BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WEC GROUP to go public with concerns

Im a positive person, get over it! Yes it’s a mess, no doubt – but we will be fine in the end.... :blink::P

So you believe in God and the forgiveness of all sins? Ditto.

But that hardly helps us with the shambles of a club we're dealing with in the real world. Venkys 'leadership' will only lead us to tears.

They are, in my opinion based on news articles and their public statements as compared to action/inaction, incompetents when it comes to running a football club. Sadly, there is no sign that their management abilities have improved over the last year.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would you force a sale when the Raos have just turned down a monster offer that no local consortium would offer nor should ever even think about matching? They'd be totally financially crippled before they even started if they went anywhere near the Qatari numbers.

How were Hicks and co forced to sell liverpool. If qatar really want the club, they should try to force a sale.

How were Hicks and co forced to sell liverpool. If qatar really want the club, they should try to force a sale.

From what I understand from the papers, the board of directors rebelled against the owners.

I'll leave it to you to determine how likely that is at the Rovers considering the make-up of the current board.

Where they not at risk of defaulting on their loans the banks forced the sales due to this I believe. Sadly at the moment it seems Barclays are getting paid

From what I understand from the papers, the board of directors rebelled against the owners.

I'll leave it to you to determine how likely that is at the Rovers considering the make-up of the current board.

Supporters pressure on the the board may help force them to act. Doubt it though - but an option.

Why not suggest joint ownership with the walkers or others, Ian Currie for example. Local consortium and force the sale. Just an idea.

Why not go for joint consortium with Qatar...

1) make it public "LOCAL BOY WANNA SAVE LOCAL CLUB" , make it media circus .....

2) Appeal to MP , saying deteioration of club will affect local community , job market ..

Where they not at risk of defaulting on their loans the banks forced the sales due to this I believe. Sadly at the moment it seems Barclays are getting paid

I think you're right with this. Liverpool were very close to defaulting which meant either the bank foreclosing or taking ownership. Neither was very attractive so the bank (RBS?) the sale.

How would you force a sale when the Raos have just turned down a monster offer that no local consortium would offer nor should ever even think about matching? They'd be totally financially crippled before they even started if they went anywhere near the Qatari numbers.

Has anybodody seen any real evidance that an official offer was made by the qataris?, everything ive heard has just come from the usual tabloid(ill write what i like)Hacks and so called people in the know(kammy, g mullen, philip), not saying they are wrong, just wheres the proof.

could the venkies not just be hanging on hoping an official offer does come in, maybe 1 reason they want there beloved kean to sign a long contract is so he gets a good payoff when new owners come in and sack the fool(a far fetched theory i know, but stranger things have happened under the venkys).

Has anybodody seen any real evidance that an official offer was made by the qataris?, everything ive heard has just come from the usual tabloid(ill write what i like)Hacks and so called people in the know(kammy, g mullen, philip), not saying they are wrong, just wheres the proof.

could the venkies not just be hanging on hoping an official offer does come in, maybe 1 reason they want there beloved kean to sign a long contract is so he gets a good payoff when new owners come in and sack the fool(a far fetched theory i know, but stranger things have happened under the venkys).

That's because kamy and phillipl were involved in the bid. Iirc

That's because kamy and phillipl were involved in the bid. Iirc

sorry, but as i said, weres the proof, they could at least give some more specific details about the offer that only sombody involved could know, again im not calling anybodoy a liar or anything but otther than what a tiny handfull of people have said there is very little known about the supposed offer.

p.s.

Iirc-whats this mean then.

Have WEC heard anything from the club since they went public in the LT and Radio Lancs?

Wayne Wild

#brfc Good day today. Club made contact to say Owners want to open dialogue. I asked for full confirmation ASAP. Await details....

From twitter :tu:

What's the point of having an open dialogue if they're making the wrong decisions? I won't believe for a second that our owners will change overnight and make sensible decisions with regards to Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Come to think about it, purchasing Rovers was probably not a very sensible decision in itself considering how long the Trust tried to get rid.

Good on Wayne though, I hope it helps.

Sorry for being cynical but, " Wayne, the club is our baby" etc, etc

"Wayne, we will do the right thing, we will make the fans happy....

...we just bought Steve Kean a house nearer the ground and paid him his new bonus based on each point in the Premier League. The club is our baby so you will be pleased to know if he reaches 10 points throughout his tenure he will receive a new contract offer.

Happy to help,

Baj"

"Wayne, we will do the right thing, we will make the fans happy....

...we just bought Steve Kean a house nearer the ground and paid him his new bonus based on each point in the Premier League. The club is our baby so you will be pleased to know if he reaches 10 points throughout his tenure he will receive a new contract offer.

Happy to help,

Baj"

Wouldn't he sign off his telegram:

Bel

End.

• Backroom

Wayne Wild

#brfc Good day today. Club made contact to say Owners want to open dialogue. I asked for full confirmation ASAP. Await details....

What a shock, now that the owners smell bad PR they're all about opening communication. Funny how they weren't interested before Wayne went public :)

Wayne Wild

Saw that also. Hope it is good news. But Ian Currie etc, I believe was in India talking to them face to face. Has anything developed from that as of yet?

Saw that also. Hope it is good news. But Ian Currie etc, I believe was in India talking to them face to face. Has anything developed from that as of yet?

It seems like they are willing to speak to certain people in private, some charming BS about how much they care for the club and especially the long term plans they always keep talking about. But they never seem to want to speak about TODAY and the present situation. Only "we will come out of this. Do not worry". Its very frustrating!

And the worst part is, after having a small talk with the owners I bet Wayne is going to feel much better and he'll be led to believe that they have everything in control and they will "do the right thing for the club" (which obviously should be to sack Kean and make some appointments, which isnt going to happen for some wicked reason...)

He's just confirmed he has a meeting at Ewood tomorrow with an official

Isn't half the problem no one at Ewood knows whats going on in the first place. Got visions of them all sat round the table in the Ewood Board Room discussing I'm a Celebrity and sending Agnew out for the bacon butties.

Even if this appointment happens, l can't help but feel it'll just be another face at Ewood with a blank expression on it :unsure:

Good Luck to Wayne, he is a very passionate supporter, not sure what it will achieve with the people he is meeting tomorrow, as he has no confidence in them and thats part of his and many other supporters problem. Hopefully he will get the meeting with the Rao's and get to put across the concerns which are unified amongst supporters.

I applaud him for going public because I know he did'nt want to take that route and has been in constant contact with me for the last couple of months regarding protest. He feels the problem firmly lies at Venkys door and is not one to be smooth talked with bling, he can also spot a bull ****** from a mile off. This is the perfect job for Wayne and i'm sure if he don't get the desired answers then all hell will break

Archived