BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the best protest is to turn up outside the ground. No one actually goes in till we here the half time whistle.

Then roar the PLAYERS on for the second half.

We would get great media coverage.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But then you hear Barry's comments yesterday morning about Kean being a "brilliant manager" and the e-mails being sent by "a couple of people" and you wonder...

But every family business has an idiot who is there because of Daddy!!

I think Venkys and Kean have one thing in common (aside from being incompetent) - they are both liars and cannot be trusted, based on their actions/words to date.

Venkys have recently called us their 'baby' and that we that we are all part of the family - stop talking trash you complete prats.

As extreme as it was the burning of the American flag at Anfield made one hell of a difference.

It's clear to me now that only extreme measures will promote the reaction needed after the spin that's come out of India this week.

As much as I want Kean out you're surely not justifying or suggesting the burning of an Indian flag are you? Why not turn up dressed in white sheets while we're at it! Yes it made so much ofa difference in Liverpool that they ended up replacing one set of American owners with wait for it....another American owner! The flag burning just outlined a minority set of brainless morons who we dont need association with here at Blackburn.

Lets not pretend the Liverpool fans had any impact on the owners, the mawkish Republic of Scouse would have you believe that, but it was wholly due to them not having a pot to pi$$ in and losing at the High Court.

Hodgson though? Without doubt they played a big part in him getting the bullet.

As extreme as it was the burning of the American flag at Anfield made one hell of a difference.

It's clear to me now that only extreme measures will promote the reaction needed after the spin that's come out of India this week.

That would work in storm like Blackburn wouldn't it. Doing that would probably create an international outrage.

I'd like to think we are A LOT more civilised than that..

Still think the 'red card' idea is best - thousands all held up at a certain point (kick-off, after first goal conceded perhaps?) would have a huge visual impact. Print off as many as possible (obviously needs funding somehow), get a few willing volunteers to hand them out before the game and maybe print instructions on when to display on the back? I'd donate a tenner or hand them out.

What about the Indian lads who made a 'Kean out' protest yesterday? Unfair to tarnish a whole nation because of Venkys.

I still think we need a visual protest inside the ground whether it be white hankies or A4 sheets with 1% on or turning our backs on the game or whatever the point is the more people inside the ground showing annoyance with the currect situation the better and if te tv pictures pick up on it even better

i think we've also got to be mindful that the team still need our support , booing Kean or Kean out chants might make us feel better but the lads on the pitch still need our support

The important issue is that it is the team that 18,000 supporters come to Ewood Park to support. Relegation is already looming and I am sure that the last thing the players want to see DURING the game, are banners with "KEAN OUT" on them. Before the game, half time and even full time for banners, but not during the game. A banner was taken down during the game in India yesterday by the authorities. Will the Rovers stewards be taking the same stance if banners are displayed DURING the game on the Spurs game.? Yes, the situation is grim at the club with nobody actually appearing to be in charge since the departures of John Williams, Tom Finn, Richard Matthewman etc, etc. but it is vital that the players are shown the support from the faithful supporters before it is too late to save the club from relegation.

The important issue is that it is the team that 18,000 supporters come to Ewood Park to support. Relegation is already looming and I am sure that the last thing the players want to see DURING the game, are banners with "KEAN OUT" on them. Before the game, half time and even full time for banners, but not during the game. A banner was taken down during the game in India yesterday by the authorities. Will the Rovers stewards be taking the same stance if banners are displayed DURING the game on the Spurs game.? Yes, the situation is grim at the club with nobody actually appearing to be in charge since the departures of John Williams, Tom Finn, Richard Matthewman etc, etc. but it is vital that the players are shown the support from the faithful supporters before it is too late to save the club from relegation.

Sorry, but we have heard all this 'pacifist' stuff before.

Something dramatic needs to happen and it needs to have impact.

How does a Kean out banner impact on highly paid, focused players - simple, it shouldn't especially when several of those players, if rumour is correct, have had enough of Kean.

Clearly, the support for the players is there and always will be but they also have a duty - a duty to deliver on the pitch and give 100% from first whistle to last and I'm not sure we've seen that at all times this season. They could also grow a pair and tell the club's owners how farcical many suuporters (and some players) think the Kean regime is!

Well the stewards SHOULD be sympathetic to our cause because if we go down a lot of them will be out of work along with catering staff, admin staff, waiters and waitresses etc etc. This is one aspect of relegation that hasn't even been mentioned yet. The fall out of relegation will have such a huge impact on Blackburn and not just from a footballing perspective.

