BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

Never going to happen. What Glen is organising will do the trick. Momentum is being gained week by week. More banners, more anti Kean chants, more after match sit ins and so on. It won't be long before he's out. Not exactly 'a dead man walking' yet but he soon will be.

Can't believe this situation has meandered along for so long tbh. We Rovers fans are a peaceful lot these days. Wouldn't have been like this in the early to mid 70s. A lot more passion then.

I don't think 'passion' is the right word. The Blues I know are the definition of it. For me, we have had it so good for so long, on and off the pitch, it has been dificult to comprehend the shambles of the last year, but the last few weeks have shown that the fanbase is roused.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An formal invitation has been sent to the club asking for them to send representation to the open fans meeting on Thursday 20th October 2011 at Uncle Jacks.

The ball is in their court if they wish to attend and speak with supporters, Everyone is welcome regardless of opinion of both on and off the field activites. I urge all supporters who can physically attend to come to the meeting and if anyone has links with ex players ect to exstend the invitation to them too.

Cheers

The sit-in has already been done so a second attempt is unlikely to create as much publicity in these novelty worshipping times.

Therefore, a protest after the game in front of The Jack Walker Stand - where the players and staff have to leave and so therefore can see the discontent - would generate new pictures and coverage of a different angle to the protest. It would have to take place regardless of the result. Fans would look fickle and stupid if one good result changes their minds after 10 months of abject failure.

The sit-in has already been done so a second attempt is unlikely to create as much publicity in these novelty worshipping times.

Therefore, a protest after the game in front of The Jack Walker Stand - where the players and staff have to leave and so therefore can see the discontent - would generate new pictures and coverage of a different angle to the protest. It would have to take place regardless of the result. Fans would look fickle and stupid if one good result changes their minds after 10 months of abject failure.

We did this after the sit in against City but the stewards wised on and managed to lock the gates with half the people stranded on the outside. After 10/15 min they got the horses out and moved people on.

Steve Kean time is really up before its late and we fans don't want to suffer any longer and he should have never got this job in the first place.I don't want to see fans turning on the owners but sadly there have took the mick out off everyone with their silly statements.

• Moderation Lead

Why not turn on the owners ? The buck stops with them!

Can't remember who it was on here that said this first, but if the anger was directed at Venky's, rather than Kean IMO it would soon make them consider Kean's position even more.

Good tactic to highlight Kean's horrendous record in charge as manager – there is no real debating point to be had that way.

Not that easy, however the messaging of any protest should be centred around his results record to date and that we deserve a better manager in charge.

I think people think protests are cruel when the feeling is that it’s a purely personality thing.

Guest Rovers4Good

Yeh outside the Jack Walker is a good option but for me i'd do it near the blues bar as the players etc always go through the BBurn end to get to their cars and we'll see what Kean really thinks of us when he comes face to face. :)

I respect the right to protest but any protest in the ground banners etc will have a negative effect on the players. Also any boycott has a definate negative effect on the players as you won't be there to support. I want rid of Kean as much as the next person but we do need to be careful how we go about it.

I didn't agree with the Arsenal protest but it was done with the players in mind as the atmosphere was electric in the ground afterwards.

Point taken scotty, so how would you demonstrate to get kean out?

A "Stick Y'er F'kin Chickens up Yer Ass" Banner would make Statement.

Spot on.

Whilst I think that on one level, you could say that such slogans are just cheap shots, on another level they will cause Venkys a lot more embarassment PR wise than the Kean Out slogans. A giant Colonel Sanders banner would be fantastic!

Seriously, I've saved the lid of a 'family feast' to hold up at the next protest and game LOL

You protestors should be going down to Brockhall one day during the week, then that would really rattle some feathers.

really like that idea!! might give kean a nice good morning welcome and stick a cheeky litle banner somewhere around brockhall.

I respect the right to protest but any protest in the ground banners etc will have a negative effect on the players. Also any boycott has a definate negative effect on the players as you won't be there to support. I want rid of Kean as much as the next person but we do need to be careful how we go about it.

I didn't agree with the Arsenal protest but it was done with the players in mind as the atmosphere was electric in the ground afterwards.

I sadly have to agree. We chatted with a couple of the players in India and they said the protests DID affect both them and the staff, they knew it wasn't aimed directly at them, but they felt the whole air of negativity impacted them.

I respect peoples right to protest and ultimately nobody wants to suffer a run of results like we've had under SK and I applaud people for wanting to make a difference, but now I know how it's effecting the team, I can't help thinking there must be another way (I just don't know what it is).

I sadly have to agree. We chatted with a couple of the players in India and they said the protests DID affect both them and the staff, they knew it wasn't aimed directly at them, but they felt the whole air of negativity impacted them.

I respect peoples right to protest and ultimately nobody wants to suffer a run of results like we've had under SK and I applaud people for wanting to make a difference, but now I know how it's effecting the team, I can't help thinking there must be another way (I just don't know what it is).

To be fair Glenn, They are getting paid a hell of a lot of money and if a bit of boo'ing is affecting them, they seriously need to man up!Theres been boing at one game....whats there excuse for all the other games?

I wish people would stick to Kean out, rather than stick your chicken up your arse or whatever. :angry2:

Yes the buck stops with them - however the owners are going no where.....they have money and they intend to improve us - we simply need to get a clear message out there that the fans are TOTALLY against KEAN.....NOT the owners.

Did we ever tell the Trust to fook off back to Jersey with minimal investment when Hughes needed it to take us onto that next level??

Archived