SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignored?? He is always on't telly.

I think you will find the other poster was implying that his situation has not been picked up and mainly ignored by the media. You know, the bit were apparently "if he plays 9 more games he gets a new contract".

• 4 weeks later...

I believe he is there with Luis Figo and David Haye.

Big alonso and Ferrari fan unfortunately.

"Also expected are European football stars, including Blackburn Rovers star Michel Salgado, who previously played for Read Madrid, Fernando Morientes and Fabio Canavarro, as well as former heavyweight boxing champion David Haye."

Boots gone :(

• 5 weeks later...

This story is not favorable to Kean: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-Rovers-Michel-Salgado-could-join-Real-Madrid-pal-David-Beckham-at-LA-Galaxy-article895466.html

And: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2135167/Michel-Salgado-considering-offer-join-David-Beckham-LA-Galaxy.html

Confirms Salgado was frozen out due to a trigger clause in his contract. More damning, however, is that Salgado would have waived the clause to help the club survive.

Lends credence to my personal opinion that Kean is attempting to marginalize and exclude senior players as he views them as threats to his authority, and to heck with the damage it may cause the club.

On the plus side, if Salgado joins the Galaxy I can catch him in a match or two, and can add to my Salgado shirt collection. :tu:

I thought Hunt said live on the radio that the reason he wasn't playing was because the "brilliant" (after playing one game) Bradley Orr was keeping him out?

Surely not another lie from the club?

I thought Hunt said live on the radio that the reason he wasn't playing was because the "brilliant" (after playing one game) Bradley Orr was keeping him out?

Surely not another lie from the club?

Hunt said he wouldn't go into the reasons Salgado wasn't playing, but it wasn't contractual :angry2: they're just a bunch of lying swines, terrible way to treat a footballing legend.

Hunt said he wouldn't go into the reasons Salgado wasn't playing, but it wasn't contractual :angry2: they're just a bunch of lying swines, terrible way to treat a footballing legend.

I totally agree Gav. Legend is often overused, in Salgado's case it isn't misuse; a consummate professional, dignified, well spoken and a great leader/example to the youngsters at the club, cast aside by a bunch of no marks.......absolutely disgraceful, now where are the media on this little tale of BS?

As usual, a total disgrace.

Anyone else hear Souness's comments after the Chelsea-Barca game on Tues where he was talking about Chelsea's improvement under Di Matteo?

He basically said that the main difference was the senior players were back in fold and that you need your senior players in the squad to pull the young lads together. AVB had alienated the senior players which is why they were doing so poorly under him. Di Matteo had got the Lampard's and Drogba's of this world back in the fold which was the main reason for their up-turn in fortunes.

Sound familiar? (without the upturn obviously!)

I hope they have Sky in Pune, not that they'll listen & Stevie boy was probably too busy walking the dog, not that he'd listen either!

Anyway, best of luck Michel whatever you decide. Always the professional, always 100%, always remembered, not least for the attempt to play to help our cause. You've been so badly treated words fail me!

Venkean Out!

"A source close to Salgado said: “Michel felt he could have helped the team, but he was told before Christmas that he could not play. He was prepared to rip up his contract and agree to leave in the summer, but they said no."

From that Mirror article.

The club most definitely received the offer to rip up the contract and still froze him out.

This is pure venal vindictiveness against Salgado.

"A source close to Salgado said: “Michel felt he could have helped the team, but he was told before Christmas that he could not play. He was prepared to rip up his contract and agree to leave in the summer, but they said no."

From that Mirror article.

The club most definitely received the offer to rip up the contract and still froze him out.

This is pure venal vindictiveness against Salgado.

Philip,

People who are far more experienced and better than Kean are forced out, they can see what a complete numpty both he and the Clowns in India are!!

Rovers are still reporting Salgado as suffering from a rib injury with no date of return:

PhysioRoom

Kean is reported to have said ''We've got a quick emergence of some fantastic young players. I think that is going to be the future for us, making sure that we can develop our own players together with some core players of a good type, which we've got a lot of."

My link

It looks like Coco does not consider Salgado a 'good type' who toes the VenKean party line.

Any player with a strong character at Rovers has been shoved out the door as Kean surrounds himself with nobodies and brown nosers.

Rovers are still reporting Salgado as suffering from a rib injury with no date of return:

PhysioRoom

Kean is reported to have said ''We've got a quick emergence of some fantastic young players. I think that is going to be the future for us, making sure that we can develop our own players together with some core players of a good type, which we've got a lot of."

My link

It looks like Coco does not consider Salgado a 'good type' who toes the VenKean party line.

Any player with a strong character at Rovers has been shoved out the door as Kean surrounds himself with nobodies and brown nosers.

I can't agree , his early form was very poor. 36 year old full back in the Premier League ? Name me another one playing at that age.

I can't agree , his early form was very poor. 36 year old full back in the Premier League ? Name me another one playing at that age.

Yes your right he cannot play full-back effectively anymore in the style (if you can call it that) that Keano has playing.

However his legs were gone when we signed him and funnyily enough he did alright under Sam who ensured he was protected.

Salgado should have been sat in front of our back four all season kicking lumps out of people with 2 other CM's.

Kean is reported to have said ''We've got a quick emergence of some fantastic young players. I think that is going to be the future for us, making sure that we can develop our own players together with some core players of a good type], which we've got a lot of."

Our standards are lowering!

Archived