BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If Kean did manage to turn things around

Ricky

223 members have voted

1. 1. If Kean turned it around and we started winning more games, pulling ourselves out of the bottom three, would you get behind Kean or has he gone beyond the point of no return and you still want him out?

• Yes I'd still want him out
    • No I'd give him a second chance

The following question was posed by Aggyblue on another thread.

If Kean turned it around and we started winning more games, pulling ourselves out of the bottom three, would you get behind Kean or has he gone beyond the point of no return and you still want him out?

Glenn suggested that a poll could be a good option for this, so here it is.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following question was posed by Aggyblue on another thread.

Glenn suggested that a poll could be a good option for this, so here it is.

Kean isn't the main problem, he is just a painful symptom.

If Kean did manage to turn things around would I still want rid of Venkys? Yes.

Would I want him out? No.

For me, although I really do dislike Kean as a man, it's all about results and my opinion that Kean has to go is based on results and performances - both of which have been horrific.

If he did manage a sustained set of good results, ie over a number of months, then I'd absolutely be happy for him to carry on.

It's simple - lose lots of games and show incompetence = sack Kean.

Do well and win lots of matches = he can stay.

Was thinking about this question only this morning.

Wholehearted - Get him out regardless.

The man is a shyster of the highest order - I'm not going to list all his exploits, anyone who's been visiting these forums since he took charge will know them, and I'd rather not wear my keyboard out for that prize gonk if I'm honest.

There will of course be a counter argument to say that that shouldn't matter if he gets us results, but it matters to me.

I would support anyone who has the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club at heart and I don't think he falls into that category and to be perfectly honest, I've yet to be convinced by anyone that Venkys do either.

Up the Rovers.

For me it's a results industry. did I have a dislike of Robbie Savage, EHD, and Bellamy before we signed them, yes I did.

Did I cheer them and love it when they were doing well for us, again, yes I did.

For the same reason I would have no problems with Kean staying in post if there was some sort of miricle turn around. My issue is that the results since he's been in charge have not been good enough. My reasons for wanting him out are based purely on results.

Im always there to be won round. Six of our next seeven games are winnable. If he won four of them I would be encouraged. There is always the argument that he is inexperienced and learning.

Anyone who says they cabn't be won round is lying to themselves. It all depends on results. If Kean wins a bunch of games then everyones tune will change. The question is can he do it? I sincerely doubt it...

If Kean starts winning games I am there to be won over. I wil give him credit for clearly subscribing to the idea that football should be played on the ground.

I have strong doubts he is capable of turning it around though. Time will tell.

Wow, Im surprised to see such a even Poll so far.

I dislike Kean first and foremost jugded on his results, but he is a slimey liar, and I would be very happy to see him go anyway, results or not. I mean, if (unrealisticly) he had taken us to top 6-7, then of course I would have to reconsider my mind, but common, the best we could hope for is around 10 place and in that case I would never accept him at the club.

KEAN OUT FOREVER!!

I also love how this poll has transpired after ONE WIN, which wasn't even a league game. Sheeeeeet.... If Kean actually won a couple of PL games back to back, then maybe you could post this hypothesis. Just shows the mentality of some fans.

I have voted to give him another chance. My main reason - the squad is still behind him - it would be absolute madness to sack a manager if results were ok. Having said that our owners have a record of doing that with Sam.

I think for anyone that doesn't personally like Kean and want him out for that reason - they need to consider how much they like Fergie, Mourinho etc. Being liked isn't necessarily a pre-requesite for being a good football manager - results are the key - and at the moment that is the main reason he is a bad manager.

If he turned it around - I am sure his relationship with the fans would improve. I think one thing that nobody seems to take into account is the pressure that he must be under - he obviously isn't handling it very well - but I don't think many people in his position would do (excluding some of the saints we obviously have on this message board :blush: ).

Home form is the key, if Kean can rebuild fortress ewood and produce a consistent run of home victories not just the odd one, then

he may be worth persevering with from the fans point of view. Results and points are all that really matter in our situation,I would be

surprised if he could acheive much beyond the odd result here and there resulting in relegation. Its going to be very interesting

to see how long the venkys patience lasts if results do not improve.

The worrying thing here is the trend seems to be if we get a few wins everything will be hunky dory. Oh dear...

However, moot point (and thread) ultimately - he won't turn our season around he's not good enough. Good baromoeter though to see the proportion of people who just want rovers winning regardless of whether the club has had their heart and soul ripped out by foreign investors.

Kean out.

For me it's not personal - I just want Rovers to do well & if by some miracle Kean turned it round then I would be happy. Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger etc all have some very annoying traits but you can offset these against their results - at present we have nothing to offset Keans annoyingness against...

I might add to this that liviing in Australia I never see any of Kean's media performances - I can't be bothered to download any of them & he is never shown on TV here - maybe if I saw him more often I might have a different opinion.

Archived