BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ST holders should consider boycotting games?

Whether you are pro or anti protesting I am hoping that the majority of us can agree on one thing. That being Steve Kean is not the man to lead us to premiership safety. How would the protest organisers feel about organising a mass exodus of Ewood for the next home game especially those who hold ST. I dont know exactly how many season ticket holders there are but surely a stay away from Ewood could be seen as a good idea by those who are both for and against the staging of protests. I feel that a 3/4 empty stadium would speak volumes in comparison to say 500 or so protesting after the final whistle.

I realise that people have spent good money on ST and would feel like they are losing out financially but the refusal to attend home games until action is taken may be the most viable courase of action.

Thoughts?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The money generated by attending fans is minute in comparison to other incomes, so the financial impact to an organisation like Venky's would be minuscule.

The negative PR for Venkys doesn't seem to be something they care about. There has been so much negative PR recently and they don't seem to want to counter it.

The negative PR for the fans is massive. I for one will NOT consider boycotting games.

Whether you are pro or anti protesting I am hoping that the majority of us can agree on one thing. That being Steve Kean is not the man to lead us to premiership safety. How would the protest organisers feel about organising a mass exodus of Ewood for the next home game especially those who hold ST. I dont know exactly how many season ticket holders there are but surely a stay away from Ewood could be seen as a good idea by those who are both for and against the staging of protests. I feel that a 3/4 empty stadium would speak volumes in comparison to say 500 or so protesting after the final whistle.

I realise that people have spent good money on ST and would feel like they are losing out financially but the refusal to attend home games until action is taken may be the most viable courase of action.

Thoughts?

but the people who are anti-protest are saying they take this stance because they feel they should be backing the team don't they?

so would this not be extremely contradictory of them to then stay away, as oppose to backing the team?

i am now firmly resigned to the fact that there are too many people willing to happy-clap us down to the championship in blind faith, closing their minds to what is actually going on in front of our eyes.

whatever we try and do to save this club's future is going to be moaned at by those people who are choosing to sit on their backside's blindly backing a manager whom they even admit themselves isn't up to the job.

we can't win, however for the record a boycott of a match is something i don't feel i could take part in either, my love for Blackburn Rovers is why i'm doing this and i am not at the point where i would want to be anywhere else on a Saturday afternoon yet.

I doubt the morons would even notice. I've only just watched the highlights from yesterdays game and didn't realise just how empty the ground was from my seat, shocking against Chelsea. When we play someone at home with notriously poor away support, i.e Fulham or Wigan we're gonna be looking at a truly horrific attendance.

The best way to do this is;;;

Enter the ground at 14.00 when players are warming up. Give them loads of support, songs , banners etc.

Then when they go in to get ready, everyone leave.

At least that way you can show the team they have your support.

The money generated by attending fans is minute in comparison to other incomes, so the financial impact to an organisation like Venky's would be minuscule.

The negative PR for Venkys doesn't seem to be something they care about. There has been so much negative PR recently and they don't seem to want to counter it.

The negative PR for the fans is massive. I for one will NOT consider boycotting games.

How about the fans dont enter the stadium and protest outside and make it clear they refuse to enter until Kean has gone? That way the fans wont get the negative PR of not being bothered to do anything.

The best way to do this is;;;

Enter the ground at 14.00 when players are warming up. Give them loads of support, songs , banners etc.

Then when they go in to get ready, everyone leave.

At least that way you can show the team they have your support.

I've suggested similar previously. I don't think enough ST holders would boycott a game completely for it to become that noticeable.

Attendances are already down, Venkys are not bothered about that, their in the business of any publicity is better than no publicity game.

What about wearing black armbands?

And all stand for a minutes silence at a given time?

Home support is dropping by about 500 a match as it is. The boycott is well underway and will probably be at it's peak in about 18 months time when we are down to a rump of about 8000.

For those of us who went to the Newcastle cup game, that's about the size of it.

And it's completely unsustainable.

I'm with Glenn and Paul on this and will be at games either home or away. If supporters believe the best way of supporting the club is by staying at home that's fair enough. Each to his or her own. Personally, I will continue to attend games come what may. I was on Ewood when only 2,161 turned up for a second leg tie against Wimbledon in the League Cup (we were 5-0 down after the first leg), and hopefully I'll be on Ewood for the rest of the season supporting my team regardless of the clowns who may own it or manage it.

Home support is dropping by about 500 a match as it is. The boycott is well underway and will probably be at it's peak in about 18 months time when we are down to a rump of about 8000.

The good old days, when you could buy a pie for 40p, get to the bar and park on Nutall street at 2.45pm!

It wasn't that bad was it....

I'm not being told to boycott games by anybody who has no season ticket or has never been Ewood.

Nor am I allowing Kean, the Raos or Jerome Anderson to drive me out of Ewood. It was mine before it was theirs and hopefully some day it will be ours again. It's not about the money I've already spent - I miss games sometimes anyway for various reasons - it's about ownership of the club - it's only ours if we do our best to keep it regardless of what the people currently in charge do.

Thoughts?

And at this point the media could rightly point at the protests risking our Premiership survival. ST's are already paid for - so little impact on clubs finances - only reduction would be in the vocal support for the team.

IMO; it's a ridiculous idea to boycott games and would only show we don't support the team when the protests of late have shown support to them 100%. I shall never boycott any game. I have missed 3 home games in 3 years and that's due to circumstances beyond my control. My only wish is that I could afford away games and cup games more often but not many people can afford it so not on my own....

I think everyone has got the message. Venky's clearly want Kean to stay regardless of fans opinions/protests. Honestly, Id be surprised if they fired him before Christmas now. It if was going to happen I think it would have happened.

The situation at the moment is how it will stay for at least a month or two. I think its time to accept that Kean will be here far longer then any of us want him to be regardless of whether you turn up to games.

Thoughts?

I have to be honest and say that just isn't going to happen because the vast majority of Rovers fans don't see fit to protest because they see that the performances and efforts of the players have been far worthier than the amount of points we have actually achieved. Like it or not, the general consensus that I picked up on yesterday was that of feeling sorry for Steve Kean. The players are blatantly trying their all for him and aren't getting what they deserve in terms of points - which for me differs from the last time we were in serious trouble when Ince was in charge. I thought we were heading down that same path again a month or so ago when we rolled over and died for a couple of matches (I think against Newcastle and Villa?) but I must admit, the players are giving as good as they can game after game.

I personally don't think that Kean is the appalling manager and individual that people on here often make out - but unfortunately, I also don't have a decent solution to our lack of results other than changing the current management set-up and simply hoping for the best. Even though performances are generally decent, for whatever reason I just don't think it's going to work out for him or results will change quick enough to make a difference.

Make no doubt about it, we are well and truly up against it at the moment but we really need to stop the in-fighting and give 100% support to the team. It feels as though things are about to really kick off between supporters in the stadium and I'd personally like all Rovers fans to get behind the team and put aside any protesting during the entirity of the game starting from the next match. The plane was initially really funny but the timing was awful and every time it went around, I started to feel more embarassed because what was happening on the pitch didn't warrant it at that particular time (and to be fair in terms of effort and comittment it hasn't warranted it for weeks). I know to suspend the protesting would be very hard to do but I felt really proud to be a Rovers fan on Saturday when the crowd were singing "We love you Rovers" at the final whistle, regardless of the defeat. I feel this is the true message of the majority of Rovers supporters and through all of this squabbling, I believe we are finally getting a heart and soul back at the club.

Due to work commitments, family commitments, I've used my season ticket twice this year :(. Im not boycotting games If I could get there it would take a lot more than these muppets to stop me going.

Archived