BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most effective visual protest will be for no one to turn up at the Newcastle game. Empty seats will be very effective and will get the media attention

It would get a lot of media attention but not as much as an EPL game.

Also the Spurs game is before the NUFC game. If we lose at QPR then something spontaeneous would happen at the Spurs game if we go behind/play badly.

The arrangements being made for a march etc at the Spurs game look good and well organised and will also get maximum exposure in UK and worldwide including INDIA.

I agree with AJW. I think handing out red cards, kean out flyers, 1% flyers or similar in all 4 stands of the stadium will have a massive effect. If you could hand out nearly 10-15 000 flyers and people will hold them up it most defenitely show!

One of the protest commitee, is working on flyers ect, and is currently looking for sponsorship to help fund these. Many have already purchased or had T-Shirts made too.

Everyone can do their bit by bringing their own banners ect, but I fully expect this to be more colourful than last time, and even many who was Pro-Kean or willing to give him more time, have now said they will be joining in.

The Rao's comments over the last 48 hours have not gone down well, and now most want to show the Rao's exactly what they think

Thinking of getting a double bed sheet to use as a banner.

Kean out banners will be commonplace so may go for something like '1%? You're having a laugh' or something similar. Not sure though :glare:

One of the protest commitee, is working on flyers ect, and is currently looking for sponsorship to help fund these. Many have already purchased or had T-Shirts made too.

Everyone can do their bit by bringing their own banners ect, but I fully expect this to be more colourful than last time, and even many who was Pro-Kean or willing to give him more time, have now said they will be joining in.

The Rao's comments over the last 48 hours have not gone down well, and now most want to show the Rao's exactly what they think

How can a donantion be made?

As a third strand to all this how about having a complete boycott of the Carling Cup game against Newcastle. The attendance will be low anyway and it will not distract from the importance of maintaining our Premier League status.

The percentage game can then be used to the supporters benefit if Kean wants to play at that game

Totally agree with this, how are they going to explain away no Rovers supporters at a cup match?

Boycotts want work,

a) we will just get sneered at, 'not like empty seats are usually a problem at Ewood Park' etc

b. Many fans simply want to go to Ewood and watch the match, they will never miss the game and won't take too kindly to being asked to.

Glen - in view of the delussional comments coming out of India today, is the protest still focusing solely on kean out or are we going to start telling venkys what we think out them as well?

I was that wound up at work this PM that I hardly got anything done.

Cheers.

Glen - in view of the delussional comments coming out of India today, is the protest still focusing solely on kean out or are we going to start telling venkys what we think out them as well?

I was that wound up at work this PM that I hardly got anything done.

Cheers.

Its the fans protest and this can take any shape the fans wish, This is why an open meeting has been scheduled so the fans message is clear, both on the day and future communication

After reading the comments by one of the idiots who own us I really fear for the club now... I know the main concern over protesting has been that this doesn't take away from supporting the team but when we have players who are standing up and saying they support Kean then where does that leave people who want Kean (and now to a greater extent) Venky's out?

If the players support Kean why should they be supported?

After reading the comments by one of the idiots who own us I really fear for the club now... I know the main concern over protesting has been that this doesn't take away from supporting the team but when we have players who are standing up and saying they support Kean then where does that leave people who want Kean (and now to a greater extent) Venky's out?

If the players support Kean why should they be supported?

Absolutely bang on the money mate. I wouldn't cross the road for some of the players after the way they have disrespected us recently. When we go down you won't see half of them for dust so ###### to what they think or say. This is OUR club and it's OUR club for life, they are just passing through.

Keans position becomes more and more doomed with each fan related protest. Venkys will surely realise they can't allianate their supporters/customers. They may not know much about football but they must know something about business.

It must be made clear that no matter if we do somehow go on a run of a few wins the fans will never support the idiot.

Glen you and the rest working with you are doing a fantastic job.

I'm moving from the Jack Walker Upper to a seat beside the Rovers bench for the Spurs game. Kean will get 90 minutes of sh!t.

I considered doing the same PB but l think it could get very vocal and colourful in the DE. I'm sure we'll get our message across without being 10 foot away from the halfwit. Give him hell fella :tu:

I agree with all anti Kean & anti Venkys sentiments, Kean needs to go. I am a little apprehensive about all out attacks on the owners but I think we need a coordinated, collective Campaign to show Venkys that a large majority of fans are not prepared to accept the way our club is being run.

Thus could be in the form of a list of our grievances. Everything from stripping away all (respected) on and off the field management, making public claims about champions league, available finance &marquee signings before knowing whether ANY of the claims were possible, promising to spend 'big' money on signings before making a net profit on summer transfers, blindly stating our team, our results and our manager (or anything?) is 'brilliant', gagging all ex employees etc etc etc.

However, I am somewhat concerned that a 2nd march has been arranged when the consensus on this forum was that the sit in protest was significantly more successful and effective than the march.

I took the not inconsiderable MB comment on all protest activity to mean that the majority thought a repeat sit in would generate the most positive media coverage. I think the forum should have been given the opportunity to comment on any proposal to combine the march with a sit in. I feel this may dilute the impact of the protest as it will require at least 5 hours commitment to attend both.

This does not mean the day will not be a resounding success, I hope it will be.

I also accept that the protest 'committee' is not governed by this MB but the MB is an accurate barometer of the strength of feeling of our more active supporters.

Sure this has probably been already mooted but is it possible to advertise in the LET? The LET seem loathe to cover the negative stuff but what if say a half page advert is placed.

For example - the red card idea. Take out a half page colour advert in the LET with a brief explanation and a red card image. Encourage readers to cut it out and take to game, could be online to print as well.

This way it reaches a large proportion of Rovers fans and requires minimal organisation as the LET print/distribute it.

You could run a series of adverts over a week, voicing concerns about the club/venkys.

Perhaps something in the lost and found section - in National newspaper. Lost: 136 year old reputation. If found please hand back to BRFC c/o Venkys etc

Think about the media coverage the manchester Tevez poster received. Could we come up with an idea and get one or 2 plastered up in town... or the back of a bus etc.

I know these methods will probably be expensive but then there's an awful amount of expense going into flyers/posters/tshirt printing etc. The good thing is - it only needs one good/unique idea to get maximum coverage, like the Indian boys did yesterday.

Perhaps we could have a whip round!

Anyway - only sounding out ideas - mind was whirring when walking the dog! Feel free to dismiss!!

• Backroom

Keans position becomes more and more doomed with each fan related protest. Venkys will surely realise they can't allianate their supporters/customers. They may not know much about football but they must know something about business.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But then you hear Barry's comments yesterday morning about Kean being a "brilliant manager" and the e-mails being sent by "a couple of people" and you wonder...

Archived