BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is it time to stop protesting and get behind the manager, the owners and the team?

Roost

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree.

I took my son as I've already said and I have to say it was the most non confrontational protest I've ever been on, at one point I thought they'd be handing out prawn sandwiches it was that nicey nicey.

Anyone scared to protest doesn't have a desire to protest in my book and is hiding behind excuses.

I'm not saying they are confrontational though am I ?

Bit harsh Abbey !!

Without going into to much detail my mate wants to take his son to his first game and while all these protests are going on there is not a cat in hells chance that this is going to happen. You can hardly blame them for feeling like this at the moment.

I think its a shame that it has come to this.

It's just another reason why Venkys need to sort this out.

Harsh? Why? There's been no mider , trouble or anything . If he's scared of protesters god knows what they would of 80's footy. He's being soft and using it has an excuse!

Harsh? Why? There's been no mider , trouble or anything . If he's scared of protesters god knows what they would of 80's footy. He's being soft and using it has an excuse!

He's not scared but he is being put of from taking his kid to ewood while all this is going on ! I agree there is absolutly NOTHING to be scared of I'm just saying he is being put of from coming at the moment.

I will tell him to stop being a soft sod though and get down to Ewood. :tu:

• Moderation Lead

I think everyone is getting behind the team, just not the architects of our demise (Venky's and Kean). That said, I'm not sure how effective the protests have been, but good on Glen and co for getting them organised.

I swear one of the stewards was about to hand them out walking past the wood arms!!

Wouldn't surprise me at all, quick cup of warm milk and a hearty rendition of "Kumbaya" before setting out to terrorise the children with feathers and funny faces.

If people are afraid to go because of Rovers supporters protesting then I would not ever recommend them going to a bingo night at an old folks home.

And God forbid they go to opening night of the newest Disney movie at a cinema.

The horror, the horror.

I dont think anyone is backing Kean as a manager. Just because you're not protesting doesn't mean you're in favour of Kean, in the same way that if you want the club to win their next game it isn't a reflection on whether you're a fan of Kean or Venky's.

Im not sure that the protests have had much of an effect simply because they've occurred on days when we've played better teams and matches where we've actually played quite well. If we lose to West Brom at home under the backdrop of a protest march then it would be more effective.

I dont blame anyone for protesting so long as the players are supported on the pitch. Whether Kean stays or goes is out of our hands sadly so it then becomes a choice of whether you hate Kean enough to refuse to turn up. I personally support Rovers more then I hate Venky's or Kean so the answer is simple for me.

I dont think anyone is backing Kean as a manager. Just because you're not protesting doesn't mean you're in favour of Kean, in the same way that if you want the club to win their next game it isn't a reflection on whether you're a fan of Kean or Venky's.

The trouble is that is the perception. It also gives Kean the excuse to coin phrases like 1%.

It really needs everyone who wants Kean to go to show up in numbers. No arguing, no bother, just large numbers.

Otherwise, it's too easy to dismiss. Whilst it remains only a subset of fans it won't do any good.

Sadly, because most people won't join in the peaceful demonstrations for a cause they largely believe in, the current protestors will start to feel impotent and unheard, and will change the nature and target of their protests.

In my opinion, Glen has got his work cut out keeping a lid on things going forward. I hope I'm wrong because that is the worst thing that could happen and will undermine everything tried to date.

I don't care who the manager is as long as we win. I back the team for 90 minutes and therefore the manager for that period. The only reason Kean needs backing is because we aren't winning. If we win 5 games on the spin and finish mid table no one will have a bad word against him. I think Wigan is the biggie. A lose in that game and he will be gone

I don't care who the manager is as long as we win. I back the team for 90 minutes and therefore the manager for that period. The only reason Kean needs backing is because we aren't winning. If we win 5 games on the spin and finish mid table no one will have a bad word against him. I think Wigan is the biggie. A lose in that game and he will be gone

I will, he is not fit for pupose

I don't care who the manager is as long as we win. I back the team for 90 minutes and therefore the manager for that period. The only reason Kean needs backing is because we aren't winning. If we win 5 games on the spin and finish mid table no one will have a bad word against him.

Unfortunately that's not true. Steve Kean dropped into the Keith Andrews Box some time ago.

If he wins every game from now to the end of the season, a lot will still want him out. They just will not put up with him at Ewood.

I do think that protests should be aimed at the owners, though.

Ladies and gentlemen, lets try, as the thread title suggests, taking our angry heads off and trying to support our team in the best way possible. I am sure that some would believe that the protests will have a sudden and startling success and Mr Kean will leave the club but in reality, all that the protests are doing is making our support look silly.

There is a possiblity that by the weekend, we will have local people in charge of the club at a local level and they are true blue and white supporters who have followed this team through the dark days of the 70's and 80's when some of our more vocal dissenters where not even a twinkle.

I for one believe that we should give the team our full and unmitigated support and show our owners what our club means to us.

Ladies and gentlemen, lets try, as the thread title suggests, taking our angry heads off and trying to support our team in the best way possible. I am sure that some would believe that the protests will have a sudden and startling success and Mr Kean will leave the club but in reality, all that the protests are doing is making our support look silly.

There is a possiblity that by the weekend, we will have local people in charge of the club at a local level and they are true blue and white supporters who have followed this team through the dark days of the 70's and 80's when some of our more vocal dissenters where not even a twinkle.

I for one believe that we should give the team our full and unmitigated support and show our owners what our club means to us.

Things have to be done in the proper order then don't they?

1) the conditions of the Ians are fulfulled

2) there are visible departures

3) there is proper communication with the people of Blackburn

4) the fans rally round reality not a lot of waffly words.

Archived