BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If Kean did manage to turn things around

Ricky

223 members have voted

1. 1. If Kean turned it around and we started winning more games, pulling ourselves out of the bottom three, would you get behind Kean or has he gone beyond the point of no return and you still want him out?

• Yes I'd still want him out
    • No I'd give him a second chance

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next 8 fixtures include some real "6-pointers". I don't expect anything from the games at home to Chelsea or away to Stoke, but we have to get each something out of the other six. So a total of 14 points from those 24 would be my minimum requirement if I were to vote to retain him. [i'm abstaining at present.]

So you are saying that you are prepared to give him another 8 games? Wow! what the saying ... do the same thins expect the same results? How many games since a clean sheet? How many clean sheets in his tenure? How many league wins in his tenure? How many league points per game in his 30+ game and 2 transfer window tenure? How many chances do you wanna give him? I really think we are down now ... but 8 more games of this ineptitude?

I'd rather he was gone and then we did well, can't really see him turning it around but if somehow he started putting points on the board then I might not exactly be 'supportive' of him but I wouldn't be trying to hound him out either. I can't really imagine cheering 'Stevie Kean's Blue and White Army' under any circumstances unfortunately, maybe if he started trying to right some of his wrongs and not alienate himself against the fans then I might support him but right now the best he can hope for from me is simply letting him get on with his job and backing the team.

Whilst I can understand most of your post and appreciate your view point , I don't give him any sympathy with the "pressure" he's under - it's self inflicted , he wasn't forced to take the temporary managers role, he wasn't forced to fly to Pune to asslick, he wasn't forced to promise Brazillian esque free flowing football and on and on, He manipulated himself with a little help from his friends into positions by lies and boasts so he lives and dies by his decisions. Not being able to fulfil the lies and boasts is what the pressure is about .

He wouldn't be the first person to sell himself to get a better role for himself.

Personally I think he has been let down by the owners on numerous occasions - and he has up to now taken the brunt of the fans anger for failed transfer promises etc. etc. He has been one of the main spokesman for Rovers under Venky's - and I think many of his empty promises have been as a result of being let down by other people - and at times his own naivity.

I do wonder if this is part of the reason why they have stuck by him - any employer would appreciate the loyality that Kean has shown - he has had numerous opportunities to defend himself by blaming the owners - only once have I heard him even slightly criticise them.

If Kean turned results around he would have my 100% support like every other Manager I have supported at Rovers, Its his job to try and keep and he can do that by winning games. This is not personal from me and I think for 99.9% of the time during these protest he has conducted himself very well. He has had the odd slip of tyhe tongue remark but after all he is only huiman. I hope he can prove me wrong and get the results because if he can then we have a premiership team again next season. If NOT then he needs to go like yesterday

Glen - very fair if I may say so.

At what point do you think it would be appropriate to, at least temporarily, call time on the protests ?

Just thinking - in the event of a win at Norwich - would you call a truce for the Chelsea match ?

So you are saying that you are prepared to give him another 8 games? Wow! what the saying ... do the same thins expect the same results? How many games since a clean sheet? How many clean sheets in his tenure? How many league wins in his tenure? How many league points per game in his 30+ game and 2 transfer window tenure? How many chances do you wanna give him? I really think we are down now ... but 8 more games of this ineptitude?

Let's get real, here, sentient; we can debate this till the cows come home, but the decision isn't ours to make - it's the Venky's and it looks they aren't going to get rid of him anytime soon.

If I were part of The Family, I'd be saying, "The next 8 matches are crucial - win fewer than 14 points from them, then sack Kean; win more, then you give him a bit longer." Given their apparent loyalty to him, it's going to take ultimatums like that to concentrate their minds on the situation in which they've dumped us.

Unfortunately, none of us on this board are members of The Family.

IMO, the man is a complete moron both footballing and other wise.

I think he is arrogant, rude, lacks respect for people, has little integrity and, is a liar, as proved in court.

Who in their right mind would want such a charlatan.

IMO, the man is a complete moron both footballing and other wise.

