BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] WEC GROUP to go public with concerns

The print media still carries the most weight in these situations. When captains of industry and other organisations want to voice their concerns about government policy or similar they write a letter to the Times and other broadsheets. If this lot want to be taken seriously they should forget about twitter and other daft social media and put pen to paper.

These daft social media you refer to has brought down corrupt regimes, brought about the demise of corrupt newspapers amongst other things. You want to get with the times.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came across very well on Radio Lancashire, came across more as a worried fan than from a business veiw.

Presenter asked him if he was confident of Rovers staying up he replied no not all and how can the manager come out and say he is 100% sure that we will and what did he base that confidence on?

He wanted the owners to be more forthcoming in terms of communication and how Rovers perform in the league affects his business and the clients he takes to matches.

yes, Wayne came over very well.

His comments were very damming of the local BRFC people; he only went to the Venkys because he could not get any response from Rovers (ie. Hunt, Agnew and Beamish I expect), this is damming not only of those fools in India but also our local oxygen thiefs.

I cannot wait for the "official" response.

Well done Wayne Wild, no punches pulled but all said in a polite and restrained manner. If Venky's take no notice of this we can be certain they have no interest in the fans, the sponsors or Blackburn as a town.

Tow very interesting points;

"There is nobody there, I am having to go to the commercial department who then go to a representative of the owners. In terms of the running of the club on a day to day basis there is nobody there"

I've heard this elsewhere and it mirrors the Pune 9 experience where it was necessary to work up through the hierachy before speaking with the family.

"I just feel if I can't get a reply as the only paying corporate sponsor that underlines the frustrations that general supporters are having, because there is no direct contact."

One paying corporate sponsor????? Good grief what a disaster for a PL club. This must be devastating for the Commercial Department who will feel they are banging their heads against a brick wall. Equally if the club can't look after a single corporate sponsor one has to wonder what would happen if we had two!

Quotes taken from LT article - apologies Admin!!

I know nothing about Wayne, but if he were to launch a takeover bid, I'd back him.

What does that say?

What the club needs is a CEO - that person should have direct access to the Owners, but be tasked/trusted to operate the business in the owners stead.

The manager should stay at the training ground and do his job....

Shame they let one of the best in the business go as part of their acclimatisation post purchase isn't it?

Bad bad bad advice

it begs the question den, that if wayne has the 'clout', to launch such a bid, then get it done. simple as!!

it also tells us that as fans and wether we purchase single match tickets or indeed a season ticket holder (as i am), we are putting money into our club for venkys not to give a flying (Please don't use that word again)!!

The only thing Venkys needs to do is to sack Steve Kean, replace him and appoint a Chairman along with a few other board-members.

Then let the Chairman run the club and obviously report to Venkys in terms of the big decisions where Venkys would want their opinon.

But letting a Chairman run the club by his own on a daily basis is the key here.

So WHY oh WHY wont they do it??? This is driving me insane!!

I know nothing about Wayne, but if he were to launch a takeover bid, I'd back him.

What does that say?

Interesting. Are they financially able to do. I do not know anything about them.

The current Liverpool owners, forced a sale via court. Maybe we somebody to do the same for Rovers. Sadly doubt it would happen.

Interesting. Are they financially able to do. I do not know anything about them.

The current Liverpool owners, forced a sale via court. Maybe we somebody to do the same for Rovers. Sadly doubt it would happen.

Having spoke with Wayne a lot, WEC could only purchase rovers if they borrowed the money to do so, so although its not impossible its very much unlikely. Having read the letter he sent, i'm disappointed he did not get the desired response, especially as WEC not only employs so many of the local community, but also gives training to those who are less fortunate at their training centre. The company has grown massively over the last 10 years after it started in humble surroundings not very un-similar to Jack Walker.

I do hope Venkys speak with Wayne and sort this matter, as he did not want to go public and gave them so many deadlines to stop him doing so

Having spoke with Wayne a lot, WEC could only purchase rovers if they borrowed the money to do so, so although its not impossible its very much unlikely. Having read the letter he sent, i'm disappointed he did not get the desired response, especially as WEC not only employs so many of the local community, but also gives training to those who are less fortunate at their training centre. The company has grown massively over the last 10 years after it started in humble surroundings not very un-similar to Jack Walker.

I do hope Venkys speak with Wayne and sort this matter, as he did not want to go public and gave them so many deadlines to stop him doing so

Why not suggest joint ownership with the walkers or others, Ian Currie for example. Local consortium and force the sale. Just an idea.

Why not suggest joint ownership with the walkers or others, Ian Currie for example. Local consortium and force the sale. Just an idea.

How would you force a sale when the Raos have just turned down a monster offer that no local consortium would offer nor should ever even think about matching? They'd be totally financially crippled before they even started if they went anywhere near the Qatari numbers.

Archived