BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'When deemed necessary,'

mum - this is essentially and basically the million dollar question?

We know you mean well and are very loyal to the cause of Rovers and closer in certain quarters than the average woman/man but maybe somebody could answer this with some specific explanations.

I don't think anybody from the outside looking in is brainwashed about what they are seeingas there is nothing coming out of the club bar gobble di gook and the deluded is somehow the new messiah.

To me I just get the feeling something somewhere is 'major' and is being kept underwraps for the sake of Rovers but that is just my own opinion.

It was stressed. Tom handled that one expertly.

Only time (and actions) will tell, but I genuinely feel they were sincere.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't be answering these things until our official comments are published (as they'll have been checked to make sure nothing can be taken the wrong way .... unlike my ramblings on here).

Thanks for the responses Glenn but just one more

Stressed - will their reply be in 'the comments'?

mum - this is essentially and basically the million dollar question?

We know you mean well and are very loyal to the cause of Rovers and closer in certain quarters than the average woman/man but maybe somebody could answer this with some specific explanations.

I don't think anybody from the outside looking in is brainwashed about what they are seeingas there is nothing coming out of the club bar gobble di gook and the deluded is somehow the new messiah.

To me I just get the feeling something somewhere is 'major' and is being kept underwraps for the sake of Rovers but that is just my own opinion.

I know nothing of that, Capt. If I did manage to undercover such information I can assure you it would not remain a secret and those who needed to know about it would do so. There are plans but they are not in any way detrimental but very promising.

I do honestly understand how everyone feels given the results since SK took over and we are approaching a stage where a decision will have to be made should things not improve. SK himself is not unaware of this. I'm not going to keep going over old ground because I don't think there is anything to be gained by it. It's all very much been a learning curve and a pretty steep one.

I'm not too bothered about what those outside the club think in any case, and it's easy enough to write blogs and stuff without really knowing the facts and there are plenty who have agendas for their own reasons. That said, I am interested in everyone's opinions and their right to put them forward. At the end of the day we are all Rovers fans and we want what is best for our beloved club whatever we perceive that best to be.

This is not intended as a chicken pun but you have to break eggs to make an omelette (funny really, when some refer to the owners as chicken farmers although they are so much more than that, how much eggs and chickens etc come into our language so much) - that is all I will say on what has happened over the past year, it's the future of our great club I am interested in and it's long term survival so that our ancestors can enjoy the same relationship with the club that we have had/will have.

I think as a fan l'd class Relegation as a major problem :wacko:

It didn't seem too much of one to Newcastle and no doubt West Ham will be straight back up. No reason why we couldn't do the same. How it would annoy the media!!! Of course, it's not something any fan or owner would want, and I wouldn't want it myself.

More concerning to me, would be the effect of such relegation to the people of Blackburn and the area whose businesses service the club, the club's employees and the Academy.

• Backroom

the situation is being closely monitored and any danger to our Premiership status will be rectified.

Mum, I have a great deal of respect for you as a poster but I'm a little baffled by this statement and your later one that people should "calm down". You don't seem to view relegation as a realistic possibility, which I find baffling considering our shocking start to the season and the current state of the club. You also seem to think Venky's will just be able to snap their fingers and everything will be "rectified". What indication have they ever given that shows they're capable of such a thing? All they've done since day one is make mistakes and now suddenly we're supposed to put our full trust in them? You earn trust, you don't just get given it. You surely have to see that we as fans have seen absolutely nothing to give us any faith Venky's know what they're doing (though for what it's worth I don't believe they're asset strippers either).

Edit: You explained your feelings on relegation in a post as I was typing this so ignore that, although I'm very surprised you don't consider relegation more of a threat. We're very different to West Ham and Newcastle.

This is not intended as a chicken pun but you have to break eggs to make an omelette

We had a healthy chicken, we don't want a bleedin' omelette, we want the chicken back. :lol:

You seem to have come back believing everything they've said to you.

It didn't seem too much of one to Newcastle and no doubt West Ham will be straight back up. No reason why we couldn't do the same. How it would annoy the media!!! Of course, it's not something any fan or owner would want, and I wouldn't want it myself.

