BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is it time to stop protesting and get behind the manager, the owners and the team?

Roost

VENKYS OUT!

My anger is now slowly turning 100 % onto Wankys! Im just so sick and tired of them that I am lacking words...Its just so depressing.

I remember watching all the crazy stuff at Portsmouth and thinking how happy I was that it wasnt happening to us....and here we are :mellow:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it time to stop protesting and get behind the manager and the owners? NO

is it time for certain supporters to stop cowering behind their sofas and get their heads out of the sand to make a stand and show these owners how we feel? YES

is it time to stop protesting and get behind the manager and the owners? NO

is it time for certain supporters to stop cowering behind their sofas and get their heads out of the sand to make a stand and show these owners how we feel? YES

I do hope that wasn't aimed at me......

I think the owners know how the fans feel, they just don't care.

We are all learning and very quickly especially regarding the owners, The Protest will continue until the group involved in the protest feel that not only have they got their points across to the owners, but the owners are going to act upon what they learn from the supporters.

Our quest for a well run Blackburn Rovers which communicates from owners to board and then to fans will not rest until that is seen. Negatives can be turned into positives very quickly if you learn from your mistakes and put right the wrongs.

The fans need to have their voice, thoughts and feelings heard through a democratic group which is elected by the fans to be representative of the fans. Club and supporters need to work together to lift the doom and gloom.

Nothing is ever to late if you are willing to work hard enough to achieve it, Owners, Directors, Employee's, supporters and stakeholders go hand in hand, However at present each ingrediant of this is walking in different directions yet in a strange kind of way wants the same thing.

The only way this will ever be achieved is by working together, trusting one another and being honest with one another. Many bridges need rebuilding, but they can be rebuilt, Supporters are going out on a limb to try and create a united Blackburn Rovers, What we all need now, is club and owners to do the same

Just for the record I feel Kean should have gone after the Villa game.

roost not aimed at you, aimed at supporters who dont wish to have their voice heared and let the club carry on in its decline.

Believe it or not people are entitled to have a different opinion than you and your fellow shriekers.

It's called democracy.

Ladies and gentlemen, lets try, as the thread title suggests, taking our angry heads off and trying to support our team in the best way possible. I am sure that some would believe that the protests will have a sudden and startling success and Mr Kean will leave the club but in reality, all that the protests are doing is making our support look silly.

There is a possiblity that by the weekend, we will have local people in charge of the club at a local level and they are true blue and white supporters who have followed this team through the dark days of the 70's and 80's when some of our more vocal dissenters where not even a twinkle.

I for one believe that we should give the team our full and unmitigated support and show our owners what our club means to us.

First comment is ironic considering what the owners/manager have done to the club.

The appointment of the 2 chaps as directors is only relevant if they have any real power. In which case, as true fans, they would surely be looking to remove the weakest link at the club - Steve Kean.

Guarantee me that their appointment will facilitate such a move and I'll stop protesting.

The appointment of the 2 chaps as directors is only relevant if they have any real power. In which case, as true fans, they would surely be looking to remove the weakest link at the club - Steve Kean.

Does anyone think they'll have any power, sure as hell I don't.

After Mrs D, Kean seems to the most powerful person at the cub.

Believe it or not people are entitled to have a different opinion than you and your fellow shriekers.

It's called democracy.

At war with the MB as usual.

I would suggest that the point of my replies on here are to try to ensure that we as Rovers fans give the opportunity and support to the two Ian's who are both prepared to stick their heads into the proverbial lions cage and try to make a difference.

That is all that I ask for me as a Rovers fan and for the two of them as Rovers as you can get.

I am undecided on the protests.

Despite the best efforts of Glen et al, I don't really know what positive impact it's having and wondered whether it's worth pursuing.

I read Glens earlier post regarding the next protest plans and the deals that the club were trying to broker with the protest group and thought that it may be better to engage with the club and agree not to protest on the understanding that a meeting is held between the club, the manager and protest organisers.

If the club fail to deliver on their agreement to meet then their credibility will be shot, and this will hurt them more than the protests, especially if you keep the press involved.

As I said above, just a thought............

This was written on Halloween, quite apt because it's horrifying. Horrifying because if Kean stays in the job we're relegated.

I don't think the protests are making one iota of difference to the performance on the pitch. If anything we've been playing better.

The club have already failed to deliver on many of their agreements, and are now grossly neglecting the club that thousands of us love and have followed since we were children.

Their credibility is already shot to any sane person who has the facts available to them.

This was written on Halloween, quite apt because it's horrifying. Horrifying because if Kean stays in the job we're relegated.

I don't think the protests are making one iota of difference to the performance on the pitch. If anything we've been playing better.

The club have already failed to deliver on many of their agreements, and are now grossly neglecting the club that thousands of us love and have followed since we were children.

Their credibility is already shot to any sane person who has the facts available to them.

If you are a sane person with the facts available to them - would you kindly share them with me? I dont understand your post, sorry.

It's called democracy.

Are they now :rolleyes:

A boycott by the hard core protestors would just mean a few hundred, maybe a thousand or so, fewer people on the game. Most of the non protestors and casual spectators would still go on - it would just look like a smaller crowd, and the main thing people would notice would be that there was no protest at the match. It might appear to observers that the protests were over.

Protest ? Don't protest ? I think there will always be people in both camp but Kean is deluded if he thinks it's only 1% against him. I stayed behind after the Spurs game but was disappointed with the numbers...I thought more would stay ?

Amyway, It's been strange talking to folk at work, many of who are against protests as you think they will turn round and show support for Kean, but they don't...they just don't think it's the best way....so what is the best way ?

I remember the game at Wigan which proved to be the final straw for Inch and he was sacked pretty much straight away...all we can hope is that this happens to Kean but this would mean more negative results....something we cant afford.

This is the argument many have used....we lose, Kean should get the boot but that leaves us in the s**t. We win, Kean will stay and we would just have to get used to that

I want Kean out....i want my Rovers back....but i just want this sorted rather than later...before its too late

I don't want this to happen ...I never want Rovers to lose ..

If we lost 4 or 5 nil to Chelsea , there will be a lot of bad feeling towards Kean and the owners ..Like at Wigan 3 years ago ...

Also the players will be questioning things shortly , if no wins are obtained..

Archived