BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Meeting and Protest for Spurs Match confirmed

No doubt Glen is an intelligent, resourceful and passionate Rovers fan. By his own admission he forsaked his family during the first protest march, which raises the motivation for a second march now when the message has already been delivered?

I understand the point you are trying to make mate, I think you are preaching to the wrong crowd it would appear. Nobody has put forwards an idea as to when the marches stop if Kean is still here in say 2 months time so I think you are fighting a losing battle for having anybody see your view point.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if you order something online and they say it will come at a certain date and it doesnt and you then will ring them back up to check but if it still doesnt come you will then keep on their case till you have what you ordered.

This is the same!!!!!

Seriously? Unlike your scenario the sacking of Kean is not a transaction agreed upon on a certain date.

I reckon Kean maybe has 3 games to save his job, so I guess a loss at QPR will make the protest more valid, but will a win and getting out of the bottom 3 do anything to the protest?

I would also still maintain that Kean is just the figurehead of the deeper problem caused by Venky's with the John Williams riddance, the transfer debacle in the summer and lack of structure and direction.

No doubt Glen is an intelligent, resourceful and passionate Rovers fan. By his own admission he forsaked his family during the first protest march, which raises the motivation for a second march now when the message has already been delivered?

Do we sit back and take it up the you know what then ? Cowardly way out!!!

I understand the point you are trying to make mate, I think you are preaching to the wrong crowd it would appear. Nobody has put forwards an idea as to when the marches stop if Kean is still here in say 2 months time so I think you are fighting a losing battle for having anybody see your view point.

It's fine, I didn't expect people to agree which part of a discussion forum. I was probably wrong to question the motivation behind the protest. While disagreeing with the march, I still admire the enthusiasm by protesters.

Yeah I think he is. If he was preaching to Burnley fans they'd be more than happy to agree everyone should lay off "Agent Kean". Simple answer, they don't stop until he's gone. Its called being determined and seeing things through.

I reckon Kean maybe has 3 games to save his job, so I guess a loss at QPR will make the protest more valid, but will a win and getting out of the bottom 3 do anything to the protest?

Well it shouldn't do. People have had pleanty of time to see what kind of a manager Kean is and that shouldn't change depending on whether we're 3rd from bottom, or 4th from bottom.

If we go down that route we could be 4th from bottom all season, then drop during the last couple of weeks. No mate, it shouldn't be too difficult to work out if Kean is up to the job.

I have to agree. The message has obviously been delivered through the protest, media etc regarding Kean out to the owners, who seems willing to give a few more matches. The march to me seems more about a crusade and self-promotion than genuine care for the club.

There if far more people involved with the organising of these protest, and far more people who wish to protest than there was against Arsenal.

The message has not been delivered because results have not improved and Steve Kean is still the Manager, Now is not the time to just give up.

Since the last match opinion polls for the Manager have hit an all time low with more than 95% of fans wanting him to be removed with immediate effect.

Steve Kean has said on more than one occasion that only 1% of fans are unhappy, this is pure fabrication and we all know that.

Everyone who has protested to date or been involved in organising protest is Pro Blackburn Rovers and has genuine fears for the clubs future, So much so they have taken to the streets to fight for what they believe in, If we didnt care do you think we'd bother?

Do you think people would of spent all this week walking the streets in the pouring down rain delivering flyers and talking to the local community?

Self promotion/Crusades?? Give your head a shake, What has anybody got to gain personally by protesting?

The biggest reason why these have been organised protest is to ensure that everyone stays on the right side of the law, and that the good supporters of Blackburn Rovers are not labelled hooligans.

The amount of people putting effort in behind the scenes should not be under-estimated, this has been a team effort from everyone, under one umbrella, The supporters of Blackburn Rovers FC

Got to keep the pressure on as much as possible to remove Kean, If Balaji is as keen as they say hopefully he will be willing to pay the going rate

for an experienced PL manager. Direct fan protests can do nothing but good in my view, we are the paying public, it wouldnt be much of a spectacle or

atmosphere without us.

Promising to hear he is passionate about the club at the moment, hopefully this will reduce the likelihood of asset stripping etc.

Time is of the essence with christmas looming we need points quick, 4 points to date is a disaster especially looking at the fixtures coming up.

So what is your solution to the problems we face as a club?

There if far more people involved with the organising of these protest, and far more people who wish to protest than there was against Arsenal.

The message has not been delivered because results have not improved and Steve Kean is still the Manager, Now is not the time to just give up.

Since the last match opinion polls for the Manager have hit an all time low with more than 95% of fans wanting him to be removed with immediate effect.

You will see from my following posts that I've moderated the "Self-promotion" comment which was a bit unfair.

But honestly Glenn, do you really think Kean is the only problem? I just wonder why Venky's are not given the same treatment?

