BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is it time to stop protesting and get behind the manager, the owners and the team?

Roost

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try something different and radical for a change and back the team, the manager and the owners for one game at least? Might be a positive reaction, you never know ......

I think they had that for quite awhile, and quite long enough, perhaps too long by too many in my opinion.

roversider, bless you, your so naive, i will take your hand and show you the ways of the world, roads are bad because people get knocked down, never talk to strangers, i will talk to you about the birds and the bees later...oh and by the way, steve kean and venkys wont listen to us not matter what so its pointless backing them, i will give you more pointers tommorow.

If they won't listen to us, then maybe it's pointless protesting?

Its never pointless to resist, especially when it is something you love.

Even if they continue to ignore this situation and the worst happens, the very least the protesters will have is the knowledge that they tried. In the end they will not be looking around stupidly and asking how did it come to this?

Its pretty obvious from the news coming out that Venkys want no visible protests at the Chelsea match, possibly because they are over here and with guests.

So if fans want to make an impact, to me it has to be something within the stadium. They are stopping banners, so that limits action to either organised chants or some other easily identifiable protest (e.g. white hankies at Barca / 10 minutes dead silence during game etc..).

Any spontanious crowd action will happen anyway, so my suggestion is something organised within the stadium.

The protest marches before the game IMO are too early and out of the way to mean a lot of people would join in, and plenty also dont want to be one of the faces on the LET / Sky sports etc...

The most obvious is a "stand-up if you want Kean out" chant, but I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas too. I understand that it may effect the teams performance, but there's no reason why an organised event can't also be for a set period of time - e.g. the 1st minute of the game.

"We are the Venkeys, lower your banners and prepared to be rogered. We will add your football culture and other social distinctions to our own. Resistance is futile. Your club as you have known it is over, from this time forward you will service us."

Perhaps Kean keeps nipping over to pune for some assimilation?

Baz, I reckon it will have to visual as they'll most likely have some pre-recorded crowd noises to play in their box.

Some good has come out of protesting but its small steps.

Such as?????????

Its pretty obvious from the news coming out that Venkys want no visible protests at the Chelsea match, possibly because they are over here and with guests.

So if fans want to make an impact, to me it has to be something within the stadium. They are stopping banners, so that limits action to either organised chants or some other easily identifiable protest (e.g. white hankies at Barca / 10 minutes dead silence during game etc..).

Any spontanious crowd action will happen anyway, so my suggestion is something organised within the stadium.

The protest marches before the game IMO are too early and out of the way to mean a lot of people would join in, and plenty also dont want to be one of the faces on the LET / Sky sports etc...

The most obvious is a "stand-up if you want Kean out" chant, but I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas too. I understand that it may effect the teams performance, but there's no reason why an organised event can't also be for a set period of time - e.g. the 1st minute of the game.

They can stop banners, but not voices. Chants of we want kean out - outside of the Jack Walker stand - prior to the match, would be impossible to go unheard.

If you are a sane person with the facts available to them - would you kindly share them with me? I dont understand your post, sorry.

Erm?

The truth is out there Roost. Check the following...

The league table

Kean's managerial record

The transfer window discrepancies

The fall and fall of attendances

The massive decline since the takeover

With the public sector striking over pensions, I wonder if the people on this site who are scared or not willing to get involved in club matters, will sing a different tune when their own pension fund is at stake........

Erm?

The truth is out there Roost. Check the following...

The league table

Kean's managerial record

The transfer window discrepancies

The fall and fall of attendances

The massive decline since the takeover

Oh, that's a bit of a let down - I thought you had something interesting to say.

Just so you know, I am not pre Venkys or pro Kean - I just love Blackburn Rovers.

Oh, that's a bit of a let down - I thought you had something interesting to say.

Just so you know, I am not pre Venkys or pro Kean - I just love Blackburn Rovers.

You're right it wasn't interesting, and I wasn't trying to be either. But those are the facts and they say to me that if Kean stays in the job we're going down.

Believing otherwise is a hell of a gamble.

Archived