BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If Kean did manage to turn things around

Ricky

223 members have voted

1. 1. If Kean turned it around and we started winning more games, pulling ourselves out of the bottom three, would you get behind Kean or has he gone beyond the point of no return and you still want him out?

• Yes I'd still want him out
    • No I'd give him a second chance

The Family? You certainly went to homage classes didn't you?

Now I understand why the scumbags+scumbagagents decided to do-one on BRFC. Its because we probably have the most compliant supporter base in the country. Look at us. In utter turmoil and we still have supporters doffing their caps. Unbelievable.

If you have the money to buy Rovers and do well for the team then I might doff my cap to you. Doubt if our supporter base is any different to any other club, just smaller than the rest of the Premiership and so more reliant on the owners subsidising the club.

By the way, I don't read anything into the post you replied to apart from the acceptance that it is the Raos who will decide whether Kean comes or goes, which agents to use or whoever is hired or fired at Ewood. They will, no doubt, take notice of the demonstrations but at the end of it they own the club FULL STOP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though pretty sure there was a story regarding Rochina and third party payments....anyway, you are correct, some of my points relate more to the owners however Kean and his agent are so closely tied in therefore naturally any comments could relate to all of them.

I agree that Kean would have done well to part company with Anderson and co as it would have taken away one of the issues with his appointment.

I'd give him a second chance. I don't think I could ever bring myself to like him, but if he gets results (A big 'if' it has to be said...) then he should stay. It's also a pragmatic viewpoint. If he's not getting sacked now, then he sure as hell won't get sacked if results improve. So wanting him out when I know it's not going to happen isn't a situation I want to be in.

The only way Kean is going to get himself a second chance is, if, he brings in higher quality players than the ones he has now.

Dont care about what starting eleven he can put out right now, for me he doesnt have the quality in the squad to put on the pitch to be able get the results that he dreams of.

Why do you always chirp up after a bad result?

I was wondering what had happened to you these past few days.

you say that if mid week was a good result. it was a good day for the club, and exciting for the fans. but if that was a league game we would have thrown away 2 goals (and 2 league points) in added on time.

i was happy that we got through, but to say that was a good result is silly. a good result was 2-0 (or even 2-1) and everyone going home at full time, not having the physical and emotional drain of the thrilling extra time.

this week has shown why kean wont turn it around. i think we have played very well as a team in all 3 games this week, but kean's tactical prowess has been well and truly shown up. twice he has thrown an easy win away (once he was lucky enough that there was extra time which we did very well in, but it saved his blushes in a very big way)

i really do try to be positive, but how many goals do we have to be up by before we are save? i said after the arsenal game we wont win games this season without scoring 4 goals, and i think so far that has been shown to be correct.

Kean has had so few good results (and most of them were extremely lucky) that its very hard to say anything positive about the idiot.

Even if he wins the next five matces why would anyone support the lying scumbag?

KEAN OUT

To be honest I don't know how I'd feel if Kean did manage to turn it around. I know it's a results game and I should be happy with the wins but could I put up with seeing his smug face when we're winning?

The question is irrelevant as asking what I'd do with a big lottery win because at the moment I really can't see it happening!

To me, if he is getting the right results why would we part with him? To say otherwise would be to discount the argument that when there are bad results he should go.

I appreciate that there is a view that his behaviour off the pitch is not acceptable and I do not condone his drink-driving conviction. However, none of that would get him dismissed in any other job (apart from as a professional driver) so I really don't see how that comes into the equation.

To me the critical thing is how the team are reacting to him and the results. The former looks ok in terms of how they are trying, the latter is the critical part. So get the results and he stays.

I will actually ask you the question again, do you think Steve Kean is good for our proud football club?

You clearly did not like Sam, but I know many of the current players rated him the best manager they ever played under.

Bottom of the table tells its own story, simply put, I always want the best for our club.

I will actually ask you the question again, do you think Steve Kean is good for our proud football club?

You clearly did not like Sam, but I know many of the current players rated him the best manager they ever played under.

Bottom of the table tells its own story, simply put, I always want the best for our club.

Surprisingly, despite your take on my posts, I did like Sam because he got results. Was it appropriate that he went? In my opinion no but whether he would ever have had a working relationship with the Raos is another matter given his single-mindedness. Ask Phil Gartside whether he enjoyed working with him at the end. Anyway all a bit of an irrelevance now, water under the bridge etc..

Is Steve Kean good for our football club? Not whilst the results are going the way they are but he isn't a lost cause yet. As I said before if he can turn the results around then he stays. His problem is that time is running out in that area.

I felt that the Rovers were well set-up at Norwich but the two goals we conceded late on were brutal and undeserved. Still, you make your own luck in the long-term.

Is Steve Kean good for our football club? Not whilst the results are going the way they are but he isn't a lost cause yet. As I said before if he can turn the results around then he stays. His problem is that time is running out in that area.

The problem is the more time you give Kean, the less time you give a competent manager to turn things around. Every match he remains in charge merely increases the likelihood of relegation. He's had 31 matches to prove himself and has failed.

when do we have good results, thats plural not singular distant memories,

why are you defending the indefensible?

I think we maybe missing the major point here, if he turns it round, then the owners will be (In their eyes) proven to have been correct all along and we have all been misguided / misinformed and therefore paranoid.

N.B. It is the owners who hold ALL the major cards here, may I remind you, we (The supporters), hold NO significant ones, at all.

I've been saying this a while now, and I'm not the only one, by any stretch, but we are aiming our fire at the wrong people, and ask some neutrals, they actually think we are doing more harm than good, and I think it is definitely affecting the players.

Please consider this, the players know / think, in the back of their minds, that if / (Or usually) when we concede, we will target the manager, and stop backing them. Now how must that feel for them? Especially the new or younger players?

Please also consider the enormous stress we are putting them under

In my view, it is time for the protest, to target the owners, and remove the manager and players from the firing line completely, as I don't think we are helping the teams plight at all now.

Now, I'm all for telling people to "Man up" etc etc, and No I don't think Kean should be our manager, and I can't believe he hasn't got any help (DOF etc), but all of this, including the start of this all, with the sacking of BS, and the media circus that then followed around "Marquee" signings etc is the responsibility of our new owners, period.

For me, it really is a time to change our tactics.

If he turned it round then I would hail him as a managerial god.

But, absolutely nothing has shown me he is capable of turning one of the worst ever results percentages round. No one else has managed it. It really is baffling that some people and venkys still think he can. And then think he can mastermind a challenge for a European place.

Apparently we were supposed to be challenging for Europe this season....... :rolleyes:

Archived