BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If Kean did manage to turn things around

Ricky

223 members have voted

1. 1. If Kean turned it around and we started winning more games, pulling ourselves out of the bottom three, would you get behind Kean or has he gone beyond the point of no return and you still want him out?

• Yes I'd still want him out
    • No I'd give him a second chance

If he turned it around - I am sure his relationship with the fans would improve. I think one thing that nobody seems to take into account is the pressure that he must be under - he obviously isn't handling it very well - but I don't think many people in his position would do (excluding some of the saints we obviously have on this message board :blush: ).

Whilst I can understand most of your post and appreciate your view point , I don't give him any sympathy with the "pressure" he's under - it's self inflicted , he wasn't forced to take the temporary managers role, he wasn't forced to fly to Pune to asslick, he wasn't forced to promise Brazillian esque free flowing football and on and on, He manipulated himself with a little help from his friends into positions by lies and boasts so he lives and dies by his decisions. Not being able to fulfil the lies and boasts is what the pressure is about .

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't ever 100% back Kean after all that he has done, well I think I couldn't.

Its a strange thing all of this, its maddening how something you love can be fronted by someone that you dislike so much. I would in reality love us to go on a long run of shock results and be again that team that people fear to play. This would make Kean safer, if that is at all possible, and entrench himself here further. I also fear that if we continue our form he will remain anyway.

I suppose if he became the manager that he thinks he is(maybe) I could put up with him, like that relative who you really cant stand, but pretend to because, after all, he is family and you are powerless to help that.

Results matter. I cringed at some of the stuff that came out of Sam's mouth, but I backed him as a manager as he got results.

If Kean starting winning (a lot, not a little here, a little there) then I would back him. I just wouldn't listen to a word he said as he's a lying scum bag.

Which is the difference between Sam and Kean. When Sam lost a close one, he'd be congratulatory to the other squad and talk about what they had to work on in training to do better next time. When Sam lost badly, he would frequently directly blame the players (sometimes by name), never himself. I hated that but understood his reasoning. He's a jockey (manager) applying a whip (criticism) to a horse (the players). They have so much money, etc., the only way to poke them is through their pride. I think Glen's protests have had a similar effect on the players.

By contrast, Kean is nothing but positive. No matter how far he has to stretch the truth (or reality) and how many exaggerations (and outright lies) he has to tell, its always positive. He's taken it to the point of being delusional. His credibility is in tatters. He can't stand criticism himself so he lashes out at the fans. By contrast, criticism was like water off a duck's back so far as Sam was concerned.

And that is the difference between the two. Sam was a man manager. Kean is a lickspittle. Regardless, it's about the points.

For me the manager is a critical part to the image of the club not only on but off the field.

He shows no signs of becoming a good manager on the field. Most of our positive results this year have involved quite alot of luck in my opinion.

Off the field, he is arrogant, a convicted drunk driver, a liar and treats the fans like dirt.

So in conclusion I will never ever stop wanting him out of my club.

But this will vary from fan to fan and result to result for most fans.

Results matter. I cringed at some of the stuff that came out of Sam's mouth, but I backed him as a manager as he got results.

If Kean starting winning (a lot, not a little here, a little there) then I would back him. I just wouldn't listen to a word he said as he's a lying scum bag.

Which is the difference between Sam and Kean. When Sam lost a close one, he'd be congratulatory to the other squad and talk about what they had to work on in training to do better next time. When Sam lost badly, he would frequently directly blame the players (sometimes by name), never himself. I hated that but understood his reasoning. He's a jockey (manager) applying a whip (criticism) to a horse (the players). They have so much money, etc., the only way to poke them is through their pride. I think Glen's protests have had a similar effect on the players.

By contrast, Kean is nothing but positive. No matter how far he has to stretch the truth (or reality) and how many exaggerations (and outright lies) he has to tell, its always positive. He's taken it to the point of being delusional. His credibility is in tatters. He can't stand criticism himself so he lashes out at the fans. By contrast, criticism was like water off a duck's back so far as Sam was concerned.

And that is the difference between the two. Sam was a man manager. Kean is a lickspittle. Regardless, it's about the points.

Can we go to Massachusetts and get married? I love you Mr. Moss.

I'm sure I've said it before on here,but I really couldn't give two flying figs about his personality. If he can get results,then thats good enough for me. As things stand,his reign has been substandard. Thats why I want him out,just like I wanted Ince out. If by some mirace Kean turned it around and produced consistent results,then I'd have no problem with him staying on.

For me I think we need to be able to trust the manager and to feel he understands us and that he connects with the fans. Kean will NEVER do that, he's arrogant and sly and therefore I want him out, no matter what.

I hope results improve, but I also hope Kean is still potted by the owners.

As Venky's aren't prepared to sack him when results are poor there is no way that they will get rid of him if results improve. I simply want to see Rovers winning again regardless of who the manager is. The club is far more important than individuals and as Venky's are completely committed to Kean we can only hope things improve under him.

