BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

I’m absolutely fuming about this, the man is a consummate professional, an honourable man, a legend in the game, and he’s being treated like **** by a clueless idiot that masquerades as a manager and owners that couldn’t run a ###### up in a brewery.

He may not be the player he was, but his experience and determination to win is just what the side needs right now, and hes being frozen out, probably because of his wages.

Disgusting :angry2:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m absolutely fuming about this, the man is a consummate professional, an honourable man, a legend in the game, and he’s being treated like **** by a clueless idiot that masquerades as a manager and owners that couldn’t run a ###### up in a brewery.

He may not be the player he was, but his experience and determination to win is just what the side needs right now, and hes being frozen out, probably because of his wages.

Disgusting :angry2:

Bang on - why are Anderson, Riberio and Blackman on the wage bill??? Plus giving Kean a pay rise too when money is now clearly a problem....

Cant wait to hear Kean confronted with this!

Im very sure he will try and lie his way out of it. Something like: "I was told he was injured, so I am as suprised as you are." or maybe "this is a matter between Michel and the directors, I'll leave contracts and clauses to them".

He will blame someone else, that b@st@rd!

This would be a disgraceful way to treat any player, let alone someone of his stature in the game. We all know that he performed well for a season but should have been released last season, but in an attempt to run the club on the cheap, Rovers gave him a new contract, instead of forking out for a new right back. I don't think that he should be first choice, but when we are facing an injury crisis like we are, for him not to be in the team because they don't want to pay him is beyond belief. Salgado is a complete legend and I would have him in charge of the team, but I'd let Steve Kean even be one of the tea ladies. Yet another example of the shame that is our club.

No team should ever have to use a system that is designed to hide the flaws of a 36 year old full back.

I agree with trying to move Salgado on but I'm not happy about how it is happening. I can't imagine anyone is going to pay him anywhere near the amount we are, unless he can fluke a contract in UAE/Qatar/Russia/China maybe.

Why do you not seem to understand. It is not a case of employing a system just to incorporate one individual. It is the fact that any full back needs cover and that has been severely lacking thus making him look more and more exposed. His better years have gone but he can still play and adds to the squad with little doubt. His treatment appears full of disdain.

Why do you not seem to understand. It is not a case of employing a system just to incorporate one individual. It is the fact that any full back needs cover and that has been severely lacking thus making him look more and more exposed. His better years have gone but he can still play and adds to the squad with little doubt. His treatment appears full of disdain.

Bestie, glad someone also recognises that the wide midfield players have to help and protect the full backs, this has been our problem all along, then the Centre backs get dragged out, leaving opposing players gaps in the middle. On another point here, players will see how Salgado has been treated and will be a huge consideration when players deciding to join Rovers or not, Kean is one minus but to treat players in this way will not bode well for future signings, indeed, I doubt we can make any decent signings with these numptys in charge.

Rumour has it he's been slagging the venkys and kean and also stood up to kean for bullying the young Uns

If that proves to be true, the man will become a Rovers legend in our house :tu:

Keans obviously a man under pressure, he allegedly had a stand up row with the medical staff last week over Hoiletts fitness, he wanted him to play, the medical staff said he wasn't ready.

Bestie, glad someone also recognises that the wide midfield players have to help and protect the full backs, this has been our problem all along, then the Centre backs get dragged out, leaving opposing players gaps in the middle. On another point here, players will see how Salgado has been treated and will be a huge consideration when players deciding to join Rovers or not, Kean is one minus but to treat players in this way will not bode well for future signings, indeed, I doubt we can make any decent signings with these numptys in charge.

Agreed.

If that proves to be true, the man will become a Rovers legend in our house :tu: Keans obviously a man under pressure, he allegedly had a stand up row with the medical staff last week over Hoiletts fitness, he wanted him to play, the medical staff said he wasn't ready.

In our house too, Salgado wont let Kean bully him at all and good on him if he has stood up to be counted!!

The Rovers are in the mire, they cannot rely on kids, they need experienced heads to get them through the relegation dog fight.

At this time the back bone of the team should be made up of people like Salgado, Nelson and even Roberts.

This latest news from the Rovers camp leaves a verry very bitter taste in the mouth.

I dont thing I will be going tonight or to Ewood again, until Kean and Venkys have vacated the premises.

Just found this interview Salagdo did last Nov. http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1342286.html

To say I'm surprised that ###### ##### and the ####### in India have decided to let him go at this point when we have no one left would be a lie. As these ######## clowns don't surprise me anymore.

It would be a good two fingers to the buffoons in India if Rovers fans sang his name out loud tonight. He may of been past his best but his experience amongst the young lads is/was invaluable. Below are the honours he as achieved as a player.

What ####### honours have you achieved KEAN, apart from wrecking a great club, with a great tradition and unforgivably destroying the legacy JW left.

Salagado's Honours

Real Madrid

* UEFA Champions League: 1999–00, 2001–02

* Intercontinental Cup: 2002

* UEFA Super Cup: 2002

* La Liga: 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08

* Supercopa de España: 2001, 2003, 2008

Spain U21

* European Under-21 Championship: 1998

Good, they should avoid activating any clause as he is clearly past it

Cast your mind back to a year ago when SA was sacked. Salgado was arguably our player of the season up until that point. Yes he's not the quickest, but he has a fantastic football brain.

When Kean was brought in his pathetic formtation basically left the full backs completely alone. Salgado is fine, with support from a player like Diouf or Emerton, who tracked back and helped the team. With Rochina in front of him, what chance did Salgado have?

When Kean was brought in his pathetic formtation basically left the full backs completely alone. Salgado is fine, with support from a player like Diouf or Emerton, who tracked back and helped the team. With Rochina in front of him, what chance did Salgado have?

And how effective were Diouf & Emerton as wingers? If they ever beat a man, it was declared a national holiday.

We need a full-back who has the pace and stamina to defend for himself without needing someone to constantly cover him.

Archived