BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do you approve of the protests?

Glenn

Regardless of your views on Kean/Venkys do you approve of the protests  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back the protests

• Yes, fully and I take part
    • Yes, but I don't take part
    • I think it's important people CAN express themselves, but don't care either way
    • Don't mind
    • I'd prefer them not to happen, but I'm not too upset about it
    • I feel they are an embarrassment and/or damaging in other way
    • Other

I'm loathed to start another Kean/Venkys/Protest thread, but over the last couple of weeks, more and more people have been coming forward and saying to me (often privately for fear of being publicly pilloried) that they really aren't in favour of the protest (despite wanting Kean gone and most having little or no patience left with the owners).

So, another poll time. This one is private (people can't see how you voted) and more options than a simple yes/no.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I want to protest? NO

Do I back the Protest? YES

Do I take part? YES

What will it take me to stop? Venkys to get themselves into gear and get over to Blackburn and sort this mess out they have put us in, through complete and utter mis-management of the club.

The badly advised card does not work, especially as on the last day of the Pune trip Jerome Anderson held a 3 hour meeting with the Rao's with two high profile football big wigs who where non Rovers related.

They are deliberately IMO screwing this club over and I have seen nothing to change my mind, Although I do hope that I do, as the best scenario for me is for Venkys to make things work, because if they do, we can all sleep a little more easily

It speak volumes that Rovers fan take to the streets or sit in after a game to protest, we never expect much in terms of trophies or Euro spots but we are a solid mid table team with the capabilities of a good cup run and the odd scalp.

But at the moment our club is in free fall and the owners are doing sod all about it so we need to make our voices heard, other routes haven't been successful so last ditch attempt is to protest. Sad and it should never be the case but I'm not sitting on my backside and watch our club go down the pan.

Do I want to protest? NO

Do I take part? YES

I'm not very mouthy but wholeheartedly support the Kean out protest. I was one who wanted to give him a chance but he has proven that he is not a Premier league manager. I do not hate Kean, he is a human being and must be hurting, but if he went it would be best for him and the club.

Do I want to protest? NO

Do I take part? YES

What will it take me to stop? Venkys to get themselves into gear and get over to Blackburn and sort this mess out they have put us in, through complete and utter mis-management of the club.

The badly advised card does not work, especially as on the last day of the Pune trip Jerome Anderson held a 3 hour meeting with the Rao's with two high profile football big wigs who where non Rovers related.

They are deliberately IMO screwing this club over and I have seen nothing to change my mind, Although I do hope that I do, as the best scenario for me is for Venkys to make things work, because if they do, we can all sleep a little more easily

WTF why is that bandit still near our club

Glen all this stuff needs putting in the public domain and not waiting for statements that will never come on the official board

Do I want to protest? NO

Do I back the Protest? NO

Do I take part? NO

Do I defend the right to protest? YES

Do I want division between Rovers fans? NO

Ultimately we all want the same thing (success for Rovers), we just have different ideas how to get there.

Remember the most important 90 minutes today, any thing else is secondary.

Well thats something i wasnt aware of. The Pune 9 said that they basically had to grab Balaji at the party, whereas JA gets a 3 hour meeting. Does that alter any of their opinions on the trip? It does mine.

Right off to buy some balloons....COYB

Do I want to protest? NO

Do I back the Protest? NO

Do I take part? NO

Do I defend the right to protest? YES

Do I want division between Rovers fans? NO

Ultimately we all want the same thing (success for Rovers), we just have different ideas how to get there.

Remember the most important 90 minutes today, any thing else is secondary.

Pray tell, what is your idea for getting out of this mess and bringing success?

I support the protests and would probably join in if I lived in the UK. I also have huge respect for Glen and the other organisers of the protesters because they are putting so much effort into it and they have handled themselves and everyone joining the protests impeccably.

One thing I'm not sure about though is how effective the protests are. I think they are effective in the sense that they are keeping media attention surrounding our club firmly on the protests and the fans' displeasure at Kean (and now Venky's). However, I don't think it's having that strong an effect on the owners themselves.

I have 2 theories for what's happening in the Venky's reasoning right now:

1.) They have taken the fans' opinion on board a long time ago already, but despite continuous calls to sack Kean, they have reasons to believe it's not the best solution, or they are unable to find a better solution and therefore have to continue to back him and the team.

2.) They are ignoring the fans because despite anti-Kean feeling obviously being quite high, it's not the first time that sections of the supporters have been unhappy with the manager (Ince and Allardyce). People wanted Allardyce out in his first full season in charge as well when we were on a bad run, until he gave us a cup semi and a 10th place finish.

It could be a mixture of both to be honest.

Sticking with the bright, young, forward-thinking, ever-improving manager we have currently.

