BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How to seperate wanting the manager to lose and wanting to team to win

chris

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a major dilemna but for me even at QPR I was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. I hate losing but for the long term future of the club it is the only option. I also blame Venkys they can obviously see because of their inability to fire Kean it is causing major arguments/problems/fights amongst the fanbase who they claim are their family!. I only hope Venkatesh sticks to his word about getting results by hook or crook but as they say talk is cheap actions need to be taken.

I also blame Venkys

That's another point I was meant to make.

Under the past regime we never had the need to feel like this because we trusted Williams to make the right decisions. He wasn't afraid to accept he made a mistake hiring Ince and rectified with enough time to spare.

It feels like Venky's will find any excuse not to fire Kean, and will happily risk the club being relegated to keep him as manager. The only possible thing that will sway them is a run of bad results. Seemingly 1 win in 8 games isn't bad enough, so maybe it needs a run of defeats.

Would you rather have a run of wins or a run of defeats?

But we won't have a run of wins under Kean. That's the point.

The occasional win will only buy him more time and less games for a real manager to save our ass.

when a thread like this enters a messageboard, you know apathy and disillusion is in the vicinity.

It has already been mentioned, that no one wants us to lose, but some are willing to lose a battle, for strategic purposes, if it means we win the war.

but abbey surely if rovers win then the protest will just be dismissed as it was against arsenal.

So you want us to lose? How can you support a team and want it to lose???????

And as for wanting to lose against burnley then your either a dingle troll or an embarrassment of a rovers fan!!!!!

We need points Ffs , I hear what people are saying but anyone who wants us to lose is not a fan.

I never felt more like singing the blues

When rovers win and burnley lose

Rovers til I die

Not kean not venkys but ROVERS

Yes we all want kean out but I want rovers to win more!

when a thread like this enters a messageboard, you know apathy and disillusion is in the vicinity.

It has already been mentioned, that no one wants us to lose, but some are willing to lose a battle, for strategic purposes, if it means we win the war.

Bull .. If it was war we could legally put a bullet between the venky eyes!...read again theres people on here who have said they want us to lose!

I don't think, ahead of any match 'I want us to lose', but when we do inevitably lose, I can't say it bothers me.

In fact, I agree with whoever said above that, even at 0-4 against City, I was happy for them to get a few more to really twist the knife into the embarrassment of a manager we currently have.

That said, I've never had this super-duper mega love for Rovers - it's just my local team that I'm proud to support, so I'm sure that somehow makes me less of a fan. Or something.

abbey my burnley comment was more tongue-in-cheek, i dont want rovers to lose in an ideal world, i always want us to win but cant bring myself to cheer knowing that weasel will just fob off the anti-kean brigade if we do, as against arsenal, it just makes my skin crawl. i dont hate the players, i have no feelings towards the raos one way or the other to be honest and i love the club but it hurts me more seeing kean trying to give the v's to the supporters whenever rovers get a 'positive' result, i have a heavy heart when i say this but rovers losing means kean losing and that makes me happy.

i would take a walloping against burnley if it meant kean getting the boot.

No not ever-not in any case or any sceanrio.We cant throw 33 years of superiority away-not even to get rid of Clotted Kean. If we win on Sunday I'll be happy-but if we loose I'll take comfort from it hastening the demise of that carpet bagging chancer.

The tragedy is that we fans ever had to face this dilemma. My own position is that I can want us to lose in theory for the greater good but I can't wake up on Saturday morning and go through with it.

I can't recall a manger being so unpopular yet staying so long-----that's what's causing the dilemma------we've never had to face such stubbornness and stupidity from our owners before.

If we lose on Sunday and if the demo is a huge one and if the crowd is unmistakably in revolt, I couldn't say with any certainty that Kean would be sacked.

What then? An empty stadium?

I honestly think we are in danger of losing a generation of supporters if this goes on much longer. It happened in 1960 and it took us years to recover.

Archived