BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WEC GROUP to go public with concerns

So one of our main sponsors can't communicate with our owners, surely this gets more ridiculous by the week - so along with not being able to find a sponsor for the shirts, declining attendances, they really are experts at reducing income for the club.

Incompetent idiots!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I’m just being naive here but why should the owners speak to WEC? They don’t deal with sponsorship, so I’m not sure why WEC think they have a right to speak to the owners?

Maybe because the board of blackburn rovers are just a puppet board who can make no decisions without an ok from india

Maybe I’m just being naive here but why should the owners speak to WEC? They don’t deal with sponsorship, so I’m not sure why WEC think they have a right to speak to the owners?

Because all competent management was evaporated.

mrwawild Wayne Wild

#brfc Interview with LET tomorrow then Radio Lancs Tue. Will air my concerns as sponsor and supporter and offer to be link, owners to fans

Put yourself in their position.

They pump a lot of money into the club, not just for the advertising it brings but because they are genuine bona fide supporters of BRFC.

They have concerns, not just regarding what's happening on the pitch but many other issues that aren't being addressed.

They bring those concerns up with the people who deal with sponsorship.

They say they'll pass it on.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

You get back in touch with them. You write a very polite email detailing your concerns at length and not only that, offer to provide more support.

They get back to you saying that they'll organize a meeting with one of the Venky's.

You wait.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

Nothing happens.

You get very annoyed as this is not just affecting your football club but your business. People at your business are asking questions. Things aren't as they should be with regards to the corporate end of things. However you support the club and don't want to retract your sponsorship unless absolutely necessary.

So you issue an ultimatum.

Nothing happens.

So you go on Twitter and have a rant, inform the press, try to urge the club to do something, anything. Because no fecker is listening yet they are still happy to take the money that you are pumping into the club.

If you give money to someone, and you aren't happy with the service they provide, then when you ring up and leave a message explaining your issues no one bothers to call you back, wouldn't you be peeved? Would you continue paying in?

Because all competent management was evaporated.

mrwawild Wayne Wild

#brfc Interview with LET tomorrow then Radio Lancs Tue. Will air my concerns as sponsor and supporter and offer to be link, owners to fans

Excellent! Someone who writes checks and who sides with the fans should make Venkys sit up and take notice. And who they were treated (ignored) is poor business at best. Tells me all I really need to know about the lack of professionalism currently at the administrative side of the club.

I'd imagine that the official channels he originally contacted, probably did what they could with it and processed it appropriately, however there was nothing to report back yet.

Then, I guess, the marketing team (who probably had little reason to be "in the loop" on the original contact) who do monitor social networks (as any good marketing and PR departments should do), will have seen it, been very aware of the very negative PR that will come from it and did exactly what they should (head the problem off at the pass as soon and possible and hopefully applied pressure to the "official channels" to move things along, or at least keep the sponsor up to date).

Seems pretty normal to me.

Seems quite plausible to me.

Surely as main sponsors they would be treated to some handshakes, match day chat and general feel good stuff by the owners. It's what I would expect and have observed in the supplier / customer relationship. Good business people make it their job to know who is who and spend the appropriate amount of time with them.

If a problem appears an owner should expect to become involved and resolve it at this level.

Social networking sites are a great way to get a message across, and this episode shows that.

Whilst I realise that this problem might only affect supporters of BRFC, there will also be some that are, interested in Venkys/investing in Venkys or some other involvement, and it may affect their image of this company.

If it achieves an end, then it's done it's job as far as I'm concerned.

Surely as main sponsors they would be treated to some handshakes, match day chat and general feel good stuff by the owners. It's what I would expect and have observed in the supplier / customer relationship. Good business people make it their job to know who is who and spend the appropriate amount of time with them.

If a problem appears an owner should expect to become involved and resolve it at this level.

Yes you could be right Paul, I just get the feeling, from what being posted here, that WEC think they have some sort of right to speak to the owners on footballing matters, which clearly they don't.

It is obvious to me that cocco and or his sidekicks intercepted the concerns from WEC to stop the Raos being aware of it and the problems that they are covering up,

looks like that all got blown out of the water at Wigan as they saw it for themselves!

lets hope anyway

Yes you could be right Paul, I just get the feeling, from what being posted here, that WEC think they have some sort of right to speak to the owners on footballing matters, which clearly they don't.