Sorry---the team and the manager are separate. We support the team, we don't support Kean. You're accepting Kean's line that he and the club are synonymous.

Well the stewards SHOULD be sympathetic to our cause because if we go down a lot of them will be out of work along with catering staff, admin staff, waiters and waitresses etc etc. This is one aspect of relegation that hasn't even been mentioned yet. The fall out of relegation will have such a huge impact on Blackburn and not just from a footballing perspective.

Great point.

I reckon my old man will see a 50% reduction in turnover at his pub if we go down.

The stewards are there because they are legally obliged to be for health and safety reasons, not to side with a section of the crowd, however vociferous.

I suppose catering staff should only sell stuff to fans who want Kean out as well, should they?

It's this kind of narrow-minded nonsense that is contributing to the situation at the club.

Go to football a few rungs down the ladder into non-league if you want to find real fans. No matter what the fans feelings about the clubs are, the matches I have been to in the lower leagues are totally different in terms of how fans support their teams. In my opinion, Rovers fans who protest in the matches are adding to their own troubles. And denying responsibility.

It's not just the administration of the club that's got half of football laughing behind its hands.

The stewards are there because they are legally obliged to be for health and safety reasons, not to side with a section of the crowd, however vociferous.

I suppose catering staff should only sell stuff to fans who want Kean out as well, should they?

It's this kind of narrow-minded nonsense that is contributing to the situation at the club.

Go to football a few rungs down the ladder into non-league if you want to find real fans. No matter what the fans feelings about the clubs are, the matches I have been to in the lower leagues are totally different in terms of how fans support their teams. In my opinion, Rovers fans who protest in the matches are adding to their own troubles. And denying responsibility.

It's not just the administration of the club that's got half of football laughing behind its hands.

What a load of tripe.

Clubs in the lower leagues don't protest against managers/owners? I must have imagined the Brighton marches, or the Bournemouth chairman nearly causing a riot just last month and so on and so on.

Or slag off the players? I was reading an article in WSC just this morning about Bradford fans giving the players all manner of abuse.

'Half of football' couldn't care less about BRFC, but if national journalists are any barometer they have a lot of sympathy with the fans.

Rovers fans have been extrememly patient this last year and as the only true custodians of this club, we have every right to protest for the greater good.

What a load of tripe.

Clubs in the lower leagues don't protest against managers/owners? I must have imagined the Brighton marches, or the Bournemouth chairman nearly causing a riot just last month and so on and so on.

Or slag off the players? I was reading an article in WSC just this morning about Bradford fans giving the players all manner of abuse.

'Half of football' couldn't care less about BRFC, but if national journalists are any barometer they have a lot of sympathy with the fans.

Rovers fans have been extrememly patient this last year and as the only true custodians of this club, we have every right to protest for the greater good.

Read the article more carefully before you jump to conclusions.

I said non-league not football league.

National journalists are sympathetic? If Rovers fans can't read the media agenda, they are in deep trouble. The media are not sympathetic to any side of an argument. Their job is to promote opinion as interestingly as possible not to be honourable in their reporting. Journalists have a lot of sympathy with the fans! Brilliant.

No-one can contest anyone's right to protest. Just don't expect to be booing the blokes on the pitch one minute and then going crazy at Kean for not producing the goods the next as though fan protests during the game have nothing to do with it.

If you have been patient this year, well done.

It's clear that the fans protests have little effect on the owners. They have seen the march and they read the messageboards apparently. The players are loyally supporting Kean it seems and according to Dunny they are "disappointed" to see the banners in the ground. Slagging off Kean is having an adverse effect on the players' morale. It's only results that will galvanise the owners into action - watch this space!

It's only results that will galvanise the owners into action - watch this space!

I wish you were right.

The protests, if they continue and they become more vociferous will indeed make Kean and the owners take notice.

Bet you think I'm shadowing you!

It's clear that the fans protests have little effect on the owners. They have seen the march and they read the messageboards apparently. The players are loyally supporting Kean it seems and according to Dunny they are "disappointed" to see the banners in the ground. Slagging off Kean is having an adverse effect on the players' morale. It's only results that will galvanise the owners into action - watch this space!

Friend. I go to almost every game. You apparently live in Australia. You might not even be a Rovers fan but some sort of troll. Posts like this are part of the problem. You are contributing irresponsibly to the destruction of this club.

Friend. I go to almost every game. You apparently live in Australia. You might not even be a Rovers fan but some sort of troll. Posts like this are part of the problem. You are contributing irresponsibly to the destruction of this club.

You are contributing some of the most imbecilic material I have seen on this board in weeks.

Archived