy of it. They should fire Kean, bring in a quality manager, and then do a mea culpa and ask people to give them a second chance. They'd get a lot better reception as opposed to their detached from reality faith in Kean which does nothing for their credibility.

Again if that is the case I apologise. I came back after hearing good things from those who are clearly intelligent people who want the best for the club and fans and everything I have said was aiming to be positive. I was also trying to explain that things will be turned around in my opinion. I am very upset about all this protest stuff, I truly don't believe it is the way forward and can only be detrimental which was why I tackled the issue in my own way. I don't like the hatred which some people are encouraging, it is not my nature.

It's obvious that all most people want to hear is negativity and I'm sorry but I can't provide that.

Mum, there's positivity, then there's the truth.

Nothing wrong at all with being positive, but the majority of fans just want to look at the realities. No good us all being positive against the evidence, that's just kidding ourselves.

No-one has used the word "positive" more than Kean and Venky's - and how has that helped the situation? Well it hasn't. It's actually made their reputation and situation worse.

Roversmum is a true Rovers supporter and does not deserve any kind of personal attacks. If you wish to disagree with what she says then fine, but there is no need for name-calling.

Back on topic. To me, it sounds like the same old Venky's guff that they have always come out with. This will happen, that will happen, blah blah...

Kean is still in a job. It is well past the time to be monitoring results.

Venky's - Sack Kean. The longer he is managing us to relegation, the more your incompetence is displayed.

It is unlikely Venky's have the knowledge or the intelligence to appoint someone to save us or, even better, appoint someone competent to run the football side of things and for them to choose Kean's successor.

Let's just pray they all surprise us...

I have always respected Roversmum as a poster but ever since she was given a free holiday she has been bought by the Venkys and is now completely under their spell. Now she is little more than a mouthpiece for their propaganda.

Without a public demonstration there is no way us rank and file can make the strength of our feelings known to the owners. Wether they care or not remains to be seen. It's fine to say they care but the only way to demonstrate it is to fire Kean immediately.

In my opinion of course.

I have always respected Roversmum as a poster but ever since she was given a free holiday she has been bought by the Venkys and is now completely under their spell. Now she is little more than a mouthpiece for their propaganda.

Without a public demonstration there is no way us rank and file can make the strength of our feelings known to the owners. Wether they care or not remains to be seen. It's fine to say they care but the only way to demonstrate it is to fire Kean immediately.

In my opinion of course.

That really is not a nice thing to say.

Roversmum may have been won over by Venkys, and been convinced of the positives that others might not have seen.

But to say she's been "bought" is extremely unfair. You are accusing her of effectively accepting bribes and having no integrity.

That really is not a nice thing to say.

Roversmum may have been won over by Venkys, and been convinced of the positives that others might not have seen.

But to say she's been "bought" is extremely unfair. You are accusing her of effectively accepting bribes and having no integrity.

No I just think she has been influenced by a free holiday. The rest are your words, not mine.

No I just think she has been influenced by a free holiday. The rest are your words, not mine.

"ever since she was given a free holiday she has been bought by the Venkys and is now completely under their spell. Now she is little more than a mouthpiece for their propaganda."

There's no other way to interpret that statement other than a total slur on a person's character.

It is unlikely Venky's have the knowledge or the intelligence to appoint someone to save us or, even better, appoint someone competent to run the football side of things and for them to choose Kean's successor.

Totally agree.Make no mistake here,we are in the brown stuff right up to our Eyeballs!.

I will reiterate once again that if the people at the very top are clueless and show no competence what chance do we have?......

The horrible reality of the situation is now dawning on many.

"ever since she was given a free holiday she has been bought by the Venkys and is now completely under their spell. Now she is little more than a mouthpiece for their propaganda."

There's no other way to interpret that statement other than a total slur on a person's character.

I am really not interested in your spin on my words. By 'bought' I mean that in my opinion she has been influenced to speak favourably of the Venkys by a free holiday. I am not prepared to get into a discussion with you on this subject as I am sure that Roversmum is perfectly capable of speaking for herself.

I don't think I'll bother thank you Al. I've been posting long enough and would have hoped that everyone would have realised by now that I only ever have Rovers' best interests at heart.

I think I started by saying that I have always respected you as a poster but since your holiday was announced you have suddenly started to tell us that we are wrong to demonstrate, athough we have no other way of showing our concerns and have echoed the Venkys platitudes that everything will be fine. I am not the only one on this thread to remark about it. What other conclusions do you expect us to reach?

What major trouble? Relegation? I think people need to calm down a bit.

Is that what WHU fans said last season after 7 games??? The problem with the WHU owners last season is they were going to sack Grant but then pull out for some reason. They spoken to Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce about taking over but then didn't make the change of manager and went down.

This is something the owners can not do. They need to be decisions for the best interest for Blackburn Rovers and if that is sacking Kean then they need to do this.

The backroom staff who have come in are extremely competent, and more are planned. They also care deeply about the club and have already grown to love it.

The owners are more than aware of consequences but they want to run the club in the best possible way - yes there have been hiccups along the way but their credibility and passion should never be in doubt. Plans are in place to improve matters but you have to appreciate Rome wasn't built in a day.

I really hope that Rovers/the owners are close to appointing a new CEO to run the club for the owners without having to ask them about every decision that needs 2 be taken at the club like John Williams and Tom Finn did with the Walker's family.

I really appreciate that Rome wasn't built in a day, but the owners have made some good and bad decisions but I think they are slowly learning about how to run a football club and in the proper matter aswell.

The Rao's brothers are very passionate about rovers, and you could tell this at the Arsenal game and Sheffield Wednesday cup game.

Hopefully we will see alot more of the owners there at home games.

and FINALLY WE ARE ALL ROVERS FANS and we MUST ALL STICK TOGETHER!!!

Archived