BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

Makey as been spot on when he has given info. If that is whats happening its still not great.

To me it says they are still giving him time.....it could all be too late, even if we pick up points I dont trust kean to lead the team for enough points to survive.

If we do lose to barcodes surley they have to sack him.

They said they wanted to aim for top half and maybe a cup win. Going out of the cup at our first real challenge while being in the relagation zone surley has to make them finally pull their finger put and do what is needed

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potentially signing a new contract?!

Well if that isn't a huge 'V' to the fans from our Venky overlords, then I don't know what is.

If true, and it's a contract to stay on as Rovers manager, I'm completely out and will never support Rovers whilst Venky's are involved.

Again if true, absolutely disgraceful.

With any luck, it's a contract to do something other than relegate the side and we'll get a proper manager in.

I would welcome Sven and Faz with open arms. Sven and Uncle Jack were on good terms, especially after tearing up the pre-contract, so I have no worried about his Rovers past.

I'll wait until an official announcement is made (if there is one) before passing judgement.

It could be utter tosh. Then again it could be a mark of backing him to the hilt. Then again it might be a contract to be the new chicken mascot who knows?

All in good time, try to stay calm folks until we know for sure.

The fact they appear to have got the information from Kamy should probably worry you a bit more.

I haven't said that Kean is getting a new contract, I genuinely don't know if this rumour is true. This is something that Glen Mullan has been told and he posted it earlier in this thread, and has been picked up by someone at the Daily Mail. It is interesting that the story has been credited to a "sportsmail reporter", I am reassured that Nick Harris (who is very close to Mrs D) hasn't written it or has written it and isn't confident about the story so has not put his name to it.

As I posted yesterday afternoon, everything that I am being told by people within the club and from contacts in Pune is pointing towards Kean NOT getting sacked at the moment. There are people within the club who want Kean out and they have made their feelings known to Mrs D, now it is upto her to take the next step. If Kean remains it will not be a surprise to me if one of the Hunt's leaves the club in the next few weeks.

The other factor that might play a part is the future of Martin O'Neil, Leicester are likely to make him their number one target to replace Sven. If there is any truth in the rumour that some of Venky's advisors want O'Neil as Rovers next manager then they could approach Mrs D again if it appears that O'Neil is open to a return to Leicester.

To conclude, quite a number of things have happened since Sunday but the fact remains that Kean is still our manager. How long has he got? that is impossible to predict, with Venky's absolutely anything is possible. If we lose to Newcastle on Wednesday could that have a bearing? Possibly, ditto against Norwich.

If they give him a new contract, whilst that would genuinely shock me, it will also confirm to me at least that all the stuff from Venky's about listening to fans etc. is simply total BS and it would for me the point where the relationship between the fans and the owners would become broken beyond repair.

The other factor that might play a part is the future of Martin O'Neil, Leicester are likely to make him their number one target to replace Sven. If there is any truth in the rumour that some of Venky's advisors want O'Neil as Rovers next manager then they could approach Mrs D again if it appears that O'Neil is open to a return to Leicester.

God how I would love MoN to dig us out of this hole. He is a great manager and has an excellent backroom team. Just hope that he is not put off by dealing Venkys.

Does anyone actually think O'Neill would choose Leicester over us? I don't.

That is a good question and one that only Venkys can answer. Its up to them to sell the club to who ever they want to bring in. I will say the championship is a complete nightmare to get but of and maybe Mon does no think its worth the risk of not coming up.

Anyone read the Times article?

Blackburn manager Steve Kean has received another pledge of support from Anuradha Desai, the club's chairwoman, amid growing dissatisfaction at Ewood Park.

Full story: the Times (subscription)

Anyone read the Times article?

Blackburn manager Steve Kean has received another pledge of support from Anuradha Desai, the club's chairwoman, amid growing dissatisfaction at Ewood Park.

Full story: the Times (subscription)

Can you cut and paste it on here, as I'm not a Times subscriber

Just read it in the office Mrs Desai behind Kean, she is not willing to do anything this week.

Some members of the board are concerned. DOF has been suggested recently.

Not much we have not already heard.

Resassuring to hear the future of our club is being dictated by someone (Mrs D) who knew nothing about football until the start of this year. You would never have guessed given our position in the table.

Resassuring to hear the future of our club is being dictated by someone (Mrs D) who knew nothing about football until the start of this year. You would never have guessed given our position in the table.

This is the most stupid part of it if you ask me. Surely if you want your business in the news you want them to be successful so why h3ll would you risk taking you team down and thus out of the public gaze?

• Backroom

I haven't said that Kean is getting a new contract, I genuinely don't know if this rumour is true. This is something that Glen Mullan has been told and he posted it earlier in this thread, and has been picked up by someone at the Daily Mail.

Sorry mate, I thought it was you but you're right, Glen brought it up so apologies!

If we lose/draw at Norwich and Kean still stays I don't really see a way back for us tbh.

If they give him a new contract, whilst that would genuinely shock me, it will also confirm to me at least that all the stuff from Venky's about listening to fans etc. is simply total BS and it would for me the point where the relationship between the fans and the owners would become broken beyond repair.

As unlikely as the story probably is, if this happens it's Venky's giving a massive middle finger to us Rovers fans for the protests etc, I don't know what they'd hope to achieve by giving **** (can't even say his name anymore) another contract. I'm sure I speak for a few fans when I say that the club will not see another penny from me until new owners are in place.

A line from the LT - Caroline Silk to be appointed financial director

Finally.... This transfer has taken ages. From what I read over a month ago they were agreeing a compensation package with her former employers. Movement at our club in glacial.

We are sleepwalking into oblivion

Finally.... This transfer has taken ages. From what I read over a month ago they were agreeing a compensation package with her former employers. Movement at our club in glacial.

We are sleepwalking into oblivion

At that level it's not unusual to have a 6 month notice period.

Archived