In calling for Kean to be sacked we are really saying that Mrs. Desai doesn't have a clue what she is doing - which I suspect is fairly accurate. Unfortunately, she doesn't strike me as a woman who will give in to pressure no matter how wrong she might be and in supporting Kean you just can't get anymore wrong than that.

funny some are talking about giving kean a second chance, in my book he got his 2 chance a long long time ago.

I have no proof, but i believe he somehow backstabbed sam, the man who offered him his job. He has jumped reporters, lied in court, Gotten arrested for DUI, but the worst yet is, i believe he has lied on several occasions to us fans and done so deliberately.

Im afraid i will never like him or respect him. Im still debating myself, whether i could tolerate him, even if he starts winning.

I voted no ..... simple fact ... i support blackburn rovers .... not the manager ... not the owner ... not the ball boy .... or the tea lady ....all these parts work in cohesion for the betterment of our club ... any part of the unit not working remove and replace ....simple ...

kean is not my uncle or aunt in disguise(possibly aunt) so no personal love or hate ... results and the future of rovers is paramount ... :rover:

The poll has one huge flaw! There is zero chance of a successful run under Kean. End of story.

Not only that, if he turned it around he would have managed to transport Blackburn to fantasy island

the plane, the plane!

It is a bit like saying would you vote for Robert Mugabi if he wasn't an evil racist dictator who kills his own people. I actually have nothing against Kean. I just don't want to see Rovers go down. If he delivered on this media commments then we would all be happy

If he turns it around, i'm all for backing him because

(1) His relationship with the players is healthy and has well kept the team together

(2) He has assembled a young squad full of talent, albeit raw - if he can keep the team together we would have our most exciting squad in seasons, yet also having the policy of breeding young talent for the first team

If..

The poll has one huge flaw! There is zero chance of a successful run under Kean. End of story.

Based on current available evidence I would say there is more chance of him turning it around than there is of him being sacked. Hence this poll is more valid that the "give more time" or "sack him now" poll.

Would I want him out? No.

For me, although I really do dislike Kean as a man, it's all about results and my opinion that Kean has to go is based on results and performances - both of which have been horrific.

If he did manage a sustained set of good results, ie over a number of months, then I'd absolutely be happy for him to carry on.

It's simple - lose lots of games and show incompetence = sack Kean.

Do well and win lots of matches = he can stay.

Sums up my thoughts too.

If Kean turned results around he would have my 100% support like every other Manager I have supported at Rovers, Its his job to try and keep and he can do that by winning games. This is not personal from me and I think for 99.9% of the time during these protest he has conducted himself very well. He has had the odd slip of tyhe tongue remark but after all he is only huiman. I hope he can prove me wrong and get the results because if he can then we have a premiership team again next season. If NOT then he needs to go like yesterday

If Kean turned results around he would have my 100% support like every other Manager I have supported at Rovers, Its his job to try and keep and he can do that by winning games. This is not personal from me and I think for 99.9% of the time during these protest he has conducted himself very well. He has had the odd slip of tyhe tongue remark but after all he is only huiman. I hope he can prove me wrong and get the results because if he can then we have a premiership team again next season. If NOT then he needs to go like yesterday

go on admit it, you think he is a @#/?

If Kean turns things around and gets us into the top 10 like he says we are so near? Well he's on his thrid chance already! Come on folks we are not dealing in hypotheticals here ... we are bottom of the league so the question is do you think Kean can/will turn it around? My answer is no. This is such a pathetic strawman poll I really can't believe it. More roa-pr from people who really should know better. Don't credit Kean with achievements that he has failed miserably to achieve. :angry:

I was explaining to my Geordie mate just before Extra time on Wednesday night the dilemma that a lot of us have about Kean:

lose and it's hopefully another nail in his coffin [although with these owners, I wouldn't bet on it];

win and it's definitely another stay of execution for him.

So did we begin to turn the corner on Wednesday night, or was it just that the Newcastle back 4 were so cr4p and the referee so bizarre in some of his decisions? I hope the former; I fear the latter, because I think that Kean got things wrong in a number of ways on Wednesday.

However

If, and it's a bloody big if, we have turned the corner, then as a fan of the club [certainly not of the man], I'd be slightly less er "keen" [sorry about that! ;) Taxi for m1st!] than I am at present on getting rid.

The next 8 fixtures include some real "6-pointers". I don't expect anything from the games at home to Chelsea or away to Stoke, but we have to get each something out of the other six. So a total of 14 points from those 24 would be my minimum requirement if I were to vote to retain him. [i'm abstaining at present.]

Based on current available evidence I would say there is more chance of him turning it around than there is of him being sacked. Hence this poll is more valid that the "give more time" or "sack him now" poll.

I'm a bit confused about this. Surely there is no evidence whatsoever for him turning it round? I feel like we've entered the twilight zone still having this clown in charge, its just not natural. Every woeful manager I can think of in football has been sacked after approx 10-20 games. Williams gave Ince 17 and it was considered very generous by most Rovers fans. Kean has had 30, put quite simply he shouldn't be here, we're trying to flog a horse that died about 6 months ago. There's more chance of Michael Jackson materialising out of thin air in the centre circle against Chelsea than there is Kean turning things around at Rovers.

Archived