I think he is arrogant, rude, lacks respect for people, has little integrity and, is a liar, as proved in court.

Who in their right mind would want such a charlatan.

Well, our intelligent, caring and passionate owners like him......

"IF"------ one of the shorter words in the English language but one of the saddest. I think there is no possibility that he can turn this round and relegation is a certainty if he remains in charge. Therefore I'm not even going to think about the hypotheticals.

I'm a bit confused about this. Surely there is no evidence whatsoever for him turning it round? I feel like we've entered the twilight zone still having this clown in charge, its just not natural. Every woeful manager I can think of in football has been sacked after approx 10-20 games. Williams gave Ince 17 and it was considered very generous by most Rovers fans. Kean has had 30, put quite simply he shouldn't be here, we're trying to flog a horse that died about 6 months ago. There's more chance of Michael Jackson materialising out of thin air in the centre circle against Chelsea than there is Kean turning things around at Rovers.

How is it confusing? It's very simple. Kean has been in charge during our worst run in the history of the world ever, yet there is talk of him getting a new contract.

During that time we have won a few games, including a great run at the end of last season but a pretty terrible start to this season.

Hence he is more likely to go on a good run than be sacked, based on previous evidence.

How is it confusing? It's very simple. Kean has been in charge during our worst run in the history of the world ever, yet there is talk of him getting a new contract.

During that time we have won a few games, including a great run at the end of last season but a pretty terrible start to this season.

Hence he is more likely to go on a good run than be sacked, based on previous evidence.

I beg your pardon? :blink:

Can we go to Massachusetts and get married? I love you Mr. Moss.

Sorry, Reb. I'm a great admirer of yours but I'm not into the whole "powdered soap in the Navy's showers" scene. :P

At what point do you think it would be appropriate to, at least temporarily, call time on the protests ?

Just thinking - in the event of a win at Norwich - would you call a truce for the Chelsea match ?

I hope not. The Chelsea match is our best short term bet to get the wider world aware of what's going on and, as a result, pressure Venkys.

I don't go with the Kean character assassination stuff. It seems like a poor attempt to boost an argument. He lives or dies by results (even Venkys know that). Amongst the things a manager has to get right if he wants those results are:

1) get the right players

2) motivate the players

3) set the team up right

The jury is out on the new signings but there is some room for optimism.

It seems that most people agree that Kean has got the players busting a gut for him (see PB's excellent Newcastle report for instance). This is not a surprise as most people who meet Kean seem to like him - even Kamy if I remember correctly?

That leaves number 3 and this is the most important. Can he get it right? Evidence suggests he can't (or as many would say - he hasn't got a clue!) Ever the optimist, I still hope for that 10 match unbeaten run - then I'll know which way to vote.

I hope he does turn it around and we march up the league, winning the Carling Cup as well.

However, unless he turns round his own style of communication then he won't ever win over me.

For example:

- don't insult the intelligence of the fans,

- don't believe you have to be positive about everything,

- don't crow over minor plus points,

- don't try and find some ludicrous statistic to try to look good,

- don't keep saying X is the new Y, etc etc

The jury is out on the new signings but there is some room for optimism.

I/quote]

I disagree that the jury is still out on the new signings. The fact that you think the jury is still out means they haven't produced much yet.

That's part of the reason we are bottom and why they were the wrong signings.

To me, if he is getting the right results why would we part with him? To say otherwise would be to discount the argument that when there are bad results he should go.

I appreciate that there is a view that his behaviour off the pitch is not acceptable and I do not condone his drink-driving conviction. However, none of that would get him dismissed in any other job (apart from as a professional driver) so I really don't see how that comes into the equation.

To me the critical thing is how the team are reacting to him and the results. The former looks ok in terms of how they are trying, the latter is the critical part. So get the results and he stays.

He wouldn't be the first person to sell himself to get a better role for himself.

Personally I think he has been let down by the owners on numerous occasions - and he has up to now taken the brunt of the fans anger for failed transfer promises etc. etc. He has been one of the main spokesman for Rovers under Venky's - and I think many of his empty promises have been as a result of being let down by other people - and at times his own naivity.

