BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

Sky Sources: Sven-Goran Eriksson sacked by Leicester. More on SSN

Sven sacked - BBC

Time for a title change Ma D as voting, and personal opinion, does not seem to compute with you.

anurada_desai_20051205.jpg

"Managing Dictator"

Is she holding little Steve when he was just a bonny baby?

Could be BS but

Roversinsider :MEETING...DESAI has agreed to give Kean two more games (I do not know if the cup game is one of them) but they are exploring possible alternatives in the meantime. Desai wants Kean to stay in some capacity & has asked them to .to seriously consider another figure brought in. The big problem is that she is against being seen to 'give in' to fan pressure as she thinks it will set a bad precedent. The 'helper' is seen as a compromise but the committee HAVE managed to convince her things must change. They now believe they can convince her to replace Kean completely.

just passing it on

''she is against being seen to 'give in' to fan pressure as she thinks it will set a bad precedent'' - its a cultural thing..............

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today in Summary ~ For those who don't want to skip back 12 pages.

(Please don't take this the wrong way, just a bobfleming-esque lookback)

early am - A board member who as recently as Saturday declared I'm never going to Rovers ever again, says he's been at the ground and spoken to a peroxide blonde young female employee in the lottery office, who says "There will be a big announcement made today."

mid am - excitement builds as every man and his dog claims to know there is a Skype video chat taking place between Kean and Mrs Desai

late am - A tweet by a man with a questionable track record says he expects a big announcement soon, the messageboard gets busier and reaches fever pitch when another member claims that if Kean doesn't get sacked today, Simon and Paul Hunt will both leave the club in a blaze of glory.

midday - Things calm down slightly as everyone stops for a spot of lunch, most members start to fantasise about who the next manager will be. The board member who started the rumour uses this break to run 5k in a Usain Bolt like 3 mins. "Has nothing happened since I've been gone?.......Bloody hell."

early pm - Out of nowhere, certain members claim that Kean is on the phone to his agent, getting ready to sign a long term deal to spear head Venky's long term vision at the club.

mid pm - All hell breaks loose, people threaten to shove their season tickets up/on/in members of the Venky's group, but at the same time say that if Kean is handed a new contract they will NEVER go to Ewood again.

late pm - Kean now to head up the new academy in India, and that was the reason for the contract rumour, board settles down and looks forward to a busy night of over reacting to more rumours from reliable, yet un-named sources.

Brilliant. (& thanks)

That wouldn't be a cultural thing. It is an incredibly idiotic, dictatorial and arrogant thing. Stupidity is stupidity whatever nation you are from, and Mrs. Desai is proving to be thick as pig poo about all things Blackburn Rovers.

So there is no major news then. At least Kean hasn't got a 15 year contract. Yet.

''she is against being seen to 'give in' to fan pressure as she thinks it will set a bad precedent'' - its a cultural thing..............

Personally if it helps Mrs D, I'm happy to drive to Ewood for a pro-Kean rally now?

I think they need to realise the fans only want the best for the club, and credit us for having a bit of intelligence.

Thanks, maybe I am an idiot but what the eck!!

It was a female employee with blond hair ( possibly dyed, but I will nevrer get to know).

Sorry but you don't expect me to doff her in do you, but the info is 100% kosher.

OMG all day long I thought it said (possibly dyked..)...now that's how rumours start :blush:

His win percentage there was 45% and had dropped to something like 33% this season, he still looks like a managerial god when compared to Kean.

It's gotten so bad that I actually wish Ince was in charge, at least his post match tennis watching interviews had some comedy value. :unsure:

Just been down to Ewood to pay my Rovers Return lottery (it is a charity and NO money goes to Venkys). I was told, not by the lottery ladies, that there is "a major announcement to be made by the Club later today"!!!!!!

Was she talking about an announcement at her bridge club? It's looking like you've been sold a dummy PB.

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has been sacked as boss of Leicester City, BBC Sport understands.I bet people will throw his name around and i dont rate him as a manager.

Don`t stop posting buddy your info buddy, there is alwasy a minority who you can`t please no matter what you know, or post - just put on your thick skin and ignore it. I have been happy to read your bits of info to be honest and welcome it !

I wouldn`t mind Sven at Rovers, nor Keegan, Hughes, MoN to be honest....................

hopefully Kean does go to India - was there any indication if he accepted or was interested in this ?

i was in a state of frenzy about the kean contract thing for a bit until i realised that there would surely be no way they would be that stupid and naive, they would surely know the backlash they would get off the fans if they gave him a new contract, i still live in hope that they see sense but commonsense isnt one of venky's strong points.

I can't remember the last time I was excited about Rovers.

As for kean I truely get so angry when I think about him.

Hand on heart if he gets a new contract (I mean ever) i'm done with football. I could never support anyother team.

He is a disgusting human being, if that even.

Please god let him be sacked and soon.

KEAN OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Backroom

If the Venky's are not getting rid of Kean because they see it as giving in to fan pressure then god help us! all that attitude will do is drag us kicking and screaming into the Championship (and beyond).

Please Venky's.. look at the results during Kean's reign.. Sven got sacked today for having a BETTER record !!!!!!!

Archived