....but they DO have a right to speak to the club/owners, maybe not about football matters, but things close to that.

Sporting concerns need people like this, when the sporting concern look shoddy, then that has a detrimental affect on those that give some financial backing.

If these people back out, then who will replace them?

Just shows how people read things different.

I'd have said it comes across that they are more concerned with the image the club is currently displayed as ie laughing stock.

The sponsors at PNE, of whom I know a few, get a private meeting with the manager, get to meet the CEO and MD and also get an invite to meet with the players (not just from a distance)at the training ground.

Clearly footballing matters are down to the manager (in our case I guess not!!!) but it does not stop those putting good bucks in having a view and expressing that view. A relationship with the owners is just good manners and good business.

WAKE UP VENKYS AND SMELL THE CURRY, SORRY COFFEE.

I'd agree with that. I guess they have the right to express a view, just like me and you, and as a sponsor could express it higher up the food chain than we can!!

Just shows how people read things different.

I'd have said it comes across that they are more concerned with the image the club is currently displayed as ie laughing stock.

That's how I saw it as well.

Maybe Im just being naive here but why should the owners speak to WEC? They dont deal with sponsorship, so Im not sure why WEC think they have a right to speak to the owners?

Basic bloody manners Gav. Whichever way you look at it WEC are financially supporting the Venkey business.

Seems quite plausible to me.

Right so metaphorically speaking how long would you leave your biggest customer waiting on the phone Paul? Equally importantly how big a bollocking would you give an employee who answered the call for not telling you that they were waiting?

It's business basics.

Right so metaphorically speaking how long would you leave your biggest customer waiting on the phone Paul? Equally importantly how big a bollocking would you give an employee who answered the call for not telling you that they were waiting?

It's business basics.

Oh nothing like that obviously. What I mean is the way Rovers are being run these days Glenn's suggestion is quite plausible as to what has happened!

A very big one!!!!

• Backroom

WEC have every right to question why the club is an absolute shambles on and off the pitch. The fact they haven't gotten a response until they've made their grievances public tell you everything you need to know about the current regime's perception of the club's business partners. Apparently they're treated in the same way as the fans - unimportant until it becomes a PR problem.

The bottom line is that you keep your key customers / sponsors happy in any business. You simply do what is necessary.

I have been involved in corporate sponsorship at a number of sporting venues and usually, you are extremely well looked after. For example, at Man United, dependent upon level of sponsorship, you fly with the team and stay in the same hotels on European trips and on home match days, you have a 'big name' host. You pay the bucks but they bloody well look after you !!!

The bottom line is that you keep your key customers / sponsors happy in any business. You simply do what is necessary.

I have been involved in corporate sponsorship at a number of sporting venues and usually, you are extremely well looked after. For example, at Man United, dependent upon level of sponsorship, you fly with the team and stay in the same hotels on European trips and on home match days, you have a 'big name' host. You pay the bucks but they bloody well look after you !!!

You wouldn't get an audience with the Glazers to discuss football matter though surely?

I also know someone who sponsored many games/balls/players over the past 25yrs and never met Jack Walker once, the club had people employed to deal with sponsors and issues that arise, maybe thats the problem, we don't have anyone to deal with them now.

You wouldn't get an audience with the Glazers to discuss football matter though surely?

I also know someone who sponsored many games/balls/players over the past 25yrs and never met Jack Walker once, the club had people employed to deal with sponsors and issues that arise, maybe thats the problem, we don't have anyone to deal with them now.

I can't imagine many sponsors got poured drinks by Mr Egerton-Vernon either. There also has to be an element of reason when you are bought by someone who lives thousands of miles away and you are a relatively small cog in their machine, you're not going to get the same access as when it was Bill Fox.

I was under the impression that the marketing/PR side of the club was relatively intact (Williams Jnr, Coar, Beamo, Agnew) and surely it was their job to look after any sponsor issues, certainly to have been in communication with them. William was quick enough to claim the credit for signing them after all.

Archived