And click fingers!

there has the spell gone now?

Do you own a violin by chance, if not go and buy or rent one and stand on the top of the Blackburn end playing it till the end of the season.

Sticking with the bright, young, forward-thinking, ever-improving manager we have currently.

If you are pro-Kean and want to just back the team then why not band together with other pro-Kean supporters and do what I suggested in my "Inspiration" thread and start a campaign to create an atmosphere at the ground that's more motivational/inspirational to the team? At least then you're doing something productive and helpful to the team.

and promoting him from the girls under 11's? only way your statement makes sense

On further thought "bright" zero evidence to date to back that up but police reports and a judge to give evidence to the opposite,

"young" who cares and 44 really he' no AVB, "forward thinking" not sure he's ever thought before opening his mouth or may not have the seriously deluded tag over him, "ever-improving" well 1 win in 10 against 5 in 21 last season kind of says the complete opposite now he has his own players.

i wholeheartedly approve, i have been to every one and plan to keep doing so until changes are made. The people that participate are not mindless morons but everyday folk like yourselves who care enough to make their voices heard, the ball is in the rao's court, if they listen and make those changes then the protests stop, its that simple, they should be the ones being cascigated not us, they are the enemy.

I think the sad thing is that I now believe the protests won't have any effect.

The Venky tribe stays in Pune. Whether they back him or sack him, they're insulated from all the aggro.

I honestly think they don't want to pay him off and he'd only go if he was paid off. It's detente, because no-one can force their hand, since if they don't pay him off then the only result will be people jumping up and down and getting mad at Ewood, which I doubt the Venky's would dare expose themselves to. Kean is as thick-skinned as a rhino, and perhaps people aren't demonstrating in greater numbers because they don't believe it will have any effect and they are already resigned to their fate.

It's a nightmare situation, and I really can't see any other end result than tears, because we're leaking too many goals and have already lost to relegation rivals. What the atmosphere at the ground will be like come Jan/Feb I don't know, but I would anticipate that Kean will still be there no matter how few points we have collected.

Perhaps the best thing to do is just to stay at home, a kind of "not in my name" protest.

I hate to put the cat amongst the Pigeons but are the protesters/general fans losing this battle? ....very few stayed behind today tbh.

:unsure:

Perhaps the best thing to do is just to stay at home, a kind of "not in my name" protest.

Problem with this lot is that they will probably put a cardboard cut out where the fans should be and pipe crowd chants through the PA system!!

It now seems it was a battle they could never win, unlike other clubs, no amount of fan pressure and bad PR will bring the decision about.

What I have have sensed for the last couple of games is people suddenly being more vocal about not backing the protest (not people suddenly backing Kean I hasten to add) or at least going quite because they realise it's a lot cause and a battle that can't be won.

What more, with it kicking off in multiple places in the BBE today between pro and anti protest people, I can see more and more people distancing themselves from it.

I think the reduced numbers is simply down to two possible reasons:

1. Our supporters are cowardly souls who are more interested in getting off the Riverside home in time for the X Factor.

2. People don't think that the club is worth saving anymore. This is a geniune civil war against the organisation itself now and psychologically it is difficult to fight to make the opposition stronger.

I don't like anything about the club anymore. One of the main reasons I started supporting Rovers is because they were so important to the people of the area and did everything to show the fans that they had a voice. Now we are just being used as a front for God knows what. The problem is I can't tear myself away from it.

Glen, you are a total legend for doing what you are doing and I wish there were more like you. My only worry is that the version of the club you are fighting to get back may be gone forever.

What more, with it kicking off in multiple places in the BBE today between pro and anti protest people, I can see more and more people distancing themselves from it.

I'm sure the anti-protest people are exciting about going to watch one of the Manchester clubs when we disappear.

I am behind the protests, but lets face it, when its just a couple hundred if that, are staying behind protesting it looks sh*t. Like Jeff Stelling said today, you could fit all of todays protesters in a mini bus. This is the reason the venkys and the public are not taking our protest serious. Lets Face it most clubs that protest have at least half the stadium protesting. All it looks like is %1 that want kean out. For this to work and for people to take notice is for at least half the stadium to stay behind. And I honestly believe not even half our supporters want kean out. If they do then they are not showing with the rest of the protesters. You see it on tv, barley 1 stand is full of people protesting. So unless there is actually half of the supporters staying and protesting this is not doing anything but making the protesters look a bit foolish in there small numbers and being ignored. Lets face it if you got 10,000 fans moaning you would take note as its half of the home support near enough, you listen to 200 supporters protesting your thinking well we are not going to sack a manager because 200 people want him gone, what about the other 19,500 other rovers fans that are not protesting.

Archived