BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

Maybe a banner with venkys logo on it or a banner with keans face on it being burned would attract a lot of press attention and get a message accross without offending anyone.

KEAN OUT!!!

Just in case anyone gets any ideas of doing this inside the ground, this would attract the attention of fire stewards, and more than certainly result in lifetime bans from all stadia for anyone involved.

wink.gif

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have said it before and i still believe that the biggest way to make them sit up and notice is to pick a home game and get as many people as possible to boycott it.

however we would need at least 10,000 fans to do this and stick to it for it to make the desired impact. If achieved it would speak volumes, however whether there are enough people willing to make this stand is another matter.

Not saying anything about you here but I suspect some fans are suggesting that because its the easiest, laziest option, I wouldn't be surprised if some suggesting it don't go to every game anyway. But it needs to be recognised that there's a section of our support who haven't missed a game, home or away, cups, in europe etc, for years, and to them it'd be a horrible thing to contemplate. Boycotting matches should be the very last resort.

There's only been one small scale protest so far, so just because Venkys didn't listen to that, doesn't mean they can ignore a much larger one. If Glen's plan is approved then I think this march is much better set out. Its nearer to kick off and its going from a huge Rovers pub (Brown Cow) in a huge Rovers area (Mill Hill). Both factors should contribute to a much larger turn out.

It's also the most effective, but don't let that stop you.

Is it? 15,000 of our (on average) 18,000 home fans have already paid for their tickets. Plus even a successful boycott would only likely reduce attendance by 50%. So Venkys would lose say sales on say 2,000 tickets max? Average about £20 each they're losing £40,000. Totally negligible financial effect.

Then consider the damage it'll do to our performance in that game and to our future crowds, as I suspect missing one game will get some fans into the habit of saying "I'm not going with those idiots in charge" in future. If you think of Steve Kean as a disease, boycotting matches is like amputation, it'll sure as hell get rid of it but will cause a lot more damage than a few injections (protests) would.

Is it? 15,000 of our (on average) 18,000 home fans have already paid for their tickets. Plus even a successful boycott would only likely reduce attendance by 50%. So Venkys would lose say sales on say 2,000 tickets max? Average about £20 each they're losing £40,000. Totally negligible financial effect.

For a club that has to give tickets away to boost attendances, it will hit the club hard when people start boycotting. And if we run with your numbers, then Venky's are losing £120,000 after a few games. Not money they can afford to throw away, and an empty stadium is never good for business and cuts a stark image of the utter disbelief and disdain affecting the community, rather than a group shouting and bawling with little result.

Then consider the damage it'll do to our performance in that game and to our future crowds, as I suspect missing one game will get some fans into the habit of saying "I'm not going with those idiots in charge" in future. If you think of Steve Kean as a disease, boycotting matches is like amputation, it'll sure as hell get rid of it but will cause a lot more damage than a few injections (protests) would.

lol. Our performances can't get any worse! You're just trying to talk yourself into any excuse for not boycotting the club, which is sad, because if you really care about the club you'll understand the need to be cruel to be kind. Hit Venky's where it hurts if you want to see them take notice. For now, all the protesting has done is make a martyr of Keanie boy and label him a "brilliant" manager.

I respect the right to protest but any protest in the ground banners etc will have a negative effect on the players. Also any boycott has a definate negative effect on the players as you won't be there to support. I want rid of Kean as much as the next person but we do need to be careful how we go about it.

I didn't agree with the Arsenal protest but it was done with the players in mind as the atmosphere was electric in the ground afterwards.

lol. Our performances can't get any worse! You're just trying to talk yourself into any excuse for not boycotting the club, which is sad, because if you really care about the club you'll understand the need to be cruel to be kind. Hit Venky's where it hurts if you want to see them take notice. For now, all the protesting has done is make a martyr of Keanie boy and label him a "brilliant" manager.

Because about 500 turned up to it, because it was too early for many fans. A lot has changed since Arsenal. A diabolical performance at Newcastle, a woefully lazy capitulation against City, some infuriating press statements from Venkys and Kean. There'll be (or at least there should be) about 5,000 at this one, lets see how Venkys react then. We already know they're the type to say one thing and then say something else a week or 2 later.

Protesting is the passionate, loyal and positive way to get Kean out. Boycotting matches is the lazy, depressed negative way. If it comes down to it then maybe we'll have to but it really should be the last resort. There's no more room for manouever after a boycott so I can't understand why you'd wanna jump straight to it. 3,000 flakey season ticket holders decided to start their boycott after the end of last season because we finished 15th, as a proper fan I'd rather not join that class of supporter.