I do wonder if this is part of the reason why they have stuck by him - any employer would appreciate the loyality that Kean has shown - he has had numerous opportunities to defend himself by blaming the owners - only once have I heard him even slightly criticise them.

The protests will only stop when the fans who are taking part in them want them to stop, The polls are still heavily stacked against the Manager and to date the club has not communicated with the supporters or done anything to calm the concerns, in fact quite the opposite.

Fans frustrations are turning to anger, and if fans don't see the owners act responsible and Steve Kean judged on results then things are going to turn ugly. Its difficult to be involved with organised protest at present because some want to to raise the bar so much that they could be breaking the law. We are trying to prevent this, but the longer this gap between club and supporters grows the more likely people will snap, and then it will be a free for all which no-one can keep control over.

The club are very much in last chance saloon as far as many supporters are concerned, One win will not change anything, but if he can string 4 or 5 together then i'm sure the pressure will ease a little

To me, if he is getting the right results why would we part with him? To say otherwise would be to discount the argument that when there are bad results he should go.

I appreciate that there is a view that his behaviour off the pitch is not acceptable and I do not condone his drink-driving conviction. However, none of that would get him dismissed in any other job (apart from as a professional driver) so I really don't see how that comes into the equation.

To me the critical thing is how the team are reacting to him and the results. The former looks ok in terms of how they are trying, the latter is the critical part. So get the results and he stays.

Out of interest, what is your view of the fact that Steve Kean is managed by Jerome Anderson - in turn this led to the suspicious nature in which he got the job.

The departure of JW who did not like the role of JA according to the lovely Mrs Desai.

Presumably you must have concerns over the running of the club under this brilliant manager? Also, financially, our next set of accounts could make interesting reading...

Let's get real, here, sentient; we can debate this till the cows come home, but the decision isn't ours to make - it's the Venky's and it looks they aren't going to get rid of him anytime soon.

If I were part of The Family, I'd be saying, "The next 8 matches are crucial - win fewer than 14 points from them, then sack Kean; win more, then you give him a bit longer." Given their apparent loyalty to him, it's going to take ultimatums like that to concentrate their minds on the situation in which they've dumped us.

Unfortunately, none of us on this board are members of The Family.

The Family? You certainly went to homage classes didn't you?

Now I understand why the scumbags+scumbagagents decided to do-one on BRFC. Its because we probably have the most compliant supporter base in the country. Look at us. In utter turmoil and we still have supporters doffing their caps. Unbelievable.

Out of interest, what is your view of the fact that Steve Kean is managed by Jerome Anderson - in turn this led to the suspicious nature in which he got the job.

Also surely the contract extension of Nick Blackburn, who would have potentially made money from that? Signing of Myles Anderson, new contract for Kean? Who will make money from that. Rochina, Formica?

The departure of JW who did not like the role of JA according to the lovely Mrs Desai.

Presumably you must have concerns over the running of the club under this brilliant manager? Also, financially, our next set of accounts could make interesting reading...

All the above points are as you say, suspicions, however I suggest that you try and avoid even indirect allegations of corruption in transfer dealings unless you have some evidence, even on a message board that is pretty libellous. There are aspects of his appointment which are at best unfortunate and at worst suspicious. The involvement of Anderson/Kentaro as his agent makes everything more difficult for him from the start but all these points are more relevant to the owners than the fans. The point about the accounts is also for the shareholders to worry about unless they are cutting and running after some asset stripping. Our key interest is that the team does well and as an extra provides some entertainment.

Has he demonstrated inexperience and naivety? Yes.

Has he been over optimistic? Yes.

Do the owners back him? Yes.

Has the team turned on him in public or in their efforts? No.

Have the results been acceptable? No.

It's the last one that is critical, that is how he will be judged in the long-term, so if the results improve to a level that we are heading to finish mid-table then he stays.

Even though pretty sure there was a story regarding Rochina and third party payments....anyway, you are correct, some of my points relate more to the owners however Kean and his agent are so closely tied in therefore naturally any comments could relate to all of them.

Archived