BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WEC GROUP to go public with concerns

I am looking forward to the media surrounding rovers this week, as the WEC group are finally going public with their concerns about rovers current plight. apparently they have been waiting for more than 6 weeks for an official response regarding concerns that they have made the club/venkys aware of.

so, another example of total ineptitude on the part venkys. one of the clubs main sponsors and they can't communicate sufficiently. it's all gonna be rather interesting to read.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to the media surrounding rovers this week, as the WEC group are finally going public with their concerns about rovers current plight. apparently they have been waiting for more than 6 weeks for an official response regarding concerns that they have made the club/venkys aware of.

so, another example of total ineptitude on the part venkys. one of the clubs main sponsors and they can't communicate sufficiently. it's all gonna be rather interesting to read.

Has Wayne Wilde confirmed that he is going to do this? It was mooted a few weeks ago, but not heard anything since

he said he is on twitter.

also said that 5 min after his tweet the club contacted him. he was not happy.

Kinell!!! I despair! Can no one communicate by anything other than stupid social networks? It's bloody endemic in the nation. I've no doubt that if he is so hooked on tweeting all that happens in his life that he'd be posting just after Strictly and just before X Factor started. :wstu:

• Backroom

he said he is on twitter.

also said that 5 min after his tweet the club contacted him. he was not happy.

Sounds about right. The club don't give a toss until something might go public, then suddenly it's worthy of a response.

Kinell!!! I despair! Can no one communicate by anything other than stupid social networks? It's bloody endemic in the nation. I've no doubt that if he is so hooked on tweeting all that happens in his life that he'd be posting just after Strictly and just before X Factor started. :wstu:

To be fair, he wrote the club a letter had waited for a response for six weeks!!!!! Aired his frustrations on twitter. Is the same as airing views on brfcs.

To be fair, he wrote the club a letter had waited for a response for six weeks!!!!! Aired his frustrations on twitter. Is the same as airing views on brfcs.

Exactly. He should have gone down the correct channels through the responsible press and media. Who on earth takes stuff on twitter as totally kosher?

Exactly. He should have gone down the correct channels through the responsible press and media. Who on earth takes stuff on twitter as totally kosher?

Are you not reading these post correctly, The WEC group sent a letter to venkys six weeks ago regarding the image the manager and Venkys are portraying, which in turn is damaging WEC's image , I am reading via BRFCS and Vital BRFC that they have in the past six weeks continually contacted the club for an answer to no apparent avail, so if the owner wants to vent his frustration on Twitter/Facebook or anywhere else he is bloody well entitled too and good on him.

The print media still carries the most weight in these situations. When captains of industry and other organisations want to voice their concerns about government policy or similar they write a letter to the Times and other broadsheets. If this lot want to be taken seriously they should forget about twitter and other daft social media and put pen to paper.

Sounds to me like...

He wanted to discuss the situation with the club.

He wrote to the club

He waited

And waited

He tweeted his thoughts

The club contacted him

Surely an example of the benefits of social media rather than a reason to have a pop at it. At least this way there is a chance it can be dealt with in house rather than airing more dirty linen in the papers?

i recently got into bother over a comment i made on my facebook page. i had been trying to make certain people listen for the best part of 18 months, then a few weeks ago i decided that enough was enough. then all of a sudden something happens when the powers that be see it. i lay the blame firmly at the feet of the owners and management for not listening in the first place and i seriously hope that wayne still goes public.

nobody can expect people to just sit back and accept things and bury their heads in the sand.

i recently got into bother over a comment i made on my facebook page. i had been trying to make certain people listen for the best part of 18 months, then a few weeks ago i decided that enough was enough. then all of a sudden something happens when the powers that be see it. i lay the blame firmly at the feet of the owners and management for not listening in the first place and i seriously hope that wayne still goes public.

nobody can expect people to just sit back and accept things and bury their heads in the sand.

Can you elaborate on what you said/implied and what happened off the back of it?

Sounds to me like...

He wanted to discuss the situation with the club.

He wrote to the club

He waited

And waited

He tweeted his thoughts

The club contacted him

Surely an example of the benefits of social media rather than a reason to have a pop at it. At least this way there is a chance it can be dealt with in house rather than airing more dirty linen in the papers?

Something along those lines, yes. But he might have tried to contact the owners directly and only gotten a reply when he tweeted from a club executive or such who couldn't really answer any of his questions. That's my theory anyway ;)

it seems that i may have mislead people with my original post on this thread. i was trying to use the example of what i am currently going through with regard to my own work situation, by meaning that posting on social network sites can make people sit up and take note or it can annoy them greatly. the situation with wec group going public this coming week, i have no idea of how they would go about making those concerns public or exactly what those concerns are.

sorry folks. was not my intention to mislead you.

however, if somebody on here is legally minded, then pm me and i shall explain my own personal situation....which has nothing to do with rovers at any level.

thenodrog - 18,623 posts.

;)

Indeed. But no one takes any notice of whats said on here, it's just a collection of inconsequential individuals as I imagine twitter is. It's about as much depth as average pub talk really. Hardly the place to discuss anything confidential or of gravity.

Once Wayne has got things off his chest with the press etc and done what he need to do, then I'm sure the letter he sent to the owners can be published (He did not mind what I did with it when he forwarded me a copy a few weeks back) I will double check with him later in week to ensure he still don't mind, as the best solution IMO Is he gets the answers he seeks and continues to be a principle sponsor of our club

TNG

LOL

That the same press that makes stuff up, taps phones and prejudices court cases? Policed by the PCC? LOL. Thought journos got most of their stuff from social media now anyway :-))

I'd imagine that the official channels he originally contacted, probably did what they could with it and processed it appropriately, however there was nothing to report back yet.

Then, I guess, the marketing team (who probably had little reason to be "in the loop" on the original contact) who do monitor social networks (as any good marketing and PR departments should do), will have seen it, been very aware of the very negative PR that will come from it and did exactly what they should (head the problem off at the pass as soon and possible and hopefully applied pressure to the "official channels" to move things along, or at least keep the sponsor up to date).

Seems pretty normal to me.

Archived