More concerning to me, would be the effect of such relegation to the people of Blackburn and the area whose businesses service the club, the club's employees and the Academy.

Are you serious?

We are not West Ham or Newcastle, take away TV money and our income is nowhere near those two. With our wage bill we would be in big, big trouble and as the owners haven't had a net spend in the PL, the chances of them doing so in the Championship, without the TV income buffer is remote to say the least.

What about the others who have gone down never to be seen again? Leeds, Sheff Wednesday, Charlton etc etc.

Did you know that Mike Ashley (for all the people who hated him) spent £38m above what they got from the PL payments to get them back into the PL. Will we be in a position to do that?

And they had a competant manager in charge - we'll probably still have steve bloody kean!

I know nothing of that, Capt. If I did manage to undercover such information I can assure you it would not remain a secret and those who needed to know about it would do so. There are plans but they are not in any way detrimental but very promising.

I do honestly understand how everyone feels given the results since SK took over and we are approaching a stage where a decision will have to be made should things not improve. SK himself is not unaware of this. I'm not going to keep going over old ground because I don't think there is anything to be gained by it. It's all very much been a learning curve and a pretty steep one.

I'm not too bothered about what those outside the club think in any case, and it's easy enough to write blogs and stuff without really knowing the facts and there are plenty who have agendas for their own reasons. That said, I am interested in everyone's opinions and their right to put them forward. At the end of the day we are all Rovers fans and we want what is best for our beloved club whatever we perceive that best to be.

This is not intended as a chicken pun but you have to break eggs to make an omelette (funny really, when some refer to the owners as chicken farmers although they are so much more than that, how much eggs and chickens etc come into our language so much) - that is all I will say on what has happened over the past year, it's the future of our great club I am interested in and it's long term survival so that our ancestors can enjoy the same relationship with the club that we have had/will have.

Great to hear, however the facts are plain to see – Venky’s have made some disastrous decisions so far and seem to lack any commonsense – they might have “plans” however at the moment lack the personnel to execute them.

Under their ownership, we have regressed on the football side and the next set of financial accounts will be very interesting to see (if made public).

What about the others who have gone down never to be seen again? Leeds, Sheff Wednesday, Charlton etc etc.

Did you know that Mike Ashley (for all the people who hated him) spent £38m above what they got from the PL payments to get them back into the PL. Will we be in a position to do that?

And they had a competant manager in charge - we'll probably still have steve bloody kean!

Thanks Clare, saved me typing it.

Thank you. It's always nice to get a compliment.

Seriously you've spoken down to every other member and shown utmost comtempt for others fears.

The fact you clearly see yourself a cut above the rest of us since your trip shines through very bright.

Wow this thread has been hijacked, and taken well off thread,

There is a Pune thread to discuss the trip to Pune, This thread is about the fans having a meeting and the Protest for the Spurs match.

I have read through the last few pages, and think It be best I don't comment.

The Police have today confirmed the routes as posted on the first page of this thread, and also promised a much larger Police presence.

In addition they want us to provide a number of stewards too.

Results on the pitch stink, have done for the last 10 months, enough said really

Roversmum you are a disgrace.

I think that's ott, however, if other posters had posted some of the stuff that Roversmum has today, we would have been lambasted, and rightly so, from pillar to post - talk about adding fuel to the flames !!!!!!!!!!!

With what kind of knowledge of football, running a premier league team, recognising managerial talent.

I've met many an intelligent person that didn't have a clue about what they were supposed to be doing to enhance the company...

Sorry mum, we need professionals who know what they are doing, and we need them now.

Jerome Anderson?

We had a healthy chicken, we don't want a bleedin' omelette, we want the chicken back. :lol:

You seem to have come back believing everything they've said to you.

I'm not too sure about that. We were in a rather dodgy situation regarding long term prospects

Seriously you've spoken down to every other member and shown utmost comtempt for others fears.

The fact you clearly see yourself a cut above the rest of us since your trip shines through very bright.