Because about 500 turned up to it, because it was too early for many fans. A lot has changed since Arsenal. A diabolical performance at Newcastle, a woefully lazy capitulation against City, some infuriating press statements from Venkys and Kean. There'll be (or at least there should be) about 5,000 at this one, lets see how Venkys react then. We already know they're the type to say one thing and then say something else a week or 2 later.

Protesting is the passionate, loyal and positive way to get Kean out. Boycotting matches is the lazy, depressed negative way. If it comes down to it then maybe we'll have to but it really should be the last resort. There's no more room for manouever after a boycott so I can't understand why you'd wanna jump straight to it. 3,000 flakey season ticket holders decided to start their boycott after the end of last season because we finished 15th, as a proper fan I'd rather not join that class of supporter.

I fail to see how boycotting matches is 'lazy' when it can be absolutely gut-wrenching for some fans to turn their backs on the club they've been supporting week in, week out for most of their life. Also, some people simply aren't cut out for protesting, whether it be due to health, age, or family commitment. Boycotting matches is something everyone can do by simply staying away and allowing the empty seats to tell Venky's the true story, whilst hitting them in their pockets.

I fail to see how boycotting matches is 'lazy' when it can be absolutely gut-wrenching for some fans to turn their backs on the club they've been supporting week in, week out for most of their life. Also, some people simply aren't cut out for protesting, whether it be due to health, age, or family commitment. Boycotting matches is something everyone can do by simply staying away and allowing the empty seats to tell Venky's the true story, whilst hitting them in their pockets.

It might work if you boycott a league game but thenn if you tried it in the Carling Cup nobody would notice because nobody turns up anyway. I don't see why Kean or Venky's should drive me out of Ewood. i was there before them and if Rovers survive their tenure, I'll be there after them.

I don't see why Kean or Venky's should drive me out of Ewood. i was there before them and if Rovers survive their tenure, I'll be there after them.

Then you're not looking at the bigger picture.

If attendances drop dramatically, then Venky's will make a move. They have to. If that gets Kean the sack and sees a suitable replacement, then surely that's more important than your own pride?

please please read this, one of the best of the lot, especially the excuse for the chants

http://themondaysupplement.co.uk/headline/blackburn-rovers-suffer-major-embarrassment-in-india/

"proves we can compete on a international level....." . The guy is a feckin comedian....surely he's now just taking the chuff out of us.... He knows its all over, just coming out with any old ###### now.

Hopefully venkys have orchestrated this local protesting to give themselves a lever with which to kick the chair.

please please read this, one of the best of the lot, especially the excuse for the chants

http://themondaysupplement.co.uk/headline/blackburn-rovers-suffer-major-embarrassment-in-india/

"proves we can compete on a international level....." . The guy is a feckin comedian....surely he's now just taking the chuff out of us.... He knows its all over, just coming out with any old ###### now.

Hopefully venkys have orchestrated this local protesting to give themselves a lever with which to kick the chair.

As mentioned elsewhere, the report is a spoof on a satire website.

Not sure Glen realised that, and it would appear many have fallen for it too.

Ill say again, everybody should walk out at half time. This will be a serious statement that we don't want the clown in charge. This will be an embarrassment to the owners, and could force their hand I would hope.

Ill say again, everybody should walk out at half time. This will be a serious statement that we don't want the clown in charge. This will be an embarrassment to the owners, and could force their hand I would hope.

Is the match on TV in South Africa? I take it you will switch off at half time if it is.

I hope that the protest organisers let Henry Winter know. He's definately anti Kean. On top of what Winter has already written/said he's on SSN today saying that if there's one manager who deserves to be under pressure its Kean and that there's even had a protest against him in India. Winter comes across well on.... TV

Never going to happen. What Glen is organising will do the trick. Momentum is being gained week by week. More banners, more anti Kean chants, more after match sit ins and so on. It won't be long before he's out. Not exactly 'a dead man walking' yet but he soon will be.

Can't believe this situation has meandered along for so long tbh. We Rovers fans are a peaceful lot these days. Wouldn't have been like this in the early to mid 70s. A lot more passion then.

Dont you realise that we have no gripe with the players - they need our support during the game.

Demonstations should be before or after the game.

hello fans of the club not kean or venkys

anchorman presently domiciled in folkestone and still supporting after 50 yrs blackburn born and bred please keep up your protests however they are managed.Sorry unable to join you but am with you all in spirit.i was sickened to read in sats mirror about kean and the venkys.if you read it you will understand for whatever reasons kean will not be removed.perhaps he slept with the mrs rao?perhaps the venkys have contacted other managers and they dont want the job who knows?i love the comments fans put in but please if someone is going to use abusive language then please do not e mail me.am new to the site perhaps the venkys have not discovered it yet or they think it is all one persons doing.for those on the site my real name is les wilson.i have sat over the wall when a kid it is still there.

good luck everybody in the protests.

Archived