I think the protest has to be regular untill it achieves imrovement or Kean is removed. Because having one off protests like arsenal then winning can brush the protests away but to carry on regardless of the odd rare win shows fans mean business. Get bbc text on look at the table look at our fixtures think about steve kean...now tell me is there any reaon NOT to carry on making our voices heard? THIS WILL HIT HOME SOON ENOUGH!

You will see from my following posts that I've moderated the "Self-promotion" comment which was a bit unfair.

But honestly Glenn, do you really think Kean is the only problem? I just wonder why Venky's are not given the same treatment?

They are not given the same treatment because it is obviously much more difficult to remove the venkys as sole owners of the club.

They have said recently that they want the club to succeed and are willing to do what it takes, this is extremely good news surely.

Our biggest priority by far is to avoid relegation by any means , which involves removing Kean as soon as possible.

Best to let the protesters increase the pressure as much as possible, good luck to them the sooner we get a proper experienced manager

the better. Dont forget they are protesting in the best interests of the club and not for personal gain.

So what is your solution to the problems we face as a club?

I don't have an answer but my solid belief is that protesting BEFORE a match is not the way forwards, with the popularity of this thread I must be very much in a minority but there we go. Protest after the match as much as you want, get our point across that we want Kean out! Before the match though? I really don't see the need to do it before, the players have stated it doesn't help, the atmosphere at Ewood has been awful all season.

Fingers crossed I can inherit a few hundered millon overnight and me and you 47er will sort all.

I don't have an answer but my solid belief is that protesting BEFORE a match is not the way forwards, with the popularity of this thread I must be very much in a minority but there we go. Protest after the match as much as you want, get our point across that we want Kean out! Before the match though? I really don't see the need to do it before, the players have stated it doesn't help, the atmosphere at Ewood has been awful all season.

Fingers crossed I can inherit a few hundered millon overnight and me and you 47er will sort all.

Protesting before the match shows that the manager must go regardless of the one off result. It is important that the owners and the press realise that the majority of the fans want him gone and that will never change. The protest must keep going until he is gone and to all organising are doing a fantastic job to date keep it up.

Venky's are and have been a large part of the problem, but bearing in mind how hard it was to sell the club before when we were a relatively stable side, how hard do you think it would be to sell it now? Therefore we are probably stuck with the owners we have. We can't change that very easily but currently there are experienced managers out there who might see us as worth taking on. The more we get left behind by the rest the less likely it is that another manager will touch us with a barge pole. Kean shoud have gone at the end of last season when it should have been thanks but no more thanks. That would have given us time to sort things out. As it stands we have little time left before the situation becomes irrepairable. Kean needs to go now, whether he gets the team to win against QPR or not. Even a victory like Fulham's would not be good enough to earn him a stay of execution in most fans' eyes now. And I very much doubt we'll get a victory of any sort, let alone a thumping good one. I won't be there protesting before the Spurs match because i'm taking visitors to the match and can't really abandon them in Blackburn - they're from Burnley and probably aren't safe out on their own - but if we lose to Spurs and look half as shambolic as we did against City I'll be there after the match as I was after City and I suspect even our Burnley friends will be with us.

After today's appointment of Clement and Kean's further bullsh1t outrages, I believe more and more fans are becoming alienated by the minute.

I hope that Venky's and Kean face a wrath from the fans that has never been experienced at Ewood before.

IMV, our club is dying on its feet and the clowns need to leave what has rapidly turned into a circus.

After today's appointment of Clement and Kean's further bullsh1t outrages, I believe more and more fans are becoming alienated by the minute.

I hope that Venky's and Kean face a wrath from the fans that has never been experienced at Ewood before.

IMV, our club is dying on its feet and the clowns need to leave what has rapidly turned into a circus.

If we lose tomorrow, it will be like Galatassary 'welcome to hell'

This is a call to arms.

If you support this current owner, board, manager then I really think your time to sit in the corner and be quiet has come.

Mr Kean's comment today show the man has no respect, and worst of all sheer arrogance over the supporters of Blackburn Rovers.

Win, lose or draw in the coming weeks this man must be removed. The owners well that fight will be for another day.

First we have to win the Kean out battle first !!

I've often dreamed of that! Trouble is I don't think there are any lotteries which would give us the money to run a Premier League club. But its a delicious thought!

This hurts because there are living in a silly world when there know we fans are not behide clueless Kean.

Or, in other words, we'll keep our fingers crossed! Let's hope the previous message which seemed to be coming from Pune [viz. 2 more games], is more accurate.

There it is, no need to fear all. Steve has it all in hand;

"They asked me then do you think things will improve and why will they improve? I told them we will get our results and want to use the young players. No doubt we will come through this as well."

His response on how will things improve is to get results and use the young players .... HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH. Can you imagine if your boss asked how your performance is going to improve and you came out with some half-assed response like that? You'd be binned off.

Archived