Again if that is the case I apologise. I came back after hearing good things from those who are clearly intelligent people who want the best for the club and fans and everything I have said was aiming to be positive. I was also trying to explain that things will be turned around in my opinion. I am very upset about all this protest stuff, I truly don't believe it is the way forward and can only be detrimental which was why I tackled the issue in my own way. I don't like the hatred which some people are encouraging, it is not my nature.

It's obvious that all most people want to hear is negativity and I'm sorry but I can't provide that.

Regarding the relegation issue - of course I don't want it, it's the last thing I would want. Clare - I know full well how many clubs have been relegated never to be seen again - Mr Roversmum and I were counting them only the other day and I can't remember the result but it was a large number. I was just considering whether the worst scenario would perhaps be so dreadful.

In any case, this is Glen's thread about the protest meeting and really not the place for this discussion.

Again if that is the case I apologise. I came back after hearing good things from those who are clearly intelligent people who want the best for the club and fans and everything I have said was aiming to be positive. I was also trying to explain that things will be turned around in my opinion.

But nobody has bothered to tell the supporters outside of perhaps 20 or so who have met the club or the Raos. What should we do, form an orderly queue at Paul Hunt's door?

I am very upset about all this protest stuff, I truly don't believe it is the way forward and can only be detrimental which was why I tackled the issue in my own way. I don't like the hatred which some people are encouraging, it is not my nature.

Yes so am I. I hated seeing the scenes against City. It will be worse against Spurs if things go badly in the next two games. I think we should prepare ourselves for demonstrations / chanting against the owners and that is going to be extremely unpleasant. You do understand the owners have lost the trust of the fan base?

It's obvious that all most people want to hear is negativity and I'm sorry but I can't provide that.

But you haven't provided anything positive either, just jam tomorrow

Regarding the relegation issue - of course I don't want it, it's the last thing I would want. Clare - I know full well how many clubs have been relegated never to be seen again - Mr Roversmum and I were counting them only the other day and I can't remember the result but it was a large number. I was just considering whether the worst scenario would perhaps be so dreadful.

In any case, this is Glen's thread about the protest meeting and really not the place for this discussion.

It's hard to imagine a scenario worse than relegation.

The problem is mum, Venky's have talked big and promised this and that from day one, however the club is in a worse position now than it was 12 months ago.

At board level- better or worse off?

Manager? better or worse off?

Coaching staff? b or w?

Relegation prosepcts? b or w?

Season ticket sales? b or w?

Corporate sales? b or w?

If the Rao's want to make a good fist of this, they have amde it infintely more difficult than it needed to be and still they haven't corrected their biggest error.

Can you not see the fans worries without adding 'well I'm positive, you're negative'?

That's exactly the line spun in 1965-66. That we would be back. We were back - a quarter of a century later and after two spells in the third division. Sorry, mum, but I think that's a disaster. We are not Newcastle, we are not West Ham. We don't have the fan base and history has shown time and time again that when the Rovers get relegated the fanbase disappears. The other factor that needs to be taken into account is that many of our fans grew up during the Jack Walker era. They have seen 17 seasons of Premier League football out of the past 19. The whole of the media is geared to the Premier League and I would think the drop in attendances would be far greater than in past years.

As you say, if we went down it would be a disaster for numerous individuals within the town and those working at the club. I think if we went down we would end up following a similar path trodden by the likes of Oldham, Charlton and Bradford City.

I also think relegation would spell the end of any form of acceptance for the owners. It's not too late for them to win the fans over but if they take us down I cannot see anyway back for them.

If Kean can manage to get wins against QPR and Norwich plus a point against Spurs he may get a stay of execution. However, if we loose two or three of those games he must surely go. Unfortunately, if we drop points to the likes of QPR and Norwich it's going to be very difficult for a new man to turn it around. We have marches and demonstrations against the manager planned and a fanbase that is becoming increasing fractious with one another. Like it or not this is a club in crisis and one that needs the type of strong leadership that has been sadly missing since John Williams left.

Archived